Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Fkn hell Xavi

Frenkie de Jong is on Barcelona's transfer list. His replacement would be Carlos Soler. The club already has an agreement with Soler.

? @diarioas

Horatio

You're welcome
I give up. I will stick with Xavi and accept the decisions as they pan out for now. No point in getting worked up. Tired of that. Just pray Xavi knows what he is doing and club turns things around in near future.

Last edited:

Porque

Carlos Soler is actually solid. Getting underrated a bit being in a poor Valencia team.

The only thing I question is why you would want to go from a player who plays double the passes per match with 92% pass success rate (FdJ), to half the amount of passes and a 74% pass success rate.

And that's not just on Valencia as for Spain Soler's pass success only jumps to 84.5% in a tiki taka team.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

If FdJ is sold it should be to get another quality player. There are only so many B level players you can carry and that's probably what Soler is.

Temptation

Carlos Soler is actually solid. Getting underrated a bit being in a poor Valencia team.

The only thing I question is why you would want to go from a player who plays double the passes per match with 92% pass success rate (FdJ), to half the amount of passes and a 74% pass success rate.

And that's not just on Valencia as for Spain Soler's pass success only jumps to 84.5% in a tiki taka team.

He's like at squad player levdl for big clubs. Him(or Kessie) as a Frenkie Replacement is baffling.

Porque

He's like at squad player levdl for big clubs. Him(or Kessie) as a Frenkie Replacement is baffling.

He can definitely go up a level. But his profile is completely out of sync with what you would expect a Xavi midfield to be, unless Xavi wants a Paulinho.

Either way it is as AJ said, Soler is an alternative option with Frenkie sold, who's funds would be used for a top player in either attack or defence. Now the question is, with Xavi would those players be actual top players or a Morata or Pau Torres who he sees as a top player?

Temptation

He can definitely go up a level. But his profile is completely out of sync with what you would expect a Xavi midfield to be, unless Xavi wants a Paulinho.

Either way it is as AJ said, Soler is an alternative option with Frenkie sold, who's funds would be used for a top player in either attack or defence. Now the question is, with Xavi would those players be actual top players or a Morata or Pau Torres who he sees as a top player?

I thought Pau Torres was a signing people would love....not worth the hype?? Thought he was around Kounde level

Porque

Xavi Hern?ndez , Bar?a coach , was asked at the press conference prior to the duel against Betis about Real Madrid 's spectacular comeback against Manchester City in the Champions League semi-finals and the player from Egar is clear that this type of feat would be more complicated in the azulgrana club for the style of play.

"It would cost us more, because we have a different style. At Anoeta it was difficult for us and we got the game, at Villarreal the feeling was of a draw and they won. Madrid has that thing that when you forgive it they go back. that positive dynamic. It's their DNA. Football has these things, the one who deserves it doesn't always win", said Xavi , who wanted to give value to Bar?a's model since they have also won important titles.

"It would take us years to win otherwise. What I am clear about is that playing with this game model, five Champions have been achieved, many League titles and world recognition. They remember the Bar?a of Guardiola and Messi. They remember how played. For me it's crucial. I have no doubts. This is the way. At Bar?a there is no other. We still take longer than normal and we have to be patient. History tells us. We have to compete there and the fans cul? feels more proud", assured Xavi .

The Bar?a coach also recognized that it is logical that the Bar?a fans are going through a complicated season due to the possibility of a white double and the lack of titles for the Catalans this season.

"Surely it affects many cul?s. We are antagonists and it is a reality. In November they told me that the main objective was to enter the Champions League. We are in these circumstances. I came with the illusion of winning titles and it has not been possible. Doing a overall assessment, the team has improved a lot but we haven't been able to compete for titles. Bar?a has to fight for titles", said Xavi , who wants to win against Betis to seal qualification for the Champions League.

Last edited:

serghei

I see no problem personally with any of that. Pretty much spot on. Barca is not defined by win at any cost and never give up mentality. At times it's bad, but in good times, fans cherish this unique playing style that we have.

We are different compared to Madrid. We'll never win as much as they do, they will never create a team as unique and artful as Pep's Barca. Wether fans will trade one for the other, that's open for discussion.

Fans generally want everything. Barca fans would like our great teams to be like Pep's Barca and basically slap the shit out of opponents, and our less than great sides to show Madrid-type mentality and win CL against all odds knocking out superior sides on the way.

Last edited:

Messigician

I see no problem personally with any of that. Pretty much spot on. Barca is not defined by win at any cost and never give up mentality. At times it's bad, but in good times, fans cherish this unique playing style that we have.

We are different compared to Madrid. We'll never win as much as they do, they will never create a team as unique and artful as Pep's Barca. Wether fans will trade one for the other, that's open for discussion.

Fans generally want everything. Barca fans would like our great teams to be like Pep's Barca and basically slap the shit out of opponents, and our less than great sides to show Madrid-type mentality and win CL against all odds knocking out superior sides on the way.

Not up for discussion

I'll take 3 UCL in a row over Pep's haramball

serghei

Not up for discussion

I'll take 3 UCL in a row over Pep's haramball

Good for you.

I'll take the Barca team that won everything, dominating almost every rival ever faced inside those years, and winning basically 2 Euros and a World Cup on the trot. Even without Messi.

serghei

So now Barca is taking credit for Spain lmfao

Of course. That Spain side was basically Barca + some inferior players like Arbeloa, Capdevilla, Guiza and others. :lol: Just 1-2 top class players from Madrid. But back then Ramos wasn't all that mind you. The backline was Pique + Puyol.

Midfield was Barca trio. The whole skeleton was basically from the Barca model.

Let me guess, you're so clueless that you think it's a mere coincidence Spain happened to win everything exactly at the same time as Barca won everything too :lol:.

Last edited:

Temptation

Xavi Hern?ndez , Bar?a coach , was asked at the press conference prior to the duel against Betis about Real Madrid 's spectacular comeback against Manchester City in the Champions League semi-finals and the player from Egar is clear that this type of feat would be more complicated in the azulgrana club for the style of play.

"It would cost us more, because we have a different style. At Anoeta it was difficult for us and we got the game, at Villarreal the feeling was of a draw and they won. Madrid has that thing that when you forgive it they go back. that positive dynamic. It's their DNA. Football has these things, the one who deserves it doesn't always win", said Xavi , who wanted to give value to Bar?a's model since they have also won important titles.

"It would take us years to win otherwise. What I am clear about is that playing with this game model, five Champions have been achieved, many League titles and world recognition. They remember the Bar?a of Guardiola and Messi. They remember how played. For me it's crucial. I have no doubts. This is the way. At Bar?a there is no other. We still take longer than normal and we have to be patient. History tells us. We have to compete there and the fans cul? feels more proud", assured Xavi .

The Bar?a coach also recognized that it is logical that the Bar?a fans are going through a complicated season due to the possibility of a white double and the lack of titles for the Catalans this season.

"Surely it affects many cul?s. We are antagonists and it is a reality. In November they told me that the main objective was to enter the Champions League. We are in these circumstances. I came with the illusion of winning titles and it has not been possible. Doing a overall assessment, the team has improved a lot but we haven't been able to compete for titles. Bar?a has to fight for titles", said Xavi , who wants to win against Betis to seal qualification for the Champions League.

He's way too stubborn to ever be a top top coach. Pep has his philosophy but isn't like this at all.

He's just buying tine and giving excuses for the near-future in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans