Yaya Toure

zanela

He deserves it 100%.
He played brilliantly in the CL finals and in the match at Stamford bridge.

Dont forget his MOM performance at Camp Nou vs Chelsea.

Pep doesnt look too happy with him in this pic. :frown:
20091019entreno191.jpg

Evil

Shabazz
You never know, maybe he's telling him a story about how he hooked him with a beautiful lady the night before.

maz

I walk the line
Dont forget his MOM performance at Camp Nou vs Chelsea.

Wtf i actually did forget that performance. That was incredible performance. Thanks for reminding me! That was probably the best game i've seen him have for the club. Can't believe i listed the 2nd leg and the final and forgot that performance.

zanela

Wtf i actually did forget that performance. That was incredible performance. Thanks for reminding me! That was probably the best game i've seen him have for the club. Can't believe i listed the 2nd leg and the final and forgot that performance.

His best game so far acc. to me was against Man Utd at Old Trafford(CL-Semi 2008)
Considering the circumstances - playing through pain, the poor form of his teammates,the pathetic league form we were having at the time etc.., the performance he put in against the eventual CL winners was EPIC!!!!. He ate their midfield alive for dinner...the man utd fans still 've night mares of the Big YAYA from that night & i remember they were thrilled when they found out he was to miss Midfield against them in CL-final last season.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't want to jinx anything, but I have a gut feeling that something is wrong with Yaya - he plays like he's already lost his flare. I really hope I'm wrong though.

zanela

I don't want to jinx anything, but I have a gut feeling that something is wrong with Yaya - he plays like he's already lost his flare. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Ever since Pep took over, he has always favoured busquets over Yaya. And, when u are not a manager fav, u dont get enough opportunities to get back to form. Last season started the same way leading to talks of Yaya's exit in Jan but the Ivorian stayed back & fought for his place & luckily things worked out well for him as he proved to be EPIC towards the end of the season...But, clearly when ur not liked by ur manager, it becomes hard to remain confident all the time, & that lack of confidence translates in to poor performances...I've always felt Toure has been undervalued & underappreciated at the club. He is one of the most skilfull & talented player in his position & sadly, he 'll be replaced by a Pep fav (the overrated Argie) next summer.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ever since Pep took over, he has always favoured busquets over Yaya. And, when u are not a manager fav, u dont get enough opportunities to get back to form. Last season started the same way leading to talks of Yaya's exit in Jan but the Ivorian stayed back & fought for his place & luckily things worked out well for him as he proved to be EPIC towards the end of the season...But, clearly when ur not liked by ur manager, it becomes hard to remain confident all the time, & that lack of confidence translates in to poor performances...I've always felt Toure has been undervalued & underappreciated at the club. He is one of the most skilfull & talented player in his position & sadly, he 'll be replaced by a Pep fav (the overrated Argie) next summer.

Yaya sure sarted poor this season but he's been improving... And no he's not underrated, reported by Barca media that the board is in negotiations with The Yaya for a renewal while he already had one in the summer!! Busi did get more minutes than him in Liga but in CL Yaya missed only 25 minutes out of 270, while Busi got only those Yaya's missed ones.
The Argie is no way coming to Camp Nou, we are getting a mid-fielder in January which shuts his way to us... And even if not, Fabregas signing would sure ensure that :)

zanela

Toure makes way for that midget...we need 2 DM's, buying Cesc or a CM makes no difference. Toure 'll be sold next summer, i ll guarantee u that.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Toure makes way for that midget...we need 2 DM's, buying Cesc or a CM makes no difference. Toure 'll be sold next summer, i ll guarantee u that.

I understand where you find your logic there! If we win some silverware this time as well & the way Pep gets the 'feeling' The Yaya would most likely be the chosen one this time around!!
But look at it this way, he's the best there is in the business, he's gonna be very good mentor for Guardiola's son Busi, he can give those Keitaesque robust performances when needed & Pep wanted to sign Masch only because Yaya won't be available during ACN... Still think he'd want to sell Yaya? I think the chosen one might as well be Abidal, okay I hope so! Though Abidal has been way too consistent to be wishing for something as crazy but Yaya is the best beast:worthy:

zanela

But look at it this way, he's the best there is in the business, he's gonna be very good mentor for Guardiola's son Busi, he can give those Keitaesque robust performances when needed & Pep wanted to sign Masch only because Yaya won't be available during ACN... Still think he'd want to sell Yaya? I think the chosen one might as well be Abidal, okay I hope so! Though Abidal has been way too consistent to be wishing for something as crazy but Yaya is the best beast:worthy:

we all love The yaya except pep...
btw, that midget hasn't renewed his contract & still wants to come here. which all points to one thing - we are still interested.
Anyway, lets hope we meet liverpool in the CL & The yaya kicks the midget's ass & pep realises how awesome our DM is. :D

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
we all love The yaya except pep...
btw, that midget hasn't renewed his contract & still wants to come here. which all points to one thing - we are still interested.
Anyway, lets hope we meet liverpool in the CL & The yaya kicks the midget's ass & pep realises how awesome our DM is. :D

Well, even Kameni didn't renew until very recently hoping Man Utd would come for him!!!
There's also this possibility that Pep might renew his interests for De Rossi or Hernanes which would leave out the midget option :) Also remember Pep saying Yaya is actually a very good Attacking Mid Fielder & his fierce running towards defenders would help us a lot!? So even if we do sign a DM, Yaya would still stay I suppose.
In your support Pep is doing some thing today, not starting The Yaya! But I'd say that's because he's preserving him for the more important match against Rubin ;)

zanela

If he gets played less & less in la liga, it won't do much good for his confidence :sad:
He needs to be played consistently if he has to perform well in the CL.

Home of Barca Fans