Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Araujo is totally an unknown quantity in big European games. He can't be called a World Class CB until we see how he does against the best opposition in big CL games. Got bitch-slapped in the Super Copa final.

True. But he's still one of the best imo. Not many CBs out there above him at the moment. Most big teams struggle with theirs.

Vs Vinicius, he owned him in some games, in others he got owned. But Vinicius is probably top 3 wide players in Europe over the last 3 seasons or so.

1 vs 1 and physicality-wise (aerial duels, tackling, etc.) he is great, but in terms of positioning and technical level, Araujo has to improve quite a bit. He is also not a stranger to blunders, mainly due to shit passes and lapses of concentration. Also has an issue with putting his hands on opponents far too often. Sometimes those things don't get called, but if they do get called at the wrong time... he has to be blamed for it.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yeah I know - I sound like a broke record repeating myself: But if we get our asses kicked today, will Xavi get fired ya think?

serghei

Yeah I know - I sound like a broke record repeating myself: But if we get our asses kicked today, will Xavi get fired ya think?

No. Team is still qualified in CL knockouts and Copa quarterfinals. Plenty to still play for. Napoli and Bilbao games are big though.

ajnotkeith

Betis is one of our easiest games under Xavi so might be a good confidence booster if we can turn up today. They may be 9th but I would probably prefer to play them than any other team in the league at the moment, seeing their previous performances against us.

serghei

Betis is one of our easiest games under Xavi so might be a good confidence booster if we can turn up today. They may be 9th but I would probably prefer to play them than any other team in the league at the moment, seeing their previous performances against us.

Had difficult games there in the last 3 seasons. All those wins could've been draws or losses just as well.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Dude, nah - there are no more "easy" games under Xavi...

jamrock

After the injustice that happened today (regular occurrence) and our comeback.

I'm calling it now, we are winning the league..

In Jesus name.

ajnotkeith

Had difficult games there in the last 3 seasons. All those wins could've been draws or losses just as well.
Dude, nah - there are no more "easy" games under Xavi...
Our last 3 games against Betis - 4-2, 5-0, 4-0.
This matchup is generally very good for us recently. So equally as I said it was an easy game I would caution about taking too much from beating them in the 90th minute.

One thing it did show us is that Ferran Torres should be the starter going forward. He needs more time and team does better in attack when he plays, clearly, superior to Lewa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans