Yaya Toure

B

blueduck

No chance of getting Maicon I'm afraid. Yaya is only realistic because of Kolo imo.

We will never sell Robinho for less than we paid for him. The arabs really care about their image and they would hate to be seen losing money over Robinho.

This is one of the reasons why I'm quite optimistic about our future, they want to be the best, no matter what. They are also investing heavily in our youth academy too, which shows they aren't all about spending.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Ture... But that isn't the case here. We did bid for Masch, Cesc & Robinho which can only mean we do have funds left!!

Yes but Man City aren't open to financial pressure because their wealth is unparalelled. Liverpool are in the mess financially, Arsenal are a slow and steady club in an economic sense where a big offer would be seriously considered especially given that the board is divided right now. If Robinho doesn't beg to leave Citeh then as CTID and Blue Duck have said he isn't going anywhere.

C

CTID

No chance of getting Maicon I'm afraid. Yaya is only realistic because of Kolo imo.

We will never sell Robinho for less than we paid for him. The arabs really care about their image and they would hate to be seen losing money over Robinho.

This is one of the reasons why I'm quite optimistic about our future, they want to be the best, no matter what. They are also investing heavily in our youth academy too, which shows they aren't all about spending.

I'm really confident about Maicon. Reckon it could well happen.

As for Robbie. Hughes knows what he's doing. The only way he'd ever let Robinho go was if we got more than what we paid and we had already bought a player of equal or better standing before he left.

The youth system at City is the best in Britain, one of the best in europe. This is one of the things i point out to those who think the Arabs will get bored and leave in a few years. You don't put that much money, time and effort into the base roots of a club (youth acadamy, stadium development, buying the players they've bought) just to sod off within a couple of years. It's a long term plan at City to make us the very best in the world. This above all else is what other clubs find bewildering, annoying and some what unbelievable all at once. But things seem to be coming together a lot quicker than anybody ever imagined.

As for Yaya. Didn't he only agree to a new 1 year deal at Barca? I wonder why that was? I'm not sure weather it will be City he joins. But i can't think he will be happy on the bench.

C

CTID

Hey Blue Duck. Do you go on Bluemoon.com? What's your username there? Mine is BlakeTheBlue. Look me up brother.

B

blueduck

Yeah I go on there sometimes, far too much talk about pigeons and Berti for my liking though! :D

The lack of avatars makes it a bit hard to get to know people on there though.

C

CTID

You still haven't answered my question, why would Maicon want to leave Inter for Citeh?

I don't know mate. Sure you are right Inter are a huge club but City, or "CITEH" as you put it, is a very exciting place to play your football right now.

Plus i'm not sure if you know this but Maicon and Mourinho do not get on. Or so i've heard. Aparantly he was going to join us in the Summer but Inters board blocked the move. Now it appears both City and United are interested but only we can afford the 20M pounds that Inter want.

A lot of people would not have dreamed Robinho, Toure, Tevez, Adebayor, Kompany etc would ever come to City but they did. No matter how much people say it's just for the money, they're here and playing great football. That's all that matters to us fans. It's only other teams fans who don't like it.

Aparently Maicon is very keen on a move to us. But again it is only what i have heard. But i can see it happening.

Yeah I go on there sometimes, far too much talk about pigeons and Berti for my liking though! :D

The lack of avatars makes it a bit hard to get to know people on there though.

You should go there more often. It is filled with some real arseholes so we need as many good guys as we can get :)

B

blueduck

Hasn't Fergie said that he's not spending big on any players over 26ish ?

Where have you read that Maicon is interested? Please don't say Daily Fail, The Sun, TribalFootball or goal.com.

You should go there more often. It is filled with some real arseholes so we need as many good guys as we can get :)

lol It's mostly full of bitter rags making threads like: "KAKA'S A DONE DEAL!!!". I suppose I'll give it another chance

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I don't know mate. Sure you are right Inter are a huge club but City, or "CITEH" as you put it, is a very exciting place to play your football right now.

Plus i'm not sure if you know this but Maicon and Mourinho do not get on. Or so i've heard. Aparantly he was going to join us in the Summer but Inters board blocked the move. Now it appears both City and United are interested but only we can afford the 20M pounds that Inter want.

A lot of people would not have dreamed Robinho, Toure, Tevez, Adebayor, Kompany etc would ever come to City but they did. No matter how much people say it's just for the money, they're here and playing great football. That's all that matters to us fans. It's only other teams fans who don't like it.

Aparently Maicon is very keen on a move to us. But again it is only what i have heard. But i can see it happening.

The difference between Maicon and the players you've signed up to now is that the Brazilian has a starting spot and is (apparently) content at his club, one of the biggest in Europe. Ferguson didn't consider Tevez worth the money that was demanded and Robinho had burnt his bridges at Madrid, the rest are purchases from sides who aren't on top of their respective leagues and made calculated decisions to sell the players given what Citeh were offering. It doesn't take a very imaginative journalist to invent a "Mourinho and x don't get on" story and even if it's true there are destinations Maicon would choose ahead of Middle Eastlands I'm sure.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It seems 14mill worth yaya Toure is very much in City's sights... Well for that amount I'd give away The Yaya's boots especially when Xabi Alonso is worth 30mill!!!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It seems 14mill worth yaya Toure is very much in City's sights... Well for that amount I'd give away The Yaya's boots especially when Xabi Alonso is worth 30mill!!!

Giving away Yaya for 14M would be a crime against humanity. I woiuld immediately send Pep and Laputa to the Hague if they allowed that to happen.

C

CTID

14M for a player of Yayas ability is ridiculous. Surely that can't be right. He's way better than Alonso IMO. But as we know he was only prepared to sign a one year extention on his contract. Who knows what will happen.

He has always said he'd love to play in England one day.

Home of Barca Fans