Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He won't get sacked because of his name. Anyother coach would have been thrown out the second Inter wins vs Plzen.

He will get longer than most as board have no idea where to turn next and it makes them look inept to spend 200m+ at expense of next 25 years of club to then admit so much wong already.

Only so long can trot out but club were 9th when he took over and make out qualifying for CL was some genius task.

Needs to be judged on results here and now.

akaranzo

Xavi isn't even the problem guys. We could bring in any manager in the world and the same thing would happen. There is a mental disease in our club, and every youngster, new players, new coach becomes infected with it. We are the club of losers now and it will remain that way for the rest of our lives.

FCMessi

Xavi isn't even the problem guys. We could bring in any manager in the world and the same thing would happen. There is a mental disease in our club, and every youngster, new players, new coach becomes infected with it. We are the club of losers now and it will remain that way for the rest of our lives.

Xavi's boyriend or agent. maybe both

akaranzo

Xavi's boyriend or agent. maybe both

No I don't give a shit about Xavi. If he had any honor in him he would resign right now. But I'm saying, is that the real problem is deep within the club itself and no manager can fully fix it. I genuinely believe we have a bigger chance of being liquidated in the next 10 years than winning a single trophy.

Windhook

Iniesta mentioned it last week. Everyone at the club and fans make a big drama of every bad result.

Last season we beat Real Madrid 0-4 at Bernabeu. Ancelotti should have been beheaded publicly based on your logic if we were Madrid fans. Instead Real Madrid went off to win La Liga and CL.

khaled_a_d

"Xavi: "We weren't bad in the first half, we dominated. We had Madrid in their half. I had the feeling that we had our options, without playing a good game."

A madritista friend of mine pointed out to this.
Xavi simply thought he was controlling the game and had Madrid where they want them to be, when in fact Ancelotti was the one in control, and had Xavi play where he wants.

JamDav1982

Xavi simply thought he was controlling the game and had Madrid where they want them to be, when in fact Ancelotti was the one in control, and had Xavi play where he wants.

Exactly what some of us have already being saying on here today.

akaranzo

Iniesta mentioned it last week. Everyone at the club and fans make a big drama of every bad result.

Last season we beat Real Madrid 0-4 at Bernabeu. Ancelotti should have been beheaded publicly based on your logic if we were Madrid fans. Instead Real Madrid went off to win La Liga and CL.

They were 13 points ahead of us. It didn't matter whatsoever. Sure, they still wouldn't want to lose but it made virtually no difference apart from slight bragging rights. Like I said - it's a mentality thing. When they didn't give a shit because they were so far ahead, we won. But as soon as both teams want the win just as badly, we lose because they are capable of having a winner's mentality and we aren't.

ajnotkeith

Difference is we can't win CL anymore because we couldn't even get past the group stage with Xavi.

kattanib

Xavi the idiot. Playing high and wide.

It is much easier for teams to score from open counters and thus that is what they do.

JamDav1982

Real played open v Barca last year and likes of FDJ/Auba/Torres and Ferran destroyed them.

Today.. Barca still trying to play same way and Ancelotti adapted to it and schooled Xavi without being great overall.

Need much better than that.

El Gato

Villarato!
TBH it's clear they barely bothered to turn up that match so hard to analyze
Modrić at CF, no Mendy (still think we lost like 1 game in 40 with him starting, can't remember the exact stat) and no Benzema with Vini badly out of form

Xavi is easy to criticise here and justly so - faith in Busquets as his captain is what he pays for mostly while finished Pique is on the bench.
Still there's no way passing choices should be what they were and he really needs to repair the relationship with Frenkie if he's set on staying.
Lewa will take them through many matches, but flaws he shows will get exposed repeatedly if he chooses to not reflect

BusiTheKing

I believe we're approaching the end of Xavi's window for establishing a succesful team. It's not really about being fired.

It's about the natural mental fatigue that sets in when things just aren't working. What has kept us going so far has been our mentality. Despite not really gelling, we've looked hungry, proud, confident. Tonight was this season's first sign of that mentality failing. Intensity and spirit was clearly different from both Inter games fx.

Makes sense, too. When things just aren't working, at some point you're going to stop trying. With the spirit dwindling, the task is going to become harder and harder. Even with the right tactical solutions, Xavi might just be too late. It's cruel but it's natural.

JamDav1982

New Xavi deflection today.

Saying the previous result was even worse.

Xavi: "I'm pissed off, but it's only 3 points luckily. The draw on Wednesday was more important."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans