Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vittorio

zidane was amazing. i will never forget his match against brazil in wc2006 it was pure brilliance. but xavi is amazing too. his performances for barca are breath-taking. i dont know. im cunfused. in my book they are both kings.

W

wuzu

of course everyone loves Xavi. :wub:
but his lack of height and strength,he failed to be our DM. coz of that Barca needed to use another spot for defensive duty such as Yaya. the traditional Barca mid 3 is suppose to be like this:

Edgar Davids(box to box)----------------Luis Enrique (box to box)
-----------------------------traditional #4

if the #4 can(should) do all play making, holding opponent,and tall enough to control air,the other 2 CMs can go all out.
however, Xavi+Iniesta+Yaya combo also worked well,but the 2 CMs lack of strength and speed to stop counters,we lost many goals on 08-09.
now with the Xavi+Iniesta+SB combo.....meh we will have to control the ball on our feet 100% of the time.

Barcafan 2304

of course everyone loves Xavi. :wub:
but his lack of height and strength,he failed to be our DM. coz of that Barca needed to use another spot for defensive duty such as Yaya. the traditional Barca mid 3 is suppose to be like this:

Edgar Davids(box to box)----------------Luis Enrique (box to box)
-----------------------------traditional #4

if the #4 can(should) do all play making, holding opponent,and tall enough to control air,the other 2 CMs can go all out.
however, Xavi+Iniesta+Yaya combo also worked well,but the 2 CMs lack of strength and speed to stop counters,we lost many goals on 08-09.
now with the Xavi+Iniesta+SB combo.....meh we will have to control the ball on our feet 100% of the time.

Lol, wonder if we will ever see 90%+ possession in a game!

ViolentLogic

Zidane and Xavi different types of players and different roles...

Zidane is more aggressive and is more like a Baggio type IMHO, whereas Xavi is more of a "brains" guy, yes I know some will disagree with me but Zidane can create magic, but Xavi is the BEST decision-maker and "puppet master" that I have ever seen in football (him and Pirlo both).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans