Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

freetocan

Real Madrid didn't build their squad without faults and without deadweight, no one does that.
And even in the future their squad isn't going to be that complete, and tbh no one right now have that ultimate squad. Not Bayern, Liverpool, City or Chelsea even and for sure not RM.

From the names you mentioned, Luuk and Demir are on loans and will leave in winter or summer, Pique most likely retiring or going to MLS.
Mingueza, Coutinho, Busquets, Puig & Umtiti has their contracts ends in 2023
Would say that Dest (prefer keeping him) and Lenglet has a market and are serviceable players, so they aren't deadweight.
Alba is still good enough as back up, main problem is contract is until 2024 so probably will stay more one season than his welcome, but as back up I would take it.
Stegen is the biggest question mark, and I hope we finds a way to offload him and that there is a market for him.
Braithwaite and Pjanic are the only real troubles there, contract till 2024 and paid higher salaries for their abilities.
Overall ain't bad situation for rebuilding team.

The main problem is nailing reinforcements, having few world class additions changes the dynamics of the whole team.
They will make mediocre players appears to be solid role players, and solid players as decent starters.
We don't have those anymore.

Fully agree with Serghei. We will have no chance against Real Madrid in la Liga for next 4-5 years, especially if Real will bring in Halaand ( Mbappe is already with one leg there). We in the best case scenarios, we will finish 2nd-3rd.
Further, we has to stop thinking for any CHampionsLeague either again for several years from now. I predict a bad near future for Barca from many points of view. If our scoutting does not drastically improve we will go nowhere. Now for ex, we want to pay 55m pounds for Ferran Torres!!! With this money plus a little bit more, we can bring in Halland instead. Just an example.

BarcaOG

Banned
Xavi goes out for a walk, maybe to buy some milk at the store...

45 minutes later FC Barcelona youtube channel uploads:

Maestro Xavi presents a masterclass in power-walking and home economics!

Windhook

One of the things that impressed me is how fluent Xavi is in English, not that it makes much difference as most of the squad is from the Spanish world, except for Depay who is still foreign to the language.

Windhook

eh, hes not speaking at length there. hard to say

I know. Check out his presentation at Camp Nou last month, maybe I should have started with this video:

He regularly speaks at length in English for foreign followers of the club. Better than Pep's English IMO.

freetocan

Folks it appears that you got Ferran Torres. Can't wait to see how this guy plays, I do not have idea. Hopefully he will make a good trio with Dembele and Ansu Fati....

Barcilliant

Can someone explain why Xavi is playing three at the back consistently? I can understand him trying it out but the quality of CBS here just doesn't help.
He needs to get a full back, a cb and a new keeper.

Gari

FHaI5J6WYAMFZYR

BBZ8800

Folks it appears that you got Ferran Torres. Can't wait to see how this guy plays, I do not have idea. Hopefully he will make a good trio with Dembele and Ansu Fati....

It is very questionable whether those other 2 will ever play or be here in a few Months/Years.

Some other attacking trios are way more realistic.

Windhook

Can someone explain why Xavi is playing three at the back consistently? I can understand him trying it out but the quality of CBS here just doesn't help.
He needs to get a full back, a cb and a new keeper.

It's the fluidity of Cruyff's system, just that it appears weird with Araujo being played as RB due to the lack of quality in others and Dani Alves being unavailable so far.

BBZ8800

I'm surprised you haven't heard any of his recent interviews. He goes English/Catalan/Spanish sometimes. Here's the most recent one, Christmas messages:

I know that this is a bloopers clip and that guys are joking at times, but it is so hard to watch Dembele doing anything and putting any trust in him.
Pain, Christmas pain :santatree::xmastree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans