Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Only compettion both teams were in ETH schooled Xavi and went further.

That is only fair comparison there is this season.

Cant judge them on competitions not in.
Yes, that's what logic means. Winners > 2nd place.
Haha no that is terrible logic when in different competitions.

In the one competition both in ETH schooled Xavi and progressed.

ajnotkeith

Such a terrible post.

Ten Hag is a promising manager who has to prove his worth at his 1st big club. Not much different than Xavi.

You trash Antony signing, and yet Ten Hag brought him. :lol:

This season, top 4 is relatively OK for Ten Hag despite some historical humiliations like 0-7 vs Liverpool, because it's his first season. But next season if he doesn't challenge for the league, that's really bad.

Other than that, a lot of "would've", "could've" hypotheticals there. Let me guess, you're one of those clueless posters that think Real Madrid is a scrub team that just happens to beat teams in CL out of pure luck.
It's not easy to compete against several very well funded and well managed projects like Arsenal or City or Newcastle or even teams like Chelsea who are mid table over there. There are many other teams investing and angling heavily for top4 also and getting that itself is a success.

Unlike LaLiga where it has been a duopoly for basically its entire existence, let alone now, where no teams other than Barca and Madrid can spend a penny.

Challenging for the title in Spain is granted - so much so that finishing 2nd here for Madrid and Barca is a sackable offense. Finishing outside top4 is literally impossible.

Givenchy

Such a terrible post.

Ten Hag is a promising manager who has to prove his worth at his 1st big club. Not much different than Xavi.

You trash Antony signing, and yet Ten Hag brought him. :lol:

This season, top 4 is relatively OK for Ten Hag despite some historical humiliations like 0-7 vs Liverpool, because it's his first season. But next season if he doesn't challenge for the league, that's really bad.

Other than that, a lot of "would've", "could've" hypotheticals there. Let me guess, you're one of those clueless posters that think Real Madrid is a scrub team that just happens to beat teams in CL out of pure luck.
Not much different than Xavi? :lol: ten Hag managed Ajax before United, who did Xavi manage? Al Saad in the Qatari league. What nonsense. Ajax aren't a big club now?

Antony is a terrible signing for how much he cost and that is one of the question marks I have with ten Hag, however Martinez at CB has been a hit and I can see improvements in the likes of Rashford who was terrible the season before, even Fred has improved. A good manager gets the best out of his squad and Xavi doesn't do that.

Top 4 in the PL is a lot tougher than 1 horse race La Liga. This Barca under Xavi would be midtable in that league as PL strikers don't tend to shit their pants over and over again like in La Liga.

You guessed wrong, Madrid aren't a scrub team, they have got lucky at times but mostly Benzema is clutch and they have the best winning mentality in football when it comes to CL. La Liga obviously doesn't make them hard.

JamDav1982

Only compettion both teams were in ETH schooled Xavi and went further.

That is only fair comparison there is this season.

Cant judge them on competitions not in.
Haha no that is terrible logic when in different competitions.

In the one competition both in ETH schooled Xavi and progressed.

Usual Serghie thinking Xavi been better coach than Arteta if Arenal fail to win league.

Suits you.

ajnotkeith

Yeah so I guess the guy managing the team top of my local Sunday league is just as good as Xavi then since both first place.

Anyway, painting out ETH to be this mediocre manager just reflects worse on Xavi for going out against him with a better squad.

serghei

Yeah so I guess the guy managing the team top of my local Sunday league is just as good as Xavi then since both first place.

Anyway, painting out ETH to be this mediocre manager just reflects worse on Xavi for going out against him with a better squad.

Yes, if your local Sunday league also has the current CL winner in it.

:facepalm:

This fucking forum... Madrid are scrubs. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen written on a football forum ever.

JamDav1982

This fucking forum... Madrid are scrubs. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen written on a football forum ever.

Are Barca better than Madrid this season?

You are the one who called them 'shit' in league this season a few weeks back when using your usual mental gymnastics.

What does it mean if Barca win league v a Real that get put out the CL by first top side they meet?

ajnotkeith

You play Madrid 2 times out of 40.

Most games in Spain are against fodder teams with negative net spend who come out playing for 0-0 every game.

It's not as competitive as the Prem and I'm not sure even the most ardent Xavi backers on the forum think LL is comparable to Prem.

serghei

These questions have been asked and answered many times before. The situations with our thin squad, the injuries, it's all been explained plenty of times before. All the circumstances regarding the premature CL exit.

JamDav1982

Barca may win a league that had one tw
These questions have been asked and answered many times before. The situations with our thin squad, the injuries, it's all been explained plenty of times before. All the circumstances regarding the premature CL exit.
Nope

Never been asked who is better this season..

Who is it Barca or Real?

Prematue exit was heavily on Xavi.

Too many poor decisions and same in EL.

Just as was in EL last year.

Barca win... Xavi overcomes the secomnd best team in Europe even with injuries.
Barca lose... poor Xavi cant cope with injuries to get better of poorer sides than Real in Europe.

Serghies rules.

Just like Dembele and Pedri were 'over rated' and only those with an 'agenda' thought Barca favs to progress v Man Ud...then Barca go out and blames injuries to Pedri/Dembele etc.

Never ending.

ajnotkeith

If people on here were so desperate to dog Xavi they would be agreeing with Serghei and talking about how terrible ETH is as just makes him look worse for losing to him.

But we're not. Ironically the shoe is on the other foot.

JamDav1982

If people on here were so desperate to dog Xavi they would be agreeing with Serghei and talking about how terrible ETH is as just makes him look worse for losing to him.

But we're not. Ironically the shoe is on the other foot.

Serghie wanted ETH as Barca coach.

Was quick enough to go back to that point when thought Xavi not doing well. Then flipped back again.

jamrock

Really gotta chill off this coach/player X is better than Y if they beat them in a knock out competition, because if we take that to it's furthest logical conclusion, everyone will be left with cake on there faces.

Every single person here has jumped the gun on K.O game at some point or another, to highlight how good or poor someone is or isn't.

K.O games capture a moment in time, a few details go differently & Madrid don't have 14 CL, Chelsea only have 1 maybe 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans