Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

ffs why did we draw Man U.

Why not? Have to face a team like that if you want to win a trophy.

Let's see if Xavi really turned it around or the performance against RM is a clone of what happened last season and we end the season with nothing. Way better placed now though.

mc_lovin

So, who are the 6 or 7 clubs you would trade squads with [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]?

I feel we are on the verge of something special while most other top teams are declining. Just need that one damn rightback and a true difference maker in attack (both hard to find).

Horatio

You're welcome
Why not? Have to face a team like that if you want to win a trophy.

Let's see if Xavi really turned it around or the performance against RM is a clone of what happened last season and we end the season with nothing. Way better placed now though.

There is a difference between getting knocked out first round of finals and the final.

Barcilliant

So, who are the 6 or 7 clubs you would trade squads with [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]?

I feel we are on the verge of something special while most other top teams are declining. Just need that one damn rightback and a true difference maker in attack (both hard to find).

Something special? Come on, you are getting carried away here. We beat Madrid 4 0 last season and we've still been inconsistent. In Europe we've been farcical, struggling to cope with the pace and intensity. We were good but Madrid didn't show up and their midfield is looking OLD now, especially without Casemiro.
We need a proper DM, RB and a gifted forward. Thats a minimum of three positions there. With the club being broke, getting quality in will be tough. The jury is still out on Xavi too. People are getting carried away just like before.

Givenchy

There is a difference between getting knocked out first round of finals and the final.

United tie is probably 50/50, not sure why cules are scared of them though. Purple patch + Rashford on fire but other than that.. Antony and Martial hardly strike fear into opposition, Araujo will eat them alive. They also miss Lisandro for the first leg. Europa league, will be a tie to enjoy, if we lose, focus on La Liga which is the #1 goal anyway not really the end of the world.

Beat United and then give us Arsenal please.

ajnotkeith

Something special? Come on, you are getting carried away here. We beat Madrid 4 0 last season and we've still been inconsistent. In Europe we've been farcical, struggling to cope with the pace and intensity. We were good but Madrid didn't show up and their midfield is looking OLD now, especially without Casemiro.
We need a proper DM, RB and a gifted forward. Thats a minimum of three positions there. With the club being broke, getting quality in will be tough. The jury is still out on Xavi too. People are getting carried away just like before.

Don't agree, I think our squad on balance is probably the best in the world considering future prospects as well as current level.

Our current 11 + bench puts us firmly with the top squads in the world, but further, the majority of the core is young and have very long careers ahead of them. Managed right, it could be a big revolution and keep us at the top for years to come regardless of if big investment comes in. The quality is there already and we have great players on the bench too who can develop and come into the fray for starting roles, like Fati, Raphinha, Kessie etc.

We have impending holes at FB/ST/DM but in truth the only one that can't be worked around is fullback, where we probably need to sign a great one. There is alternatives already there for midfield and we have been testing schemes like this 3223 business that allow us to play without a fixed DM/single pivot. Lewa should hold for a year or two more at striker, we either bring someone in or hope Fati develops to fill it.

ajnotkeith

United tie is probably 50/50, not sure why cules are scared of them though. Purple patch + Rashford on fire but other than that.. Antony and Martial hardly strike fear into opposition, Araujo will eat them alive. They also miss Lisandro for the first leg. Europa league, will be a tie to enjoy, if we lose, focus on La Liga which is the #1 goal anyway not really the end of the world.

Beat United and then give us Arsenal please.

United in recent years have a terrible record against Spanish teams, even historically also. Actually lost to Sociedad in groups of EL this season, lost a EL final recently to Villarreal, lost to Sevilla a few years back etc. Their playstyle might be a poor match and it could be an easier game than some are foreseeing provided Xavi gets the same motivation from the boys as we see in these Clasicos.

Bobo32

United in recent years have a terrible record against Spanish teams, even historically also. Actually lost to Sociedad in groups of EL this season, lost a EL final recently to Villarreal, lost to Sevilla a few years back etc. Their playstyle might be a poor match and it could be an easier game than some are foreseeing provided Xavi gets the same motivation from the boys as we see in these Clasicos.

I wonder if this dutch-led United goes by the same rules as yesteryears United? I remember these Athletic games, where they toyed with United like the (cliche perhaps but w.e.) matador with the bull. But now, I don't think the styles and approaches are that different.

I would agree that Barcelonas squad is in contention for best in the world, but Kessie? He is seen as a future prospect? Whew!

malvolio

Don't agree, I think our squad on balance is probably the best in the world considering future prospects as well as current level.

Our current 11 + bench puts us firmly with the top squads in the world, but further, the majority of the core is young and have very long careers ahead of them. Managed right, it could be a big revolution and keep us at the top for years to come regardless of if big investment comes in. The quality is there already and we have great players on the bench too who can develop and come into the fray for starting roles, like Fati, Raphinha, Kessie etc.

We have impending holes at FB/ST/DM but in truth the only one that can't be worked around is fullback, where we probably need to sign a great one. There is alternatives already there for midfield and we have been testing schemes like this 3223 business that allow us to play without a fixed DM/single pivot. Lewa should hold for a year or two more at striker, we either bring someone in or hope Fati develops to fill it.

Best squad in the world! Best squad in the world that can't get past a CL group. Our attack is toothless and we concede lots of chances against any team.

Naming Kessie as one of the great players who can come off the bench was the cherry on top :lol:

Iniesta Ultra

Don't think would've been 3-1 if Tchouameni weren't injured, think worst showing by Camavinga I've seen. The goals we scored weren't from high level midfield play which Gavi isn't capable of. Match reminds me of last year when Pique said "we're back."

iniestaGOAT

Don't think would've been 3-1 if Tchouameni weren't injured, think worst showing by Camavinga I've seen. The goals we scored weren't from high level midfield play which Gavi isn't capable of. Match reminds me of last year when Pique said "we're back."

Madrid are just an easy team to play against. They have been an old team since forever

vegitot

Xavi will win Liga for sure. He is doing very well in the league and other competitors are pretty shit.

More attention on Europa league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans