Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

Xavi: "The other day I made the line-up and Naval told me that if we would get a red card, we would be punished with three points. I can only put three players of Bar?a B in the XI. It is a somewhat stupid rule. In January we value promoting some players."

That's funny. Even if he wanted to bench Busquets he simply couldn't ;D At least not with Gavi, Abde and Jutgla in the line-up :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi: "The other day I made the line-up and Naval told me that if we would get a red card, we would be punished with three points. I can only put three players of Bar?a B in the XI. It is a somewhat stupid rule. In January we value promoting some players."

That's funny. Even if he wanted to bench Busquets he simply couldn't ;D At least not with Gavi, Abde and Jutgla in the line-up :lol:

Same reason we are not seeing Marmol get minutes instead of Lenglet perhaps.

FinBarcelonafan

Wow that's pretty crazy rule. Does it have something to do with our salary cap situation, because otherwise it makes zero sense.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Wow that's pretty crazy rule. Does it have something to do with our salary cap situation, because otherwise it makes zero sense.

It's a standard rule I think, teams normally don't rely on the B players this much. We sometimes see heavily rotated teams with B players in meaningless CL/EL games as opposed to LL for the same reason, where the registration for young homegrown players is easier than in LL

Birdy

"@BarcaTimes
?
2h
Xavi: “Ter Stegen has the best possible ball output in a goalkeeper. Only Neuer is at his height, there is no other goalkeeper with that quality.”"

Sounds like a statement coming straight from 2014.
As if 7 years haven't passed since then, and we haven't seen Alisson, Courtois, Ederson, Donarumma and so on...

KingLeo10

"@BarcaTimes
?
2h
Xavi: “Ter Stegen has the best possible ball output in a goalkeeper. Only Neuer is at his height, there is no other goalkeeper with that quality.”"

Sounds like a statement coming straight from 2014.
As if 7 years haven't passed since then, and we haven't seen Alisson, Courtois, Ederson, Donarumma and so on...

:lol: Loved him as a player, but he really is a Catalan Setien.

Windhook

Pretty bold statement there! But seeing the dedication from La Masia kids in La Liga games is normal and they respect fully the coach, also they are more adapt to the philosophy. Meanwhile mercenaries who arrived here for zillions of money are clueless what this style of football is all about. Since Lucho left our game was based on making runs and pass to Messi and let's see the outcome of it. Sadly non-Barca players had hardly worked under a coach who was truly BarcaDNA, no disrespect to Ernesto Valverde, but he had no idea what this philosophy means as he witnessed just a glimpse of it in his career in its inception during 1988-1990 under Cruyff. Yes, the club won a lot of titles during EV, but it was due to the brilliant chemistry between Messi and Suarez and absolutely no credit to the supermodel Andre Gomes.

Horatio

You're welcome
Look, Xavi is playing mind games. It is fine. If you read between lines he already admitted Ter Stegen is not doing well. Just get Onana next year and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans