Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

Ancelotti is experinced coach, like really experienced.
It is more normal that he will have younger "yes man" as assistants.
Usually younger coaches prefers guys with experience to assist them.
Only time I saw a totally young combination was Pep and Tito, but the later had far better resume than Oscar Hernandez.
Nepotism always plays parts and careers and will always be, I have no problem Xavi wants his brother beside him but would have preferred a more senior assistant and for his brother to take a back seat for it.

IMO Xavi should have had an older more experienced assistant like Rijkaard who worked with Henk Ten Cate. Oscar Hernandez might hold UEFA A license but it's worth zero when you lack any experience.

You'd be amazed about the other assistant coach Sergio Alegre. He's born in the town of Terrassa (same as Xavi and Oscar), assistant to Xavi in Qatar. In his credentials there is also the assistant role from 2002 until 2006 at Barcelona Youth. At least he has UEFA Pro License.

JamDav1982

The hope is that Xavi and his team learn on the job and stop making same mistakes that are costing the club a fortune when need it the most.

Maybe with experience they grow but hard to see when they are so invested in Busquets for example and cant see the glaring problems that come with him.

JamDav1982

Xavi isn t doing well but wouldnt have him sacked yet and still hope can show more progression but if they lose to Man Utd it will be very hard for him even if wins a league when have free run at it and Real still in Europe.

There are pictures from last nights game when Busquets has ball and not a Barca player with in 20 yds a all positioned up the park like cones.

There are 4/5 opposition players spread out between Busi and next Barca player.

It is all too formulaic and easy for teams to stop at times and they wait to hit Barca on break and cant sit in shape and try to defend box and the one CF/goal threat when ball comes in from wide.

FinBarcelonafan

If Xavi loses Vs ManU, he needs to go. His Europe record is already embarrassing. That would be cherry on top.

Unless we perform very very well in LaLiga and other competitions. (And don't lose face Vs ManU, one goal loss or something)

ajnotkeith

If Xavi loses Vs ManU, he needs to go. His Europe record is already embarrassing. That would be cherry on top.

Unless we perform very very well in LaLiga and other competitions. (And don't lose face Vs ManU, one goal loss or something)

Losing LaLiga after being knocked out of both CL and EL immediately would be catastrophic.

Huge advantage to have as Jamdav said have a free run at the league whilst Madrid are still competing in CL and have to rotate/focus on that.

If we manage to screw that up despite it being the only priority then his position is untenable.

FinBarcelonafan

Losing LaLiga after being knocked out of both CL and EL immediately would be catastrophic.

Huge advantage to have as Jamdav said have a free run at the league whilst Madrid are still competing in CL and have to rotate/focus on that.

If we manage to screw that up despite it being the only priority then his position is untenable.

Exactly.

One trophy and hopefully it's not Super Copa because that wouldn't be enough.

LaLiga or EL is enough for him to continue. Obviously.

Copa is meh, if you fuck up everything else.

Porque

After this game let's see how we perform in the SuperCopa next week. Each time we played well but lose in the Semi.

Need to show some KO backbone.

L3v1s

I don't know, I'm not a big fan of nepotism. Besides that, he hasn't proven anything as a coach so how is his brother going to help? And I used to believe that it's only common in other places:lol:

At best, Oscar Hernandez is a poor man's Xavi, in that he knows how he thinks and everything he would do in certain scenario. But how is that gonna help him if he doesn't bring anything new to the table?

Mes que un club, club de amigos:koeman2:

Barcilliant

The hope is that Xavi and his team learn on the job and stop making same mistakes that are costing the club a fortune when need it the most.

Maybe with experience they grow but hard to see when they are so invested in Busquets for example and cant see the glaring problems that come with him.

Since when have we become a club where coaches learn on the job?
We are a big club who needs a top manager, not some scrub from Al Saad. Xavi being a club legend doesn't mean shit because he hadn't coached anyone decent in Europe. Ffs if he had been assistant to Valverde or Koeman I would have given him the benefit of the doubt. He's just another Lampard and Pirlo. No doubt he will meet the same fate as the other two.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
If Xavi himself doesn't have the credentials to be head coach here, why is it so surprising his assistants are also underqualified?

This guy needs to be sacked, but we will probably wait until another embarrasmemt before that is even considered...

Total-Football

I was listening to local sports radio . They talked about the stuff of walid reguragui (moroccan national team manager). Turned out they recruited a data analyst who worked with the belgium national team who came third last world cup and some other British analyst who used to work with Klopp.

That's the moroccan national team , a team with limited resources from Africa. Meanwhile some guy here recruits his family.

FinBarcelonafan

I was listening to local sports radio . They talked about the stuff of walid reguragui (moroccan national team manager). Turned out they recruited a data analyst who worked with the belgium national team who came third last world cup and some other British analyst who used to work with Klopp.

That's the moroccan national team , a team with limited resources from Africa. Meanwhile some guy here recruits his family.

Very smart from Morocco. That's how you do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans