Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Just kidding, fully aware such achievements are hard to match for current Barca. The next manager has my support even if he doesn't match Xavi, provided that the team competes well.

ajnotkeith

The minimum requirement for now or the next manager is CL quarter finals in the absence of a hugely unlucky draw. Other managers would also be expected to qualify as 1st over Porto and Shakhtar Donetsk and beat Napoli this year, that is not some super high standard applied exclusively to Xavi.

Now a great performance would take this all the way to the final which would be a successful season. Depending on how Europe goes now this season isn't a failure yet.

serghei

To be in pot 1 and get an easier group in CL, the team had to be Champions of Spain. It didn't happen just like that. It took an amazing La Liga season to be in that position.

ajnotkeith

To be in pot 1 and get an easier group in CL, the team had to be Champions of Spain. It didn't happen just like that.
Agreed and that is equally one reason why we got grouped last year. We didn't win a very winnable Europa League and paid for it.

Then the league title win helped us this year in Europe.

serghei

Hardest achievement for the next manager to match from Xavi's tenure, provided that the team loses vs PSG and doesn't reach something like a CL final, is producing a 95 points La Liga season (or less if you get the title in the bag early).

It is extremely difficult to reach that number, but it can be done, just look at Leverkusen, they are on a similar path, going to pass 90 most likely going by their run.

ajnotkeith

Hardest achievement for the next manager to match from Xavi's tenure, provided the team loses vs PSG, is producing a 95 points La Liga season.
It was 88 points in the end, of course because we lost some games when the league was over but that does usually happen when a team runs away with it.

It will be much harder to get a context like that where Madrid are on a bad year and we have a lot of funds to spend. I think the goals should be set in terms of points rather than in terms of league title won or not because it depends on the performance of Madrid.

In general, the target should be winning the league if Madrid are poor and competing with them if they are doing well. We should aim for around 85 points.

ajnotkeith

85 points is a bit short for a great La Liga season. From 90 up you get into elite domestic season territory.
I said that because 85-88 points is usually what it takes to win the league in a normal year, of course the context of where those points were gained matters though, since the league ending early can affect those totals a lot.

iniestaGOAT

It's fucking embarrassing to have a manager who picks up cards every game. I think he's now received 23 yellow cards only in the league since he arrived. Bet no player even comes close.

Whiny ass. Should be some sort of wage deduction for useless fucking yellows.

Now that we winning these jabronis have nothing else to complain about.. ..so now its yellow cards.

Personally I will be very happy if he sets a yellow/ red card league record for a manager before he leaves.

Temptation

Barca play much better with Oscar on the touchline than Xavi.

Maybe, just maybe, Oscar is the actual brain behind it all and Xavi is the one holding him back with his ego?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We play our best football of the season and naturally immediately there comes international break to kill off the momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans