Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusiTheKing

Nah usual garbage.

Barca are not playing with positivity and freedom at all. Certainly not this season and not what title was won on last season either.

Try again numpty.
What do you mean "try again"? It's a subjective, pretty semantically loose question, whether or not a team plays with positivity or freedom. But you reckon you've proven me wrong somehow?

Not even sure you've read my post correctly since you're implying I said that the team is currently playing with freedom and positivity, which is the opposite of what I said.

I'm not saying we were blowing every team away last season but there was a consistent spirit of positivity in our game, one that got us not just more wins, but bigger wins than this season. Plently of 3-0's and 4-0's. More varied play, more interesting goals scored, better off the ball movement, better defensive disciplin, less moaning at each other. All these things that are dependant on mentality.

JamDav1982

Barca scored 72 goals last season and won league due to a defence that rode its luck at times.

Very few games were flowing football and team looking calm and in control.

Barca won that league in a style that is not often accepted and were excpected to improve on it this season.

That is just the league.. Europe was a fucking farce and far from controlled attacking football and went out cup with record home loss to Real in last 15 years.

Even some of the 3-0 wins were not controlled games and opposition having pressure and Barca having better players to finish chances.

ajnotkeith

The finances aren't as restrictive as is claimed.

Yes we don't have much to spend but we also never try to raise it either. We only sell players in downturns or that we're desperate to get rid of but we never sell any players other teams will pay a lot for.

We have this very protective mentality over players who play well for us when the best business teams like Madrid have many times sold players in good form or who were very desired in the market if they think its the right decision going forward.

The likes of Balde, Gavi, Pedri, Araujo in last year's market can probably get you 100m each from the right club (I list them as an example, not that I want all of them sold). We probably have been offered more than that in some cases. We don't have to sell all of them - we don't even have to sell more than one. Just one sale like that could help our situation hugely and probably at not a huge loss as we have players who can replace them. I understand the concerns about losing young talent going forward but when you have players like Romeu starting in the team how can you afford to make any player untouchable, especially youth players who haven't proven themselves yet.

We need to look a bit more forward and start making tough decisions with the squad rather than being protective over all our La Masia players and barely having any money to spend every season as a result. Players like Frenkie would also improve given better teammates and if our general performance improves we will be able to make more money back from good European performances. The current administrative route where we don't sell any good player, to the point where we will sell the club's rights instead, is harming the club's chances.

BusiTheKing

Barca scored 72 goals last season and won league due to a defence that rode its luck at times.

Very few games were flowing football and team looking calm and in control.

Barca won that league in a style that is not often accepted and were excpected to improve on it this season.

That is just the league.. Europe was a fucking farce and far from controlled attacking football and went out cup with record home loss to Real in last 15 years.

Even some of the 3-0 wins were not controlled games and opposition having pressure and Barca having better players to finish chances.
More strawman. Never claimed anything about control or dominance. Yeah we had plenty of flaws last season. You're not the only one who noticed mate.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Last league season was good imo even though there were a lot of 'lucky' wins but this season is a step back again and its not like we won Ucl so team say they are unmotivated. Europe was a disaster though.

JamDav1982

'
More strawman. Never claimed anything about control or dominance. Yeah we had plenty of flaws last season. You're not the only one who noticed mate.

You claimed Barca played with calm and positivity.. calmness would usually come with being in control and positivity would usually result in goals and attacking footballl

But keep strawman arguments about what you actually meant.

How anyone can claim that about last season is beyond me but keep at it.

serghei

Last league season was good imo even though there were a lot of 'lucky' wins but this season is a step back again and its not like we won Ucl so team say they are unmotivated. Europe was a disaster though.

Europe was a lot of bad luck last season. Death group, all defense out injured in the key game and so on. It happens. Even then, Inter are a top side, not a disaster to lose against them. It's a major exaggeration.

JamDav1982

Xavi fucked up v Inter in CL home game and picked awful team from those available. Were unlucky away to Inter.

His team choice for Man Utd was poor and again not best defence etc.. much like his poor team choices v Frankfurt.

This season Barca probably been lucky to have that CL group as largely been poor.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Europe was a lot of bad luck last season. Death group, all defense out injured in the key game and so on. It happens. Even then, Inter are a top side, not a disaster to lose against them. It's a major exaggeration.

Lets be honest Sergh dude, 0 wins against Inter and Bayern is a disaster. Ok Bayern is another level but not even against Inter + loosing against Manu in EL, damn.

serghei

Lets be honest Sergh dude, 0 wins against Inter and Bayern is a disaster. Ok Bayern is another level but not even against Inter + loosing against Manu in EL, damn.

Nah. It's not. Both are top teams. Probably best teams in Italy and Germany.

Disaster is to lose at home to Galatasaray for example and end up the group on last place.

JamDav1982

Bayern were in horrible form and in poor form v Barca that first game and still lost.

Inter were not the best team in Italy last season and Barca were best team in Spain.. but still went out.

Games v Man Utd just compounded the failure.

All made worse by the double failure in Europe the season before.

Fails again this season and it s more of same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans