Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Que

You have no complaints, this season we made it out the group stage bro.

That's your be all & end all, that you called a few of us out, that's didn't go so well 😂😂.

What? Now the shit league that wasn't valuable, is super important and valuable?
League can be valuable but if you want to give credit for doing well there you also have to criticise when done poorly.

ajnotkeith

To be honest these wins mean nothing and I don't think these lucky 1-0s were ever part of his plan at all.

I think it is something he stumbled across and kind of went with. It works in the league because the quality of attackers in Spain is dirt poor right now so playing dull defensive games can work.

But man, it has a ceiling. We will never win a title like last season again or ever compete for the CL with that structure.

jamrock

League can be valuable but if you want to give credit for doing well there you also have to criticise when done poorly.
Yep I can.

A large portion of Barca forum cannot.

Because when we were doing well and wining it, the league was shit and farmers league.

Now things are looking iffy, league is highly important.

I didn't see yesterday's came, wish is why I have offered zero comment on anything related to it, just knew we won, which was an absolute must.

JamDav1982

Fake news.

Very few people at all claimed league meant nothing. Not even close to a 'large portion'.

It is more accurate that some praise the league win then refuse to aknowledge when not doing as well.. and refer back to previuous league win.

Same as europe.. will become important for some depending on how Barca do.

ajnotkeith

I have a certain amount of slack for Xavi because a couple very key midfielders were injured but we need to see better play when they come back.

Pedri and FDJ just levels above what likes of Romeu or Gavi or even Fermin at times been adding.

JohnN

We are constantly regressing. Haven't seen us outplayed like this in ages. The team is not going anywhere. Perhaps a change of manager and coaching staff is due to come. I don't even care about the excuses and all the media related handling. The football is getting more unwatchable each week. And we can't just believe having FDJ back will fix all these problems we are having. He would improve some aspects, but it's only one of 11 players. Xavi needs to turn this around or be gone.

delancey

Moving the goal posts :lol:
Que

You have no complaints, this season we made it out the group stage bro.

That's your be all & end all, that you called a few of us out, that's didn't go so well 😂😂.

What? Now the shit league that wasn't valuable, is super important and valuable?
We aren’t criticizing results; we are criticizing tactics, intensity, style of play!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen football so disorganized and dysfunctional as yesterday’s game. And it wasn’t a one off either; it happens repeatedly.

Simply put, we are getting outclassed and outperformed by inferior teams on a weekly basis. The fact that we are pulling off 1-0 wins on the regular comes down to two things: we slow the play down, instead of ramping up the intensity. This is as frustrating for LA Liga opponents as it is for us when we play a parked bus. Secondly, our players are individually superior to most other players in La Liga. I will say that our current back line is more talented than what we had under Pep. At the very least, as talented! Our goalkeeper is the best (or one of the best) goalkeepers in La Liga. That makes it difficult to score against us, despite our inferior tactics. What we witnessed yesterday hurt my eyes.

Again, it’s not about our team’s voodoo luck. It’s about anything that a manager can bring to the table (except for respect and motivational skills), Xavi fails at. Everything!

As far as your little CL argument is concerned, our squad is world class. Few teams have better players than us. Making it out of a group consisting of bottom fodder teams should not be some kind of glorified accomplishment. What happens when we face off against, you know, top teams, such as Man U? :lol: For real, I fear high intensity teams, such as Arsenal, who will throw us into the meat grinder, not because their players are better, but because they have a competent manager who knows what he is doing.

If Koeman were producing these shit show performances, what would have happened? That’s the criticism. Our style of play. Incompetence at the top.

Entiendes? 😜

delancey

On a side note, Xavi and his bro are making me appreciate managers who are where they are because of hard work and merit.

Real Sociedad’s manager is great. They played fun football yesterday. Outclassed us in every department. Every single one.

Girona’s manager is also someone we should be talking about more. Doing an excellent job with an average squad. Kudos!

Rory

Thing is you can't really sack a manager when he's getting these results in the league. Regardless of how the win comes about. Just have to ride this season out and see what results we get.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
By April, coaching candidates will be covered by local media

Feels inevitable, I believe Xavi has plenty of positive traits as a coach but clear he is not yet able to transmit our philosophy to the players. Not every great player can impart that to others, it's what distinguishes coaches/teachers. Regardless of the squad, we should've been seeing the style we're accustomed to with regularity - irrespective of the result. When the results become the target at the expense of style, then once your success (measured by trophies) becomes threatened the absence of style moves to the forefront

When I hear Xavi answer for the play in press conferences much less in matches, I do not see someone who can get more out of this group and that typically means it's time to go. Xavi will get latitude to stay on another season should the we lose the league and fail in CL (yet advance far). But it won't stop the pressure to no longer point to FFP for failure to improve in the eye test

I'll start. Gallardo, De Zerbi & Arteta - even Ten Hag?

ajnotkeith

By April, coaching candidates will be covered by local media

Feels inevitable, I believe Xavi has plenty of positive traits as a coach but clear he is not yet able to transmit our philosophy to the players. Not every great player can impart that to others, it's what distinguishes coaches/teachers. Regardless of the squad, we should've been seeing the style we're accustomed to with regularity - irrespective of the result. When the results become the target at the expense of style, then once your success (measured by trophies) becomes threatened the absence of style moves to the forefront

When I hear Xavi answer for the play in press conferences much less in matches, I do not see someone who can get more out of this group and that typically means it's time to go. Xavi will get latitude to stay on another season should the we lose the league and fail in CL (yet advance far). But it won't stop the pressure to no longer point to FFP for failure to improve in the eye test

I'll start. Gallardo, De Zerbi & Arteta - even Ten Hag?
Fair enough mate. Its nice to see people who were very behind him admit that he might not be it.
I think we need to see how this season ends before making a change though.

I would like to see Arteta/Inzaghi as the main targets.

serghei

Criticism for how the team performed vs Sociedad is fair, but asking for a championship-winning manager to be sacked is nothing short of idiotic. :lol: Even for this forum's standards.

So, the team struggled to play good football consistently while missing multiple starters and having a short squad. Move the fuck on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans