Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL_Barca

There's nothing wrong with keeping experienced players around but we can't continue playing them all every game.

Yesterday our defense had 38 year old Alves, 34 (soon to be 35) year old Pique and 32 (soon to be 33) year old Alba behind 32 year old Busquets :lol:

This can't go on like this, we can't go into next season with an average age of like 32 in defense that's ridiculous.

I hope Xavi realizes what needs to be done, even if it means replacing his friends.

FinBarcelonafan

There's nothing wrong with keeping experienced players around but we can't continue playing them all every game.

Yesterday our defense had 38 year old Alves, 34 (soon to be 35) year old Pique and 32 (soon to be 33) year old Alba behind 32 year old Busquets :lol:

This can't go on like this, we can't go into next season with an average age of like 32 in defense that's ridiculous.

I hope Xavi realizes what needs to be done, even if it means replacing his friends.

True and every year it's worse.. and we have had meltdowns the past five years. It's insane we still have same starters.

BarcaOG

Banned
sorry Bobo but theres simply no evidence to suggest that (this version of) Busi is "indispensable to the team". just look back at our recent history: we get smacked around when he's playing. hes hardly a difference maker.

the same is true of the entire old guard though.

Rory

The reality is when opponents are chasing a goal they up their intensity and as soon as they do that Busquets needs subbing. He roles out the red carpet for them. No shame in age catching up to you. Football is also a physical sport. A team high on chasing a goal can completely bypass any technical excellence you have if they are 1st, 2nd and 3rd to the ball.

Only situation someone like Busquets would be worth keeping on is if we had Barca 2008-2012 to keep the ball for the last 20, laughing as the opponents can't even get the ball to launch an attack. Since that's not going to happen what is he doing on the pitch all game? Since 2013 I've felt uneasy with busquets being this main defensive man in the middle of the park. Constantly in fear he's about to get overran.

Plenty of other shite on the pitch/bench too, no mistake there.

fergus90

It?s no coincidence that Piques best performances are without Busquets and vice versa. But given the situation of the squad now it?s difficult to not use all of the veterans.

In my opinion after September 1st 2022 will determine if Xavi is destined for failure or not. Reliance on Pique, Busquets still and he will just be another in a string of managers who have misplaced trust in them which will cost him his job.

KingLeo10

Xavi is a bigger amigo than Messi ever was. Khaled was the first to call it, and with Messi not being around and Xavi still insisting on the corpses of Busquets, Pique, and Alba every chance he gets, it's pretty compelling evidence.

fergus90

Yeah, not long before Xavi was appointed I did read him defending Busquets and the ‘unfair’ criticism he’s getting.

So knew it then, he’d be indispensable for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans