Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Makes what Galatasaray did even more shocking.

Remember when Rubin Kazan gave us hell? A good parked bus with the right intensity is tough to break, especially if you come off slower than usual. The Turks came to war in that match and we caught an off night.

Same with Madrid tonight. They are a lot better than this 0-4 shows.

JamDav1982

All four goals were things of beauty and all from elements of game that have been missing for too long.

The passing and dominating of ball int enough on its own it has to be used to open up more space for crosses/breaks/pace in behind.

For years not had that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Makes what Galatasaray did even more shocking.

They parked the bus and in some games you have to disregard the league position they're in.

Galatasaray are a much better than than their midtable position suggest. European games a different animal in terms of intensity and effort too for these teams.

We put four past Napoli who are in the fight for the Serie A title.

ajnotkeith

Remember when Rubin Kazan gave us hell? A good parked bus with the right intensity is tough to break, especially if you come off slower than usual. The Turks came to war in that match and we caught an off night.

Same with Madrid tonight. They are a lot better than this 0-4 shows.

I feel that Madrid got used to us being a joke and easy to beat. Even down to the formation, Modric false 9? Trying something like that against a good opponent shows a lack of respect.

I agree with what you said. They just were shocked by our current level.

ajnotkeith

They parked the bus and in some games you have to disregard the league position they're in.

Galatasaray are a much better than than their midtable position suggest. European games a different animal in terms of intensity and effort too for these teams.

We put four past Napoli who are in the fight for the Serie A title.

I think in a tactical sense they prepared for us much better than some teams recently. For example you could see they were clearly playing Adama outside and letting him cross knowing it wasn't producing much.

serghei

I feel that Madrid got used to us being a joke and easy to beat. Even down to the formation, Modric false 9? Trying something like that against a good opponent shows a lack of respect.

I agree with what you said. They just were shocked by our current level.

Madrid narrowly won against us lately and in many of those wins, they were lucky as we dominated. The problem with Madrid is that sometimes Barca comes in angry and focused, and in these moments we can be hard to deal with because in terms of football philosophy we simply play a better brand of football than they do.

jamrock

I don't think their has been many games even when we lose that Madrid have beaten is badly so I doubt they take us for a joke.

They are use to us having a pretty soft chin though.

Porque

All four goals were things of beauty and all from elements of game that have been missing for too long.

The passing and dominating of ball int enough on its own it has to be used to open up more space for crosses/breaks/pace in behind.

For years not had that.

The way we hit Madrid with the directness and sometimes long balls reminded me of the 2-6 Clasico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans