Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

And he chose to not solidify that defense by using both Busi and FDJ, but Busi alone. This was an inexcusable choice that directly led to our elimination.
For the current game, we missed 3 of our best players and most of our guys weren't sharp enough. I would cut him some slack for this game.

But the record is getting really bad, has to be said.

I agree with you on this. It's an away game against one of the best sides in Europe right now. A narrow defeat isn't much. And especially when you add in who was missing which effects our game alot.

Got it completely wrong in the first game though and even had the nerve to cite rotations as the reason for it. As if there wasn't a Cadiz home game after to rotate.

Maybe we still go out as when top sides play against eachother in KO, it will always come down to margins if both are performing. Which all in all Id say happened in these games.

But also you can see that there is a difference in current level between ETH and Xavi. Xavi can sometimes setup correctly, but struggles to react in-game correctly to the opponents improvements.

delancey

I am sure that if we had gotten demoted to the conference league, we would have gotten knocked out there too under Xavi. He should really have focused on gaining more experience before taking over at Barca.

Total-Football

Is it just me or barcelona is the only "big" team in the world that gives the ball to the keeper (to build) every 20 seconds .. building from Steven now is just euphemism for we don't know how to play football anymore so we just give it to Stegen all the time for a long pass.. it's mind boggling the amount of times the ball is in midfield and at the slightest quasi pressing the (midfielders ) turn their back to the defense to pass it to stege who casually waits (drags on) two player before attempting to break the defense with a long through ball. Is this a respectable way to play football ! Is this what barca has come to. I'm speechless.

JohnN

Ofcourse ETH is way ahead Xavi. Xavi has potential for me, but maybe he is too stubborn. Sometimes that is a good thing. I can't understand how such a smart player tactical won't turn out a good coach

jamrock

I agree with you on this. It's an away game against one of the best sides in Europe right now. A narrow defeat isn't much. And especially when you add in who was missing which effects our game alot.

Got it completely wrong in the first game though and even had the nerve to cite rotations as the reason for it. As if there wasn't a Cadiz home game after to rotate.

Maybe we still go out as when top sides play against eachother in KO, it will always come down to margins if both are performing. Which all in all Id say happened in these games.

But also you can see that there is a difference in current level between ETH and Xavi. Xavi can sometimes setup correctly, but struggles to react in-game correctly to the opponents improvements.

I'd agree with all of this.

Xavi is definitely a Jr to ETH and it shows

JamDav1982

Every time Barca struggle Xavi moans about 'intensity'.

Yet he is the one that signed Kessie, thinks Busi is best DM in world, signs and 34 year old Lewa and plays Sergi Roberto off him.

Usual.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Big disappointment. Barca is not a place to make mistakes after mistakes. I know we will forget about it if we continue good La Liga run but to exit CL in group stages and then EL first round is a big failure.

ajnotkeith

Every time Barca struggle Xavi moans about 'intensity'.

Yet he is the one that signed Kessie, thinks Busi is best DM in world, signs and 34 year old Lewa and plays Sergi Roberto off him.

Usual.

I don't think Barca really suffered from low intensity though. Our intensity was fine over the two legs and had moments where they were really struggling with our press.

Just seems like a deflection or misrecognition of the real issue which is the poor tactics.

ajnotkeith

The first 11 is good enough to beat United.

The problem is the squad is very short, so when injuries happen, the team gets a lot worse.

And so it happened that injuries hit vs Inter and Bayern in CL, and now vs United in EL. It is what it is. :lol:

But despite these injuries, the tie was competitive and decided by fine margins in the end.
Before Xavi, the dozens of players in the injury room couldn't be used as an excuse and was all the manager's fault for poor physical preparation.

A couple players out in today's Barca is instantly a unquestionable excuse for losing over and over in Europe.

serghei

Before Xavi, the dozens of players in the injury room couldn't be used as an excuse and was all the manager's fault for poor physical preparation.

A couple players out in today's Barca is instantly a unquestionable excuse for losing over and over in Europe.

Duh, it's logical for injuries to be more costly when you have a thin squad. Logic 101 this.

Birdy

Ofcourse ETH is way ahead Xavi. Xavi has potential for me, but maybe he is too stubborn. Sometimes that is a good thing. I can't understand how such a smart player tactical won't turn out a good coach

LOl
I swear to God, being a member of this forum either takes one to have the memory of a jelly fish, or to be a real hypocrite/cunt (non referring to you personally John)

Last autumn that the topic 'new coach' was being discussed here, ONLY 4-5 of us were in favor of ETH, and were VERY CLEAR about it that ETH >>>> apprentice named Xavi. The others were like 'only Xavi can save us', 'the best Barca md of all time only knows how to coach', 'Barca DNA' blah blah blah

Even before a couple of months we were reading claims like "ETH is average" from the usual suspects.
Now it has become 'of course' ETH is better than Xavi, and apparently everyone here wanted him ahead of Xavi :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans