Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

The rumours about Zubimendi persist. Imagine buying Zubimendi for 60 million. We've already bought Ferret and Raphinia for 60 million and they've not exactly set the world on fire.
Replacing one weak DM with another. If you want to play 433 with a single pivot that DM needs to have the pace and physicality for the modern game ESPECIALLY in Europe. You can win liga games with the likes of Busquets and Zubimendi but in Europe you'll get starched. That Xavi can't understand this simple fact is disturbing.

Kul_z

The rumours about Zubimendi persist. Imagine buying Zubimendi for 60 million. We've already bought Ferret and Raphinia for 60 million and they've not exactly set the world on fire.
Replacing one weak DM with another. If you want to play 433 with a single pivot that DM needs to have the pace and physicality for the modern game ESPECIALLY in Europe. You can win liga games with the likes of Busquets and Zubimendi but in Europe you'll get starched. That Xavi can't understand this simple fact is disturbing.

With those transfers he kinda plays a 'pep route' , not star signings but a lot of team quality players so that you can eliminate the weakest link in squad and build a strong cohesive team. While pep does that in city where he can fuck around find out type of signings for 40-60m , xavi dont have that room for mistake. He already splashed 100+m on ferret and raphinha for who i dont need to explain if they are hit or miss. With zubimendi just cant see it that it would click and thats 150-200m down the drain. Resale value laughable. Unless something drastically improves in upcoming months

Andresito

Staff member
This season for club

Minutes / Goals / assists / Minutes per GA

Ferran
751' / 5 / 1 / 125'

Raphinha
865' / 2 / 4 / 144'

Could say both been underwhelming.

Barcilliant

🎙️| Laporta: "We need to win titles and we are lucky to have the best coach in the world." [@FCBtv]

Laporta should have NEVER come back. His legacy was secure. At the end of this second stunt his legacy will be tarnished. The club in general can't seem to accept that they are working in a different football environment altogether.We have no money,other clubs do. Our football style 8s outdated,others have a more contemporary style. Even the smaller clubs. Ffs Eintracht outplayed us and are through to the next round of cl despite selling players. This club is in for a long barren spell if Xavi is in charge for the next two seasons.

delancey

Yeah can see this happening but I don't really care for Europa personally - the first time was interesting but the novelty wore off fast, just win the league and focus on next season.

I'm gonna give it 1 game back before I go in on him again, perhaps he might, slimmest chance, just move on from Busquets.

That would be the absolute best thing he could do. Allow a new generation to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans