Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
Y
Of course, a group can also be extremely bad and toxic, so here is where the president has to do his job and get rid of the bad apples.

This is what I was kind of getting at. You can be second coming of Jesus. But if coach is unlucky and deals with toxic players and a shite board that listens to them it is set out to fail from beginning. Nowadays pressure is on even more so.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Is it really an archaic playing style? Managers such as Tuchel and Nagelsmann for example credit Pep's vision of football as their ideals, and so does EtH. They might have different variations, tweaks and interpretations of it, but they claim they base it off the fundamentals Pep set.

We've not played like he want us to play ever since Pep/Tito left.

Xavi said himself that stale possession for the sake of it is useless. It's a mistake to assume Xavi want to hold possession and do nothing with it. He has clear ideas to attack and create a lot of chances and gives his attacking players freedom too.

The only thing we should worry about if anything is whether he actually can implement his ideas here.

He's very clear about his tactical vision. If people want to argue against Xavi, they should argue against the specifics, not some generalized idea of "sterile possession" they have in their heads.

BerkeleyBernie

The key to Xavi's success here is already in place- Messi's departure. Xavi wouldn't have been able to implement his vision should Messi still have been here.

serghei

The key to Xavi's success here is already in place- Messi's departure. Xavi wouldn't have been able to implement his vision should Messi still have been here.

Or Suarez. They were joker players who defied any notion of role, or tactical responsibilities. You just had to let them do their thing hoping they score the goals to win you the game.

vegitot

Or Suarez. They were joker players who defied any notion of role, or tactical responsibilities. You just had to let them do their thing hoping they score the goals to win you the game.

Barca will dominate the world once Messi leaves :tata:

Wonder what kind of world do Barca dominate

Windhook

DonAK, hadn't Cruijffista chessmaster Setien also had similar ideas when he came?

You need to earn the respect of the dressing room first and foremost. You remember the personality of Puyol and how respectful he was to coaches, teammates, opposition... the definition of a true captain. In demolition games, during goal celebrations he would mostly go there to celebrate a bit and end the party. I noticed that he even did that during the historic 2-6 at Bernabeu in 2009. If Setien had such a captain to channel the respect for the coach things would have been different, but Messi couldn't care less, there was a pandemic break and given Setien inferior status compared to even Rakitic things were very clear right from the start. In my mind Setien landed the job due to Busi's praise for the man that got the attention. Nowadays captains are Busi and Pique, who have to lead by example. Pique celebrates every goal like some donkey and would give his kidney for a 5-0 win on Real Madrid, he's that controversial and cocky.

Xavi is a Barca legend, by far the best midfielder in club history. He has a clear philosophy on football and I can't even imagine him tolerating some punk ass attitude in the locker room by anybody. I expect some players to leave this winter because Xavi said so. Have my eyes on Dembele especially.

jairzinho

It's impossible to know for sure if he can successfully transfer his ideas from Qatar Stars League to European football. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

BerkeleyBernie

Yep. I actually think it's an excellent time for Xavi to come in. He can build a cohesive base system around the young talent available and bring in a few key players over the next few windows as FCB's finances settle.

serghei

Yep. I actually think it's an excellent time for Xavi to come in. He can build a cohesive base system around the young talent available and bring in a few key players over the next few windows as FCB's finances settle.

Yeah, we just need to find ways to get 40-50m players who are underrated, much like Liverpool did with Salah and Mane. We can't compete with the state clubs for likes of Haaland.

Windhook

I've had the likes of Haaland and Mbappe written off my mind for a long time now. We don't need a Galactico squad, this formula clearly doesn't work. The concept failed at Real Madrid, also failed at Barca during Rosell & Barto era.

What we need is a team that plays unified for the win. Not personal glory.

mc_lovin

I like the reports that he wants a fast winger and CB. Probably utter bullshit, because why the heck would they know, but I hope it's true (wishful thinking I guess). Fits with his masterclass video as well. My personal ideal is a technical, workhorse 'Barca DNA' midfield and pace, individuality upfront. For me Pep went with his 5-6 AM's one step too far. If Barca/Xavi aims for Olmo I would be pretty displeased :p

Messigician

Him and [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] are going to butt heads, no two ways about it.

Will be interesting to see who comes out on top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans