Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gari

Xavi then seems to be a top coach. Luciano Spalletti (Napoli manager): "Xavi is better than me. I'm realistic? he won. But no, this defeat does not make me a worse manager. The details and intricacies of the match were crucial."

behindbrowneyes

We've got more than enough quality in this squad to win the EL and finish top 4. I mean even when we were disastrous we were well in the mix for top 4.

Hard to win EL with a flycatcher between the goalposts.

Xavi said it correctly yesterday. Victory is hugely important (such victories boost self-confidence and belief in the system/philosophy), but there isn't won anything yet. Barca are only in the EL round of 16. Need to keep both feet on the ground and keep working hard!
Time to put the focus back on the league and on Sunday the next tough opponent awaits Barca in San Mames. The recovery time is relatively short again, hence the motto: regenerate, gain momentum and crown this great week with a win on Sunday!

The trend is right. The team is gaining more and more self-confidence, the competition is fierce (and drives the players against each other), the team is much fitter (and suddenly fewer players are getting injured), but the situation remains tense. There isn't achieved anything yet.

Last but not least: Xavi deserves the praise, but let's not forget that this wouldn't be possible without Alemany's great work. He brought Xavi a whole new, more than decent new forward line in the winter market. The difference in quality could be seen on the pitch right away. Barca has won on the transfer market! No other team has gained so much in the traditionally difficult winter market. And all that under very difficult conditions of the financially severe situation, especially due to the restrictive salary cap. Total masterpiece Mateu!

serghei

Hard to win EL with a flycatcher between the goalposts.

Xavi said it correctly yesterday. Victory is hugely important (such victories boost self-confidence and belief in the system/philosophy), but there isn't won anything yet. Barca are only in the EL round of 16. Need to keep both feet on the ground and keep working hard!
Time to put the focus back on the league and on Sunday the next tough opponent awaits Barca in San Mames. The recovery time is relatively short again, hence the motto: regenerate, gain momentum and crown this great week with a win on Sunday!

The trend is right. The team is gaining more and more self-confidence, the competition is fierce (and drives the players against each other), the team is much fitter (and suddenly fewer players are getting injured), but the situation remains tense. There isn't achieved anything yet.

Last but not least: Xavi deserves the praise, but let's not forget that this wouldn't be possible without Alemany's great work. He brought Xavi a whole new, more than decent new forward line in the winter market. The difference in quality could be seen on the pitch right away. Barca has won on the transfer market! No other team has gained so much in the traditionally difficult winter market. And all that under very difficult conditions of the financially severe situation, especially due to the restrictive salary cap. Total masterpiece Mateu!

Word. Now it's not the time to get complacent, since for normal Barca standards the objectives are winning the league and competing for CL. Both of which were gone very fast into the season, for various reasons.

If we start to play like shit, with some boring, slow football again, the signs would be very bad.

The only ones playing like crap atm from the main players are Stegen and Garcia. Everybody else has upped their level. We need to monitor these players constantly, because if you consistently play like crap, it is a clear sign you're not up to the task and need to be moved on.

If Xavi is to become a great manager, he can talk what he wants in the media. But if some players aren't improving, they need to go and be replaced. Without any discussions.

Last edited:

JohnN

We also had a good spell last season but that was mostly Messi and a couple of others being on top form. This time we seem to gradually get better with each game and everyone seem to be improving on the same pace. Let's hope it continues, cause I am finally enjoying our games and the guys give us a reason to support them again.

Kul_z

I love his approach by praising players. Huge confidence boost for all of them, makes you wanna give that extra bit to be the player in spotlight. Good job mister

Gnidrologist

Yeah, i think he's just being a good leader here. There's no benefit in scolding your own team in front of press. Ever. Doesn't mean he isn't blasting them while coaching, including during the matches.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, i think he's just being a good leader here. There's no benefit in scolding your own team in front of press. Ever. Doesn't mean he isn't blasting them while coaching, including during the matches.

Yeah. Reasons some managers lose the players is because their air dirty laundry publicly. Keep it in house.

Mourinho the most notable example of this.

iniestaGOAT

No he's just being honest. At the start he said team sucked and they didn't know the basics.

But last few games whole team has been incredible so not much else to say.

Except ter clown

ajnotkeith

I doubted at the start. But man, he is even getting a tune out of Luuk De Jong who scores every time he enters the pitch under Xavi.

The confidence Xavi has given the squad and the way he knows how to manage them, playing time, praise, criticism, tactics, it's amazing.

serghei

It's impressive how good De Jong is playing right now. Like seriously... he plays like De Bruyne now.

Also, we scored 2 goals with Pedri - De Jong - Nico midfield.

Catta

Xavi is probably enjoying passing on his knowledge to Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi and Nico. The perfect man for this generation of midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans