Yaya Toure

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Imo, that would be great to play him more in Xavi's and Iniestas spot to give them some rest. That is also why I wanted us to bring in a new DM instead of a creative midfielder like Masch' or even a backup to Busquets like Poulsen (I've read that he was even in Barca to sign but Pep refused) or Lorik Cana for example.

[YOUTUBE]SmhKqXur-6w[/YOUTUBE]

(sorry about the 'eye of the tiger' soundtrack, I freakin' hate that song in youtube videos!)

[YOUTUBE]eXvcSz1-piQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Although i actually remember his great past season, i was really impressed by his performance vs Bilbao last night. Winning back ball after ball, good passing and some impressive rushes incl. a nice dribble in the box on the right flank. Maybe its b/c i didnt see him play for a while now, but he made me remember again that our MF is not just Xaviesta ...

Juan03

Although i actually remember his great past season, i was really impressed by his performance vs Bilbao last night. Winning back ball after ball, good passing and some impressive rushes incl. a nice dribble in the box on the right flank. Maybe its b/c i didnt see him play for a while now, but he made me remember again that our MF is not just Xaviesta ...

yea, the midfield is not the same without Toure;)

mobster_1930

My first post and I have to say that of all Barca's players Yaya is my favourite.
I love Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and others, but i simply love Yaya's comitment and pure power and amazing creativity in midfield. He's incredible tehnician for his size.
Shame he will be out for African Cup of Nations, we will miss him, you'll see :toure:

maz

I walk the line
Welcome mobster.

It's good to see yayá getting some minutes in a more advanced role. It was the reason i hoped we signed him. To fill the role that the bomm had left. I remember i was the only one on soccerpulse who, when we signed him, felt he could play in CM. He has what is needed to play there. Very powerful, can get back and forward, can break his way into the box, can take shots on goal from outside the box and force the keeper to make saves. His only thing lacking is he (obviously) can't control games the way xavi can. So i don't know about him being a direct replacement for xavi. However he can play alongside xavi/iniesta should we need to toughen it up in midfield, and have a DM behind them.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i beleive that pep will push him up the field and play kieta and basquets in the defensive mid spot and only in essential games play yaya there.

maz

I walk the line
I dont like keita in DM though. I see him as a slightly more technical yayá in CM. A box to box midfielder. He never really played DM at sevilla. Poulsen was the DM and he played alongside him in the patrick vieira role.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
yaya keita xavi is such a strong midfield... its amazing to think even with iniesta out how strong it can be, also iniesta can play some wide and cause problems on both flanks switchingwith messi throughout games

Evil

Shabazz
As good as Yaya Toure is in a more attacking role ..

--------:toure:-------
---:xavi:------:iniesta:---

Is our best midfeild by far.

Home of Barca Fans