Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairzinho

Every team has injuries. Why should Xavi get special dispensation?

The injuries talk is a weak excuse. Maybe it would be valid if this were a one off but it isn't. There's a clear pattern with us getting dusted in Europe under
Xavi. His European record is atrocious. Only 4 wins in 16 matches iirc. That's not good enough.

Morten

Then you didn't watch teams like PSG, or City much. Let's not even mention Liverpool :lol:.

You got injuries often in your backline as well if I recall well.

Being better than Liverpool defensively doesn't say much, but i really mean it though, like, we can have the ball most of the time but even then we dont really control games, you guys are made for that type of slow, dull game.

To sum it up, we are shit defensively, we should definitely have conceded more, but so should you.

serghei

Being better than Liverpool defensively doesn't say much, but i really mean it though, like, we can have the ball most of the time but even then we dont really control games, you guys are made for that type of slow, dull game.

To sum it up, we are shit defensively, we should definitely have conceded more, but so should you.

We slow down games and fear pace and intensity. You are the opposite, you don't do well in a slowed down technical game (hence why Barca are a bad match-up for you), but when met with fire (in terms of pace and intensity), you respond with a flametorch. Hence why you are one great elite counterpuncher.

That's wny Madrid has it easy vs EPL teams. They just didn't figure out yet that the best way to beat Madrid is not to go gung-ho at them. That's playing right into their hands.

Madrid vs United today, would've ruined them imo. 3-4 goals on the counter easily.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

The injuries talk is a weak excuse. Maybe it would be valid if this were a one off but it isn't. There's a clear pattern with us getting dusted in Europe under
Xavi. His European record is atrocious. Only 4 wins in 16 matches iirc. That's not good enough.

Exactly. 4 wins. Two against Plzen.

Yet, people insist it's not his fault. 16 matches is enough of a sample size to know this man should be nowhere near this job.
Laporta should have told this fool to prove himself at Barca B before hiring him.

Morten

We slow down games and fear pace and intensity. You are the opposite, you don't do well in a slowed down technical game (hence why Barca are a bad match-up for you), but when met with fire (in terms of pace and intensity), you respond with a flametorch. Hence why you are one great elite counterpuncher.

That's wny Madrid has it easy vs EPL teams. They just didn't figure out yet that the best way to beat Madrid is not to go gung-ho at them. That's playing right into their hands.

Madrid vs United today, would've ruined them imo. 3-4 goals on the counter easily.

Not so much the first half, but the 2nd half looked like our type of game, yeah.

Anyway, CDR coming up in a couple of weeks, hopefully we can take you out of the comfort zone, we are not going to win if its played at your pace, for sure.

serghei

Not so much the first half, but the 2nd half looked like our type of game, yeah.

Anyway, CDR coming up in a couple of weeks, hopefully we can take you out of the comfort zone, we are not going to win if its played at your pace, for sure.

The problem with Madrid, and their elite counterpuncher status, is that they respond far better than they initiate. You guys are a reactive team, so when we do our slow technical game, there's not much to react to.

You have to press the pedal yourself, and I've rarely seen Madrid do that. Your positional game always was pedestrian imo.

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

Regardless of what happened today, I think he is going to be the manager for next season as well so hoping he learns something from his first full season in charge just in terms of what his vision should be and better identifying players in the transfer market.

The noose is going to be pretty tight around Xavier's neck next season.

serghei

Our only hope for the offense, is a) striking some majorly impressive free agents, or b) finding hidden gems like Kvaratskhelia guy. Unbelievable how this guy cost Napoli 12m.

Expensive buys like the EPL teams are doing are off the table for us.

FinBarcelonafan

🚨🚨| Tonight's defeat will not affect the dressing room. FC Barcelona's priority this season is:

? Win the League.
? Knock Real Madrid out of the Copa Del Rey.
? Win the Copa Del Rey.
@fansjavimiguel [🎖️]

Shit like this makes me shake my head.

You lose out from the biggest competitions in Europe and it's all good. What a stupid thing to say. We should be aiming to win these EL/CL instead of fucking Copas of the world.

This mentality needs to go. Losing on Europe is not acceptable. Heads needs to drop, if they keep playing shit. We need new levels of standard. No more of this "it's okay we still have Copa".

We are not even close to winning anything in Europe, so we better start trying harder..

serghei

Europa League is not a big competition for us. United tie was great opportunity to see us at full strenght vs a comparable in form team, a team we could very well face next season in CL knockouts. But when injuries happened, the test was not very relevant.

If we get our players back for Madrid semifinal in Copa del Rey, especially Dembele and Pedri, that is gonna be the best occasion to see our current level at full strenght. I wouldn't call Arabian Supercup a very relevant test either.

ajnotkeith

🚨🚨| Tonight's defeat will not affect the dressing room. FC Barcelona's priority this season is:

? Win the League.
? Win the Copa Del Rey.
@fansjavimiguel [🎖️]

You lose out from the biggest competitions in Europe and it's all good. What a stupid thing to say. We should be aiming to win these EL/CL instead of fucking Copas of the world.

This mentality needs to go. Losing on Europe is not acceptable. Heads needs to drop, if they keep playing shit. We need new levels of standard. No more of this "it's okay we still have Copa".

We are not even close to winning anything in Europe, so we better start trying harder..
We have to accept that clearly Xavi and the board don't seem to think competing in Europe, against the best, is important for the club anymore.

We will keep seeing this over and over as Xavi is happy to 'try again next season' and just happy about how we managed to keep the scoreline close.

The problem is, he can keep accepting defeats in these cup competitions, but if things go wrong in Liga, we will be left with no trophies.

Barcilliant

? Win the League.
? Win the Copa Del Rey.
@fansjavimiguel [🎖️]

I feel the same way but this forum thinks the league is the holy grail and we have gone from cl humiliations to el humiliations.

We are sinking even further but majority of people are satisfied with our current situation.

Absolutely mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans