Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I really don't agree that Zidane was more talented. Zidane was more energetic, direct and he was much more better shooter, but Xavi's ball control and passes are better than Zidane's.

Here's a fine article about him :

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/...-xavi-the-best-center-midfielder-in-the-world

Zidane was more talented. Zidane had exquisite dribbling ability and he had flashyness that Xavi does not possess. Xavi does well to protect the ball but that is not on the same level of Zidane.

Zidane for the magic moments, Xavi for the consistency and range of passing

But here is the thing, Zidane was painfully consistent too.

Thing is where Xavi does better than Zidane is that he has the team play so well without being noticed. He just disappears. I wonder who has more direct assists because I think Xavi would win that one.

For those who think Zidane is a better goal scorer, he didn't score much. He had the ability but never used it to his advantage.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
For those who think Zidane is a better goal scorer, he didn't score much. He had the ability but never used it to his advantage.

True. I only remember one oficial match that he scored two goals: France - Brasil in WC final in 1998 (at least, at this level).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans