Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
DonAK, hadn't Cruijffista chessmaster Setien also had similar ideas when he came?

No, BBZ.

Setien's Real Betis always kept possession for the sake of possession. Stale possession. And I said so when he was being touted as an option to replace Valverde. It's easy to get fooled when your team play against Barcelona or Real Madrid and do well when there's loads of space to offer, but what you do with the ball and how you build up your play and the speed of your play when the other team is defending deep speaks more to if you're good enough or not.

Anyone can say they're a Cruijffista. Koeman claims to be one. Valverde claimed to be one.

How you actually coach your team, your ideas and your implementation of them speaks more to if you're one or not.

Passing sideways and keeping possession for the sake of it without any plan or thought behind it is not something Cruyff or Pep would approve of, contrary to popular belief here it seems.

Last edited:

vegitot

He was dicked by the veterans who were still crying after EV and didn't get a proper chance. We never really got to see his ideas because the Amigos had other plans and didn't want to train very hard.

He is a dick who is shite at his job, never win any tittle in his entire career and still sue Barca till this day.

Horatio

You're welcome
How you actually coach your team, your ideas and your implementation of them speaks more to if you're one or not.

I do think most coaches don't get the time or freedom to actually implement their ideas. They always seem super idealistic when taking on the job but then realize with players it is not going to work as they envisioned and start to make compromise after compromise until they maintain a system that gets desired results and then end up so far gone from original style they can't go back anymore.

serghei

I do think most coaches don't get the time or freedom to actually implement their ideas. They always seem super idealistic when taking on the job but then realize with players it is not going to work as they envisioned and start to make compromise after compromise until they maintain a system that gets desired results and then end up so far gone from original style they can't go back anymore.

Yeah, which is why character and personality matter a lot. Not everyone makes a good teacher, coaching is the same, you need charisma, authority, a mix of things to be a leader and make a group respect you.

Of course, a group can also be extremely bad and toxic, so here is where the president has to do his job and get rid of the bad apples.

DonAK

If all coaches could do that there would be more elite and great coaches around. To implement your ideas you need the players to buy-in or get rid of those that don't. You also need the players to actually follow you as a leader and have their respect.

You also need to work your ideas every day in training, something we seemingly don't do if you judge by the comments of players who have left us the last 2-3 years.

Don't think we even do any film study on our opponents like most modern coaches do nowadays.

vegitot

Great, so he has 3 days to turn the shit around :lol:. Do we count for jet lag?

You are too naive if you think everybody will accept Europa rather than UCL knock out stage. Xavi's expection is very high. Of course you can blame Koeman for this or whatever but remember Barca are still alive in UCL now and can decide the fate. So if Xavi comes now, he will have to deal with this challenge.

serghei

You are too naive if you think everybody will accept Europa rather than UCL knock out stage. Xavi's expection is very high. Of course you can blame Koeman for this or whatever but remember Barca are still alive in UCL now and can decide the fate. So if Xavi comes now, he will have to deal with this challenge.

Of course people accept Europa when the team you're fighting for 2nd place beats you 3-0. Laporta fecked up by not sacking Koeman in the summer. But it's gonna be close in this group, 2nd place is still attainable.

Last edited:

vegitot

Of course people accept Europa when the team you're fighting for 2nd place beats you 3-0. Laporta fecked up by not sacking Koeman in the summer.

Oh but remember Barca can decide the fate of this group. 3 wins then no doubt about UCL knock out stage.

And i highly doubt he can win Europa. Either way, he has many things to do.

DonAK

I don't know if Xavi will be a success or not, but I certainly hope we never go back to coaches who are stuck in the early 2000s. Need the club to actually get the head out of their asses and move on to what modern football is today and the different techniques used.

Adapt or die as they say.

serghei

Oh but remember Barca can decide the fate of this group. 3 wins then no doubt about UCL knock out stage.

And i highly doubt he can win Europa. Either way, he has many things to do.

Let's win vs Kyiv and I think we can snatch a win vs Benfica at home with the momentum on our side. But Kyiv away is gonna be tough because there's barely any time to prepare this match for the new manager. And that's assuming he's named in the next 2 days max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans