Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

barca96

Busquets is suspended for the next match so he will get some rest.

I felt a sensation alright. It wasn't pleasant. lol

lol.not good for the baby. hopefully its a baby boy.future cule.
can kick busi's ass.just kidding.
but busi doesnt need a rest. he is still young.
xavi is the one who badly needs one.

Merv

lol The baby will be a Cule' regardless if it's a boy or girl. ;)

Agree, Xavi definitely needs a rest. He's so important to our game and is such a work horse. Pep should demand it but I doubt that he will.

El Mesías

I know I'm selfish but I hope Xavi missed the plane. He has been playing non-stop for 2 years (Confed Cup, Euro etc.) and I hope he gets the rest so as to perform for Barcelona again next season and not burn out

dalitis8

Banned
Doesn't Xavi want to win the World Cup?

I think he does.It is the only major trophy that our Spanish/Catalan/foreign players are missing.

Every footballer dreams of the World Cup.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Doesn't Xavi want to win the World Cup?

I think he does.It is the only major trophy that our Spanish/Catalan/foreign players are missing.

Every footballer dreams of the World Cup.

Xavi wants the best for Barça, Spain is dispensable.

dalitis8

Banned
I will not argue with you.You surely know better.

I am sure he would prefer to win the CL with Barca rather than the WC with Spain.

How would you describe Barca's player's attitude towards La Furia Roja?

barca96

lol The baby will be a Cule' regardless if it's a boy or girl. ;)

Agree, Xavi definitely needs a rest. He's so important to our game and is such a work horse. Pep should demand it but I doubt that he will.

i remember reading an interview with xavi last year.
he claims that he decides himself whether he plays or not.

I will not argue with you.You surely know better.

I am sure he would prefer to win the CL with Barca rather than the WC with Spain.

not just any barca player but a catalan...

XaviMessiGirl

World Cup aside, still if he plays tomorrow he could make his injury worse which would rule him out of the other two matches completely, when he could have otherwise been healthy enough to play.

Yes he decides whether he plays or not, but the question is whether he will make a good decision.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Pep said he would have played for Catalunya before Spain if he could have the chance to choose. I imagine that Xavi, Puyi and company think the same.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Is he (and other Spanish Barcelona players) the first one that can be European Champion with Spain, World Champion with Spain and World Champion with Barcelona at the same time?

Talk about cementing a legend ...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Is he (and other Spanish Barcelona players) the first one that can be European Champion with Spain, World Champion with Spain and World Champion with Barcelona at the same time?

When i think about the world cup I am so overwhelmed with excitedness

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

well truthfully it's a quartet of titles (continental champ for club and country, world champ for club and country) and we fucked it by getting KO'd of the CL. but he will be very close if spain win the world cup. cafu had similar problems, he won the libertadores in '92 and '93, the CWC in '93 and '94, the world cup in '94, but didn't win the copa 'til '97, by which time he'd lost all his club titles. unlucky.

however if spain won the world cup, xavi (and iniesta and puyol) would have won all major honours available to him, which would make confirm him as being totally chuffing awesome. he'd also hold 3 at the same time which is a pretty sweet deal.

beckenbauer, breitner, hoeneß, maier, muller and schwarzenbeck either make it, or are one off. they were euro champs in '72 with west germany and then '74, '75 and '76 with bayern - and of course world champs in '74 with west germany, and '76 with bayern. HOWEVER I dunno when in '76 the IC was played, it's very likely it was after euro '76, in which case they don't qualify. it's their own fault though as they declined to play in the '74 IC and couldn't agree a date for the '75 IC.

karembeau came close too. euro champ in '00 with france and reial, world champ in '98 with france BUT reial lost the IC to boca in '00.

the only guy to have done it was a frenchie, though. bixente lizarazu was a european champion in '00 with france and '01 with bayern munich. and then a world champion in '98 with france and '01 with bayern munich. so he held them all at the same time for a year 'til he lost the european title to reial and the world title to brazil. he's also one ofthe precious few foreigners to play for athletic bilbao. so props to the wee fella.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Of our players, playing in Spains NT I think it's only Iniesta that wouldn't prefer Barca over Spain.

wow, nice facts Meta, you lost me somewhere in the first sentence :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans