Yaya Toure

zanela

No, the report didn't say Abidal AND Yaya...It was a misprint as far as i'm concerned coz Abidal's contract renewal thing was reported couple of weeks earlier & the one ur referring to missed Abidal & had Yaya's name instead.
Also, SPORT & the official site havn't reported anything about Yaya's contract being renewed again.

C

CTID

If any of you guys have ever heard of the SUN newspaper then you would know that it is always full of rubbish and nonesense. However we seem to be linked with this guy as much as you are linked with Robinho. I very much doubt you could afford to buy Robinho outright and a loan deal is just ridiculous so the only real alternative would be a swap deal. Let's hope not. Youd rather keep Yaya and we'd rather keep Robbie (although i'm sure Yaya and Kolo would love to play together at City).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...rk-Hughes-Man-City-on-Toure-a-good-thing.html

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If any of you guys have ever heard of the SUN newspaper then you would know that it is always full of rubbish and nonesense. However we seem to be linked with this guy as much as you are linked with Robinho. I very much doubt you could afford to buy Robinho outright and a loan deal is just ridiculous so the only real alternative would be a swap deal. Let's hope not. Youd rather keep Yaya and we'd rather keep Robbie (although i'm sure Yaya and Kolo would love to play together at City).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...rk-Hughes-Man-City-on-Toure-a-good-thing.html

What's with your constant claims that we can't AFFORD to buy Robinho!? Don't embarrass yourself buddy... Sure we could afford him if we do want to!! We already put an official bid for Robinho last summer!!!

C

CTID

What's with your constant claims that we can't AFFORD to buy Robinho!? Don't embarrass yourself buddy... Sure we could afford him if we do want to!! We already put an official bid for Robinho last summer!!!

We have NO reason whatsoever to sell Robinho so you would have to pay OVER the 32.5M pounds that we paid for him (probably around the 50m euro mark) before we would even consider letting such an important player leave. Can you afford that much? considering you spent 40m plus Eto'o (another 20M) for Ibra? Then include all the Smaller deals (Maxwell etc)

That would be over 100M euros in 6 months. Just where do you think you are pulling all this money from? You still have a sizeable debt to pay back remember!

You're the only Barca fan i have spoken to who believes you have the funds to outright buy Robinho. Believe me. You haven't

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!

LOL, the tabloids have been cooking up Yaya to Kolo's club transfer stories ever since Yaya was at Monaco, maybe even before! Unfortunately it's kind of an open goal for lazy journalists which is why it gets dredged up so often.

C

CTID

LOL, the tabloids have been cooking up Yaya to Kolo's club transfer stories ever since Yaya was at Monaco, maybe even before! Unfortunately it's kind of an open goal for lazy journalists which is why it gets dredged up so often.

Yep. You're probably right. Hughes was watching the young Osasuna right back. Cesar Azpilicueta. I don't know much about this kid. Is he any good?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We have NO reason whatsoever to sell Robinho so you would have to pay OVER the 32.5M pounds that we paid for him (probably around the 50m euro mark) before we would even consider letting such an important player leave. Can you afford that much? considering you spent 40m plus Eto'o (another 20M) for Ibra? Then include all the Smaller deals (Maxwell etc)

That would be over 100M euros in 6 months. Just where do you think you are pulling all this money from? You still have a sizeable debt to pay back remember!

You're the only Barca fan i have spoken to who believes you have the funds to outright buy Robinho. Believe me. You haven't

Robinho would be considered by us only if 'he' himself pushes the transfer! Now I'd not wish that to happen at any club but when a player wants out and the club don't want to grant his wish, that would lead to dressing room hazards... more so with some one like Robinho(I knwo u won't accept that but just have a look at his history!) Mark Hughes is getting to build a strong team just now, that too you guys started losing points already, sure he'd not want to face dressing room discrepancies in such times!! So yeah he'd happy to sell him for 35mill EUROS
We did agree to pay 45mill for Ibra... But if you don't know such huge amounts are not paid one time, it's been spread into 3 installments. So sure we could AFFORD him

Yep. You're probably right. Hughes was watching the young Osasuna right back. Cesar Azpilicueta. I don't know much about this kid. Is he any good?

Plays RB & can play RM also if needed... Is decent, has scope to improve and become a very good player, a player for the future

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!

I haven't seen a lot of Osasuna this season to be honest but he didn't play badly at all on Saturday

C

CTID

I haven't seen a lot of Osasuna this season to be honest but he didn't play badly at all on Saturday

Maicon is our No1 target in January for RB and he has indicated he would be up for a move to City if we are in or around the top4 by January (which i think we will be).

That kid from Osasuna is being looked at as an alternative if that deal doesn't happen.

I haven't been able to see much of Osasuna this season either. I only get to see the Madrid mathch against V Getafe on Saturday because i was switching between different matches on Rojadirecta. Do any of you guys use that site? it's a really good way to see all the best football out there. Not sure it's entirely legal though :lol:

As for the guy who commented on the Ibra deal being paid over a number of "instalments" why the hell would we accept a deal like that for one of our best player who has only been at the club for 1 yaer and who has 4 years left on his contract? The answer is simply that we wouldn't. Barca would have to pay a ridiculous amount up front to get him. This is just one of the reasons why i think all the Robinho and Toure talk is both BS. People just writing any old shit to sell newspapers.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Why would Maicon leave Inter for Citeh? With the greatest respect for what you're building you've yet to reach the level where you can attract players who are in the starting XI of the top European teams. If I'm wrong and he does go to Eastlands then I'd be seriously impressed but I really don't see it happening.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
As for the guy who commented on the Ibra deal being paid over a number of "instalments" why the hell would we accept a deal like that for one of our best player who has only been at the club for 1 yaer and who has 4 years left on his contract? The answer is simply that we wouldn't. Barca would have to pay a ridiculous amount up front to get him. This is just one of the reasons why i think all the Robinho and Toure talk is both BS. People just writing any old shit to sell newspapers.

I said we are paying in installments for Ibra's deal so we do have funds available to pay for Robinho if we needed!! Who said we would do the same for Robinho's transfer!?
Anyway I'm totally against Robinho's transfer to Barca, only couldn't agree to how you keep saying we can't AFFORD!

C

CTID

I said we are paying in installments for Ibra's deal so we do have funds available to pay for Robinho if we needed!! Who said we would do the same for Robinho's transfer!?
Anyway I'm totally against Robinho's transfer to Barca, only couldn't agree to how you keep saying we can't AFFORD!

Agree or not it's true. You simply don't want to realise it. You'll only listen to what you think is good for Barca weather it's true or not. It's a bit sad that mate.

C

CTID

It's hardly a shame to admit that we don't have the money to force Man City to sell a player!

Of course it's not a shame mate. A couple of years ago we wouldn't have even have had a player like Robinho at City and if we did we would have had to sell him if a club like Barca wanted him. But now we don't need to sell to any body which means if a club wants him they will have to pay more than we did for him. And Barca havent got that kind of cash. Not at the moment with their debt and all the money they spent in the summer.

I'm not saying this to wind this guy up but for some reason he will only believe what he thinks is best for Barca weather it is true or not. Thats not a good way to look at things.

Home of Barca Fans