Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

From not even wanting to watch the games to being excited to watch daily training, this is the one from today.

Same here. Checking for updates on the channel every day. Impressive he invests so much time in training with the "finished" Luuk De Jong, Puig and Umtiti. Could be because of the absent internationals and injured. But this closeness can only bring up the confidence in the squad. Feels like good times with all this enthusiasm and discipline imposed on the squad finally.

Remember the anecdotal story about Setien taking part in rondos?
And one day Messi lost in the rondo, and was supposed to go in the middle, but he nodded his head instead,
and Quique happily went in the middle instead??

Do you really believe Xavi will do such a thing? Also we don't have this larger than manager player on our squad anymore.

Last edited:

Bobo32

He recently played as a Barca star against the Real Madrid stars. Its a sad sight, but I love him. Barcelona lost.

Hm not VERY recently am I right? I think I catched some of that game, but can't remember anything from it. Many legends lacking IIRC.

Bobo32

It's getting worse.
It's unacceptable when the coach does not distance himself enough from his players to generate authority.
Coach can never be part of what the players do in training, even in rondos

And one day Messi lost in the rondo, and was supposed to go in the middle, but he nodded his head instead,

Yeah, that...

lol. That was me telling that story twice here, I never saw anyone else talk about it.

Cruyff, Rijkaard, Pep all took part in rondos.

gregorrin10

Same here. Checking for updates on the channel every day. Impressive he invests so much time in training with the "finished" Luuk De Jong, Puig and Umtiti. Could be because of the absent internationals and injured. But this closeness can only bring up the confidence in the squad. Feels like good times with all this enthusiasm and discipline imposed on the squad finally.

Not to mention the level of intensity in this 3 minute video alone is looking higher than in all the training sessions with Valverde and Koeman in their whole time here! Players actually go home tired and don't have the energy to even think about doing stupid things, much less do them. :thumbsup:

Birdy

lol. That was me telling that story twice here, I never saw anyone else talk about it.

Cruyff, Rijkaard, Pep all took part in rondos.
LOL,
completely strawmaning my point

Did they go in the middle when misplaced a pass?
Did they go in the middle when MEssi misplaced a pass??

Bobo32

LOL,
completely strawmaning my point

Did they go in the middle when misplaced a pass?
Did they go in the middle when MEssi misplaced a pass??

That is not really your anecdotal point, but the original point I made when telling that story after having watched the sequence.
The point was true with Setien, but Xavi won't get in the middle on Messis command as Messi isn't there, and I also think you will instead get the same story that was printed with Cruyff, Rijkaard and Pep - "they are always participating in the rondos, but they are never in the middle"

Also, in the video he wasn't really in the rondos, but was a 'free' end man, so he couldn't get in the middle even if he failed.

OGbarca

Banned
Xavi starting to get some coins with me

Breaking!

Xavi will push for the return of Lionel Messi

Although the nature of his departure soured the relationship between Messi and current president Joan Laporta, the return of Xavi Hernandez as head coach could prove pivotal in the Argentine's return. [Marca]

pls stop the trolling

Birdy

The erosion of authority happens gradually.
You start by 'just participating' in the rondos
Then, you start getting in the middle when losing.
And the final and most sad part, is when you get in the middle for Messi (or X player. Put any Amigo here)

Gari

Hm not VERY recently am I right? I think I catched some of that game, but can't remember anything from it. Many legends lacking IIRC.
2021-07-21 The Barca Legends have lost the Clasico in Israel against the Real Madrid 2:3 . Despite going ahead thanks to a Ronaldinho penalty, the all-whites came out strong in the second half and scored through Munitis, Alfonso and De La Red, despite Jofre adding a second for the blaugrana. Barca started the game with Angoy, Deh?, Tortolero, Juan Carlos, Arp?n, Goikoetxea, Mendieta, Deco, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Saviola.

Last edited:

Bobo32

The erosion of authority happens gradually.
You start by 'just participating' in the rondos
Then, you start getting in the middle when losing.
And the final and most sad part, is when you get in the middle for Messi (or X player. Put any Amigo here)

It starts by 'just participating' and it ends with the team winning the CL is more like it lol.

2021-07-21 The Barca Legends have lost the Clasico in Israel against the Real Madrid . Despite going ahead thanks to a Ronaldinho penalty, the all-whites came out strong in the second half and scored through Munitis, Alfonso and De La Red, despite Jofre adding a second for the blaugrana. Barca started the game with Angoy, Deh?, Tortolero, Juan Carlos, Arp?n, Goikoetxea, Mendieta, Deco, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Saviola.
Yeah now I remember, I watched that very haf-assedly. I think Madrid had few legends, but Barcelona had a few at least yeah. Ronaldinho is usually very fun to watch in these games, but this time he wasn't that great IIRC

fergus90

It's getting worse.
It's unacceptable when the coach does not distance himself enough from his players to generate authority.
Coach can never be part of what the players do in training, even in rondos

Yeah, that...

Watch Man City's youtube you can see Guardiola joining in training on plenty of occasions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans