Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No one knows who he wants as targets as they are just that, rumours - there are few credible rumours as far as Barca goes atm

cro-man

A guy who never coached a proper team and has nothing to show up except his Name. I just hope we can fire him for less money than koemann if he cant deliever. I wished we would have waited for other names like ten hag or Brendan Rodgers. I am so sick of choosing nobodies and average coaches. Pretty sure that his destiny is the same of pirlo.

SmilerBam

Or Suarez. They were joker players who defied any notion of role, or tactical responsibilities. You just had to let them do their thing hoping they score the goals to win you the game.

Suuureee. That is why we won 4 CL's with him in the squad. But yeah, you can't put a genius like Messi to defend.

kattanib

A guy who never coached a proper team and has nothing to show up except his Name. I just hope we can fire him for less money than koemann if he cant deliever. I wished we would have waited for other names like ten hag or Brendan Rodgers. I am so sick of choosing nobodies and average coaches. Pretty sure that his destiny is the same of pirlo.

CORN CORN CORN .. shew crow and fly

OGbarca

Banned
i dont know, i dont want him to come. i think things are beyond any one manager's capacity to fix here. i fear it will ruin him

BBZ8800

I have just checked some of the latest videos of Al Saad and 95% of goals are scored THROUGH THE MIDDLE with TikiTaka, without too much variety.

The good thing about possession and TikiTaka is:
= if it is working, it is working very well and it both brings goals and it is eye-pleasing for viewers

The bad thing about possession and TikiTaka is:
= once when the opponents figure you out after a few seasons, which happened to Barca in 2012, then there is no more naive space/gaps between opponent's attackers-midfielders and midfielders-defenders.
Also, over the time, the opponents started to use Mou's principles against TikiTaka: park the bus with 4+4 players around the box, don't press high since you+ll get TikiTaka'd, and don't allow Barca to stretch you on wings and you do that by leaving the flanks somewhat empty and you play 4 defenders close to eachother at the edge of the box.
That way wingers have more room, but since in TikiTaka they won't take risky shots or risky crosses and they'll just play a pass into the middle of the box or a backpass at the edge of the box, they become sterile and predictable.

The thing about Qatar is that their teams have never faced TikiTaka and they are more naive than La Liga teams in 2008/09.
So, thta thing is working perfectly in Qatar because they are playing in a naive way against TikiTaka: press high, run toward players with the ball over the pitch, leaving holes behind your back, not understanding how Xavi's team will always play a backpass to the edge of a box once when a winger has the ball on the flank.

That shit is not working in Spain since 2012, but hey, let's see whether Xavi has other ideas in his sleeve or he'll just try to beat the dead horse for the 100th time.

Here is a video of Xavi's team from the last week.
The actions are always the same, the goals are always the same, the opponents are insanely tactically dumb and naive.
And every random Barca fan who watched more than 50 matches in his life can predict a move of Xavi's wingers when they are in the box.
Let's hope that coaches from our opponents will be dumber than an average fan who watched 50 matches in his life, because for now Xavi's football looks quite predictable and not too much different from anything that Setien or Arsenal have been unsuccessfully doing in the last 10 years.

FC B

I don't know if Xavi will be a success or not, but I certainly hope we never go back to coaches who are stuck in the early 2000s. Need the club to actually get the head out of their asses and move on to what modern football is today and the different techniques used.

Adapt or die as they say.

Well Xavi seems to me exactly this type of a coach, a pure hardcore cruyffist.

iniestaGOAT

Fuck that. Ten haag and brendad rogers have accomplished nothing. Good managers for teams with low expecations.

Go with xavi, if it does not work out go for lucho.

If xavi comes hes not gonna get fired any time soon anyway. This season and the next, minumum.

vegitot

I have just checked some of the latest videos of Al Saad and 95% of goals are scored THROUGH THE MIDDLE with TikiTaka, without too much variety.

