Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo32

Breaking the delusion-meter...

Just quit now Birdy.
At least 4/5 of Barcelonas CL are won by managers that famously participated in rondos. Maybe 5/5 I don't remember Lucho.
If Xavi doesn't win (not as unlikely as you think, but this wasn't the argument) it won't be because he participated in rondos.

KingLeo10

Just quit now Birdy.
At least 4/5 of Barcelonas CL are won by managers that famously participated in rondos. Maybe 5/5 I don't remember Lucho.
If Xavi doesn't win (not as unlikely as you think, but this wasn't the argument) it won't be because he participated in rondos.

You think Xavi with this squad can win CL?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gari

Laporta was against Xavi in the summer. Now he quickly fulfills Xavi's wishes. Maybe he wants to be removed by the fans themselves in the summer? No professional club in Europe will sign the current Alves. This is a blow to the image. I don't know what to think.

behindbrowneyes

It's getting worse.
It's unacceptable when the coach does not distance himself enough from his players to generate authority.
Coach can never be part of what the players do in training, even in rondos

Remember the anecdotal story about Setien taking part in rondos?
And one day Messi lost in the rondo, and was supposed to go in the middle, but he nodded his head instead,
and Quique happily went in the middle instead??

Yeah, that...

At the moment it is really hard to even train most of the things as two thirds of the squad aren't there. Who says Xavi will take still part when our internationals are back?

There is also a big difference between "recently" retired Xavi taking part in training sessions and old average Setien doing it. Xavi has been the best playmaker of the club this decade and everybody knows it, even the younger ones. They won't only have much respect, but can learn many things from him. What is more, we don't even have a star player at the club anymore. Players will love it and be motivated to train with the legend Xavi is. I have no doubt Xavi can take part in some exercises and still be authoritative a minute later.

@video from today: lol at 2:35 when they showed Puig doing a sprint with Umtiti next in line, but them cutting this part out and showing Collado sprinting instead. I see what they did there :troll:

Bobo32

You think Xavi with this squad can win CL?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said, not the argument there, but it wouldn't be the most surprising thing ever. Leicester won the PL a few years back. Remember where Chelsea were one year ago?

I even got in a small amount of money for Barcelona to win @67,0 - and now it stands at 50 something. I predicted Koemans exit, and I predict a big improvement. If they can get out of the group there is always a chance.

serghei

I like Xavi, but I have a limit. If he makes us bring Messi back for 60m a year and 5km a game, he's dead to me.

mc_lovin

There's a Revenge of the sith meme somewhere in there :lol:

Alves is a dressing room signing if I have ever seen one, on a sporting level he will have next to no impact.

Bobo32

Our team next season: MATS, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Alba, Thiago, Busi, Pedri, Pedro, Messi, Olmo

Some bad choices in your ironic post but not too bad. Here is a dream core for next season:

GK: Mats
RB: Alves, Roberto
CB: Frenkie, Eric, Mingueza, Comas
LB: Alba, Grimaldo
DMC: Busquets
MC: Puig, Gavi, Nico, Thiago
Attackers: Messi, Pedro, Pedri, Bernardo, Fati, Konrad

Messi would be a BIG risk, but if Xavi was confident in bringing him back, then it is a very BIG balled and very interesting thing to see.

KingLeo10

Some bad choices in your ironic post but not too bad. Here is a dream core for next season:

GK: Mats
RB: Alves, Roberto
CB: Frenkie, Eric, Mingueza, Comas
LB: Alba, Grimaldo
DMC: Busquets
MC: Puig, Gavi, Nico, Thiago
Attackers: Messi, Pedro, Pedri, Bernardo, Fati, Konrad

Messi would be a BIG risk, but if Xavi was confident in bringing him back, then it is a very BIG balled and very interesting thing to see.

:lol: This team would get 20-0ed by Bayern.

Never seen such a soft midfield and defense and GK combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans