Yaya Toure

Evil

Shabazz
Very good news. He's a solid player, and has performed well and consistently for 2 seasons. He deserves a pay raise. Plus, now I can safely order the new kit with Yaya Toure printed on it :rolleyes:

B

barcafan_84

i love toure for what he has given and accomplished with this team, he gives it all that he has, never stops running and is a true team player, he deserves a raise and barca should make a deal and meet half way with him! best defensive midfielder ive seen so far, deco was good but this guy is better!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
We could have this discussion if his demands WERE excessive but they are NOT! 4.5 million a year is reasonable. He's had two, two amazing seasons in a row. Henry earns 7.5, Yaya deserves at least 4.
Well said he is an important player and has been playing well this season and last.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good news. According to Catalan press, Yaya Toure is very close to signing a news contract with FC Barcelona.

Z

Zin

Anything less than a huge raise for Yaya is a travesty and I would not blame him for wnating to leave at this sign of disrespect.

He is the world's best DM and he has proven again and again why we paid the money to get him from Monaco. He has lived up to expectations in every way and exceeded them in ways we couldn't think possible. As the perfect blend of offense and defense, Yaya has become a KEY part of the squad, and losing him would be a devastating blow. That said, the news of him signing a contract extension makes me leap with joy, as I know us resigning Yaya will automagically provide us with another year at the top. I feel he is that key to our lineup.

Z

Zin

What sign of disrespect? The club has never undervalued or disrespected Yaya in any way.

I said if he didn't receive a huge pay increase, in that case he would have been severely disrespected, in fact I am surprised his contract renewal has taken as long as it has, I think Toure is that good and that valuable to this squad.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Absolutely not, you don't just give salary raises for doing their job!! No one signs a player thinking they will clinch 2nd spot and play well. You sign player and spend million to win titles, all titles. Do not get too carried away with him moving back into CB, or that goal in the finals of Copa del Rey. It is expected and it is mandatory to take different roles during the season according to the situation and Yaya just did his job.

Especially that he has been there for only 2 years, so not yet. When Yaya Toure he knew that Barcelona had a strict wage structure that will not be overlooked for any player.

maz

I walk the line
I said if he didn't receive a huge pay increase, in that case he would have been severely disrespected, in fact I am surprised his contract renewal has taken as long as it has, I think Toure is that good and that valuable to this squad.

Taken this long as in weeks, or months? I cant see him having got a contract extension last season when we won nothing. And it wasn't a pressing issue during the season.

However if you are talking weeks, i agree. Since it seems yayá wanted to renew (which i initially wasn't so sure about..i had a feeling he would move on) then it shouldn't have dragged on for 3 weeks. We should have spoke to him, asked him if he wanted to renew, offered him a decent wage and he would sign.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
It would be a big lost if yaya leave. His skill and his physical strength reminds me of rijkaard. They both are holding in midfielder, and both have the same experience playing as "emergency center back". I hope barca would keep him.

Home of Barca Fans