The good thing about possession and TikiTaka is:
= if it is working, it is working very well and it both brings goals and it is eye-pleasing for viewers

The bad thing about possession and TikiTaka is:
= once when the opponents figure you out after a few seasons, which happened to Barca in 2012, then there is no more naive space/gaps between opponent's attackers-midfielders and midfielders-defenders.
Also, over the time, the opponents started to use Mou's principles against TikiTaka: park the bus with 4+4 players around the box, don't press high since you+ll get TikiTaka'd, and don't allow Barca to stretch you on wings and you do that by leaving the flanks somewhat empty and you play 4 defenders close to eachother at the edge of the box.
That way wingers have more room, but since in TikiTaka they won't take risky shots or risky crosses and they'll just play a pass into the middle of the box or a backpass at the edge of the box, they become sterile and predictable.

The thing about Qatar is that their teams have never faced TikiTaka and they are more naive than La Liga teams in 2008/09.
So, thta thing is working perfectly in Qatar because they are playing in a naive way against TikiTaka: press high, run toward players with the ball over the pitch, leaving holes behind your back, not understanding how Xavi's team will always play a backpass to the edge of a box once when a winger has the ball on the flank.

That shit is not working in Spain since 2012, but hey, let's see whether Xavi has other ideas in his sleeve or he'll just try to beat the dead horse for the 100th time.

Here is a video of Xavi's team from the last week.
The actions are always the same, the goals are always the same, the opponents are insanely tactically dumb and naive.
And every random Barca fan who watched more than 50 matches in his life can predict a move of Xavi's wingers when they are in the box.
Let's hope that coaches from our opponents will be dumber than an average fan who watched 50 matches in his life, because for now Xavi's football looks quite predictable and not too much different from anything that Setien or Arsenal have been unsuccessfully doing in the last 10 years.

You can simply go watch a club from Tunisia destroyed Xavi's team with ease. Or his games vs semi decent teams in AFC champion league. Plus there are some difference between Al Sadd and their opponents. Al Saad are one of richest team and have much more resource. Look at Santi Carzola, he already scored 20 goals and had 14 assists last season for Al Sadd.

Liga teams already know Barca tiki taka. Of course that does 't mean they can stop but they can prepare. And the gap is not as big as Qatar level. Norwich can beat any of Qatar team without any difficult.

Porque

You can simply go watch a club from Tunisia destroyed Xavi's team with ease. Or his games vs semi decent teams in AFC champion league. Plus there are some difference between Al Sadd and their opponents. Al Saad are one of richest team and have much more resource. Look at Santi Carzola, he already scored 20 goals and had 14 assists last season for Al Sadd.

Liga teams already know Barca tiki taka. Of course that does 't mean they can stop but they can prepare. And the gap is not as big as Qatar level. Norwich can beat any of Qatar team without any difficult.

FC Andorra also drew 3-3 with Al-Rayyan in August.

Rayyan finished second last season.

So QSL teams are about the standard of Barcelona B opposition.

BBZ8800

Go with xavi, if it does not work out go for lucho.

Wtf with Lucho?

A guy had an abysmal first 6 Months.
Then a team clicked for some reason for 6 Months.
Then they flied due to a momentum in the next 6 Months.
Then they fell apart in the next 18 Months and Lucho never managed to collect them as a team again.

In the last 18 Months, we lost a 10 points advantage infront of RM in 2016 and lost La Liga in 2017.
So, 15 points behind RM.

Even EV without Neymar managed to collect the same team and turn them into almost invcincibles and left the same RM 17 points behind.
Did you forgot Lucho's amazing 343 and how he couldn't control the midfied even against bottom table teams?

What's next? Xavi, Lucho and then Pep's son? Is that the way to go?

vegitot

FC Andorra also drew 3-3 with Al-Rayyan in August.

Rayyan finished second last season.

So QSL teams are about the standard of Barcelona B opposition.

Don't think Barca B have any one like Carzola who can score 20 goals and 14 asissts in their league. Not even in current Barca you can find that player. The gap between teams in Segunda B is not as big as in Qatar league, i think.

Not a follower of Qatar league as i don't watch. Only watch them in AFC then Al Sadd barely play the way of Xavi. Think that his opponents know how to nullify Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans