Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

6 changes that Xavi is going to make at Bar?a:

- The style of play will be non-negotiable

It makes sense that players follow the orders of the coach but Xavi's obsession with the "Barca DNA" stuff is not healthy and shows the lack of open mindedness and a will to adept to modern football. You can't keep playing like it's the 2000's/early 2010s when you don't even have the players that could execute that style of play.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It makes sense that players follow the orders of the coach but Xavi's obsession with the "Barca DNA" stuff is not healthy and shows the lack of open mindedness and a will to adept to modern football. You can't keep playing like it's the 2000's/early 2010s when you don't even have the players that could execute that style of play.

We don't even know how he's going to play for now. Possession football is not an antonym to modern football.

Messigician

Control freak

The players will also eat together again at the training base in Sant Joan Despi, following the guidelines laid out by the nutritionists and fitness staff, another habit that had been cast to one side in recent times. [sport]

BBZ8800

BBZ is famously incapable of connecting the dots

Even if he started from the start, people would be happy with top4 place under Xavi as long as he plays youngsters and some rondos.

I am exaggerating, but you get the point.

For a lot of fans, deep down it's: I'll rather take the 3rd place and a somewhat nice football which reminds me of childhood Pep's days than the 1st place with anti-Barca football.

A simple test, if we could forsee a future, what would you take:
1. EV taking charge now, playing boring and ugly and winning a title
2. or Xavi playing exciting with 8 La Masia kids, matches which will often end in 3:3, but finishing 3rd or 4th in the end

I am not pointing fingers to JamDav but to regular Barca DNA hardcore fans like you and McLovin from the last few replies.

** I am not saying that EV would win a title.
This is just a theoretical question to point to true values of some fans.

Not titles but joyful football.

Last edited:

serghei

Even if he started from the start, people would be happy with top4 place under Xavi as long as he plays youngsters and some rondos.

For a lot of fans, deep down it's: I'll rather take the 3rd place and a somewhat nice football which reminds me of childhood Pep's days than the 1st place with anti-Barca football.

2. or Xavi playing exciting with 8 La Masia kids, matches which will often end in 3:3, but finishing 3rd or 4th in the end

I am not pointing fingers to JamDav but to regular Barca DNA hardcore fans like you and McLovin from the last few replies.

Are you really suggesting EV would push for the title with the current situation at the club? Conditions have changed. We should have made steps towards a rebuild far sooner, and yet we waited to hit near rock bottom before we reacted.

What is so hard to understand?

We kept playing the veterans non-stop and added some really horrible transfers, leading to hundreds of millions being basically wasted, an enormous amount for a club that is supposed to be self-sustainable. Add that to the incompetence of Bartomeu, who left the club in a dire state financially, add COVID crisis who made everything worse since we relied on our fans the most, and here we are. Missing EV has nothing to do with it :lol:. It's basically a coincidence and luck on his part that he left at the right time, sort of.

The main idea is to win playing good football, in this order. But winning and playing good football are both high on the priority scale. Right now, it's not possible for various reasons.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

In less than 24 Months we have fallen from: sack EV even though he is on top of the table, because he is not playing eyepleasing.

To: winning is not the objective, top4 is.

Interesting

That team was going down already with EV. We played some terrible football, despite the results.

Messigician

That team was going down already with EV. We played some terrible football, despite the results.

Still top of the league and underrated in UCL group of death tho brother
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

how funny is this EV fell off narrative, when man didn't have Messi and Suarez for most of it players like Rafinha lol

JamDav1982

EV never faced a summer when Barca lost the best player of all time who along with Griezmann who between them scored/assisted 90 odd goals.

Had a better MATS, a fit Umtiti in first season, a younger Pique/Alba/Busi/Messi and Suarez who had won the CL two seasons before he took over even if Neymar had left. Let alone having utter garbage like Braithwaite and LDJ up top as is case now.

These past two seasons have been most turbulent in clubs history for a lot of reasons and not even remotely comparable to EV time in charge or realistic expectations for Xavi now.

mc_lovin

Again, context matters. With our current squad I would take Xavi 10 out of 10 times. In 17/18 Valverde is the man, who I give a lot of credit for our double then. Problem is how we degraded after his debut season, partially thanks to the dressing room culture he contributed to and his inability to influence the board in regards to transfer policy. He just seemed too happy being a yes man or simply lacked influence, which shouldn't be Xavi's problem with his standing.

FinBarcelonafan

Again, context matters. With our current squad I would take Xavi 10 out of 10 times. In 17/18 Valverde is the man, who I give a lot of credit for our double then. Problem is how we degraded after his debut season, partially thanks to the dressing room culture he contributed to and his inability to influence the board in regards to transfer policy. He just seemed too happy being a yes man or simply lacked influence, which shouldn't be Xavi's problem with his standing.

Failed signings hurt us as well. We couldn't make the the team younger and we ended up past it players in almost every position.

Messigician

You cannot say a Bilbao coach neglects youth.

Even Laporta defended Valverde and said allowing youth to be played must be sanctioned by the board to avoid irregularities with the rules.

See Benitez being disqualified in copa

BusiTheKing

Your assumption that EV's football got results on account on some pragmatic, boring-but-functional gameplan seems highly questionable. For starters, his system was comically incapable of producing goals when you took individual brilliance out of the picture.

Messigician

Your assumption that EV's football got results on account on some pragmatic, boring-but-functional gameplan seems highly questionable. For starters, his system was comically incapable of producing goals when you took individual brilliance out of the picture.

Really?

5-1 vs Madrid wirhout Messi

Valverde era

Undefeated in league vs Real, Atletico, and other big teams

Post Valverde
0 wins

Where's the individual quality then?

Valverde made Lenglet look world class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans