Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateka

I consider your rating of Busquets a joke tbh. Rodri is a superior player in every way. I expect him to dispatch Busi even under Lucho soon in the national team.

Rodri needed time to settle in at City, but knows what Pep requires of him, and is essential imho today. Fernandinho s place in the team is now his. Rodri is in his best form. I would have thought in the international team every time.

(Whilst playing for City he has completed his degree in business administration)

Birdy

I don't buy the whole argument, but BBZ may have a point there about Knockout games

Even Pep's CLs won with Barca hinged on moments where some individual magic saved the day.
Eto's personal magic changed the flow of the game in 09 final, with Utd being much better until then and missing chances.
Messi's solo wondergoal against RM at Bernabeu in 2011 changed the dynamic of the tie. Not sure we would have won that OR it would have been so easy for us to qualify without that goal

Similarly, we can recall games where the solo or magic personal attempt did not happen, and we got eliminated.
Vs Inter in 10 with Pep
but vs Atleti in 14 and 16 as BBZ says.
Or with Pep personally, Bayern vs Atleti 2016, Bayern lacked that move from one of their players to get them through to the final.

It's the nature of knockout games first and foremost.
That's why they mis-represent what the best team is

Windhook

That long post-match bench talk between Lopetegui and Xavi was remarkable moment.

I believe Xavi's ideas are starting to click a bit. Unfortunately we don't have the quality to execute in front, but the rest of the field in an away game against top 4 La Liga squad was outstanding.

FinBarcelonafan

That long post-match bench talk between Lopetegui and Xavi was remarkable moment.

I believe Xavi's ideas are starting to click a bit. Unfortunately we don't have the quality to execute in front, but the rest of the field in an away game against top 4 La Liga squad was outstanding.

Is there any place where I can watch it?

Kul_z

Cant wait for full fit squad. Even with braithwaite in the squad we could win this easily. Our bad luck should run out soon, for fucks sake.

Porque

Got things correct today. Perhaps not bold enough in the substitutions considering Sevilla were down to 10 and physically low considering this was their second tough game in 4 days.

Lets hope we can bring in a goalscorer in Winter, and if we cannot that Fati and Depay can go uninjured and in form.

JamDav1982

Got things correct today. Perhaps not bold enough in the substitutions considering Sevilla were down to 10 and physically low considering this was their second tough game in 4 days.

Lets hope we can bring in a goalscorer in Winter, and if we cannot that Fati and Depay can go uninjured and in form.

Not sure what substitutions he can make really with options.

Maybe Nico on earlier a bit but that is about it.

Porque

Not sure what substitutions he can make really with options.

Maybe Nico on earlier a bit but that is about it.

We could have overloaded the midfield centrally or perhaps added a forward.

We ended the game with a back 4 against 10 men. Xavi chose to maintain the initial structure and go for like the like substitutions with Gavi moving positions.

But as you mentioned, the bench was limited.

BusiTheKing

I think something like simple overlaps from the wing back is something we could benefit a lot from.

We're able to progress it to the winger a lot but from there we're pretty clueless.

Solid weapon in those situations that's easy to train and implement

No reason why we shouldn't do this: https://streamff.com/v/882fd1

How many times didn't Dembele receive the ball like that where Araujo could have come storming down the wing but just didn't?

khaled_a_d

The ref was a disgrace. Sevilla was very lucky with this ref. They should have had 3-4 more yellow cards and we got for every touch.

Same referee that butchered us against Cadiz and then sent FDJ.
And how I remember that? because my commentator was talking about him being the only referee to give Frenkie red cards, he has done it twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans