Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsbarca

With players like Pedri, Araujo, FDJ, Dembele etc it is unacceptable not to finish top4 in a weak LaLiga. Rayo who's squad is worth less than FDJ is 4th...

Well, Koeman certainly put us behind the 8 ball with what he did the first part of the season. And the value of the players that we have doesn't really matter at the end of the day. Look at Coutinho, his transfer was more then probably the majority of what the squads in the league are worth yet he can't get a game because he's not good enough.

ajnotkeith

Well, Koeman certainly put us behind the 8 ball with what he did the first part of the season. And the value of the players that we have doesn't really matter at the end of the day. Look at Coutinho, his transfer was more then probably the majority of what the squads in the league are worth yet he can't get a game because he's not good enough.

It is the coach's job also to get the best out of his players. We may think they're bad but you can't say with a straight face that FDJ is worse than some random Segunda midfielder from Rayo, or that Dembele is worse than a winger from Getafe. These are obviously players with ability.

Pepsbarca

It is the coach's job also to get the best out of his players. We may think they're bad but you can't say with a straight face that FDJ is worse than some random Segunda midfielder from Rayo, or that Dembele is worse than a winger from Getafe. These are obviously players with ability.

I didn't say anything about FDJ to be fair. I also agree with you but the quality of individual players, whether bad or good, doesn't make a good TEAM. It's how the players perform as a team and we obviously haven't been performing good enough which is why Koeman got sacked and we're not in the top 4 at this point.

BarcaOG

Banned
well, yeah, xavi is right, our players are garbage

but he keeps on playing the very worst on them so w.e, he makes no sense

XAVI OUT

omidferoz

a lot of you guys complain about the players that Xavi is starting. Can some of you tell me what an ideal line-up will be with these crappy players we got right now?

Bobo32

I think that Xavi says something along the lines: during Pep our players/team had let's say 10 tactical tricks/aspects which made them successful.
Today we have only 3 out of those aspects.

So, something similar to Arthur vs player Xavi.
Our players have some skills which resemble successful days but in general lack other key skills and thus they are weak copies of those times.

So, not only that our players and a club lack in a physical and psychological department compared to City, Liverpool, Bayern, Real but they also lack in the only thing left: tactical-technical aspect.

He is not talking about skills but about habits. Barcelonas players, especially the la masia ones have the skills to play la masia style football, they have good technique and good minds, but they have been left to their own decision making and styles too much at least since coming to Barcelona A.

A bit inevitable just counting the amount of managers (and players) lately, but it's also about Koeman seemingly having little clue about what he wanted, and Setien and Valverde being so different managers, both opposed in different ways by the board, and "helped" so much by having Messi.

Xavi has a lot of work to do probably, I only see glimpses of things going the right way so far, but it's tough of course.
The most impressive thing about Pep is probably the way he got Barcelona, Bayern and City to play already the first pre-seasons.

xXKonan

This team needs Veterans but the issue we have is our Vets are either at the tail end of their careers and have declined significantly such as Pique and Busi and to an extent Alba as well or a not good enough such as Ter Stegen, Lenglet, Umtiti, Barith, Roberto, Coutinho etc.

Depay is heading towards the not-good-enough territory for me. We have some talented youngsters but also have youngsters who are not developing properly or simply not good enough long term. This team badly needs an overhaul in the veteran department the most. I'm talking about guys like Rakitic when we first got him, guys in the 26-29 range that can help at least give us a good spine.

Right now the Kids are the ones doing the heavy lifting which itself is embarrassing really that we have to rely so much on kids while our Vets aren't simply good enough anymore.

Messigician

Now Barca fans and players have started appreciating every win. 🤣🤣In the past, wins were taken for granted against teams like elche and co.

BBZ8800

What does the fact that Xavi likes wingers in the mold of Abde, Dembele, (...) and strong 1v1 defenders like Araujo tell us? Are we still stuck in 2011? Or does he try his own thing?

Ah, damn... I forgot choir boy Gavi. Back to '11 it is.

I have no idea what this reply has to do with my post.
You are probably a bot from Rory's post.

I didn't blame Xavi or La Masia.
My opinion is that the whole club from the board, coaches, physical preparation and players moved into Barca DNA Wallmart version.

I'll try to explain it in this way:
Imagine if your team is the best because you have world class players, pacey wingers, fighters, good captains, good coach, good defense, pacey players, good stamina.
And on top of all you have world class technique.

Now, technique is a key part of all of this, but you wouldn't get on top without other ingredients.
And then one day someone comes and say: we only need technique, we'll survive without those other 10 things which made us great.

And that's how you get the current Barca.
On surface it looks like the old, successful Barca, but when you dig beneath the surface, it lacks in all areas.

Technique from this post is just an example, don't take it literally.
But imo, that is what Xavi was talking about.
We had like 10 or 20 little things which were the basics of our football and success and we neglected majority.
About tactical things which he is talking about, there are 3-4 options:
1. he thinks that La Masia kids don't learn the basics anymore
2. he thinks that expensive transfers don't know the basics of our football
3. he thinks that both 1 and 2 from this post don't know the basics
4. or he thinks that the coaches in the last few years did zero to improve the tactical basics of our team and thus the players lost even the aspects which they knew 6 years ago, so again either 1, 2 or both don't know the basics

Last edited:

Devils

I've always been #TeamXavi, but he has to get a result vs Sevilla on Tuesday. Huge huge opportunity to get ahead of Pathetico.

If we can finish this year in top 4 and we manage to sign Torres/Cavani in the winter along with Ansu and Pedri coming back, pretty confident we can finish 2nd in La Liga, win The Europa League and Copa Del Rey.

FinBarcelonafan

I've always been #TeamXavi, but he has to get a result vs Sevilla on Tuesday. Huge huge opportunity to get ahead of Pathetico.

If we can finish this year in top 4 and we manage to sign Torres/Cavani in the winter along with Ansu and Pedri coming back, pretty confident we can finish 2nd in La Liga, win The Europa League and Copa Del Rey.

If all those things happen it's nearly perfect season in my eyes, especially after ALL the struggle we had. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though.

SmilerBam

He is not talking about skills but about habits. Barcelonas players, especially the la masia ones have the skills to play la masia style football, they have good technique and good minds, but they have been left to their own decision making and styles too much at least since coming to Barcelona A.

A bit inevitable just counting the amount of managers (and players) lately, but it's also about Koeman seemingly having little clue about what he wanted, and Setien and Valverde being so different managers, both opposed in different ways by the board, and "helped" so much by having Messi.

Xavi has a lot of work to do probably, I only see glimpses of things going the right way so far, but it's tough of course.
The most impressive thing about Pep is probably the way he got Barcelona, Bayern and City to play already the first pre-seasons.

Well Pep is a genius. We know that. But let's be fair. The teams he inherited are miles better than what Xavi has now at Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans