Yaya Toure

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If he gets played less & less in la liga, it won't do much good for his confidence :sad:
He needs to be played consistently if he has to perform well in the CL.

Yeah but he played 100 odd minutes more than Busi!!! Yaya is truly invincible & also invisible :p I couldn't believe he played more minutes, but that's fact!

M.L. King

The Preacher
Beyond me why was Busquets in the starting line-up instead of Yaya on such an important away trip. Pep could have at least put Yaya in for the last 20 minutes to set the tone for our midfield.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
to be honest, i'm never comfortable with our back specially when Yaya isn't in front of them. he does so many things to help them out, i just dont thin Busquet fill those shoes tonight.

mobster_1930

Yaya brings physical presence in the team. He's great tehnicly, smart and strong. I really don't know why he lost his spot again.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Pep doesn't like Toure? are you guys serious? when the CL was on the line, Pep put Toure at CB against Chelsea and then vs ManU.

let me type that again. In the Champions League Final, Pep put Yaya "DM" Toure as CENTRE BACK. If that doesn't show that Pep has the utmost, absolute, unwavering, completely trusting belief in Toure ... I really don't know what does.

Pep is spelling Toure. It's that simple. right now, with Iniesta being forced to play LF and Pep figuring out that the midfield combo of Xavi-Keita-Busquets works best, Toure (unfortunately) is on the bench. Pep is doing what he can with what he has and with what works best at the moment. it's not hate on Toure, it's tactics.

ryuken

I dont know if it work best or not but Yaya could give more strength for the Osasuna game than Biscuit

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
If Piqué didn't make that stupid own-goal (which is beyond tactic control) in the dying seconds, it would have been the perfect choice since Keita scored again.

zanela

Pep doesn't like Toure? are you guys serious? when the CL was on the line, Pep put Toure at CB against Chelsea and then vs ManU.

let me type that again. In the Champions League Final, Pep put Yaya "DM" Toure as CENTRE BACK. If that doesn't show that Pep has the utmost, absolute, unwavering, completely trusting belief in Toure ... I really don't know what does.

Who else do u think Pep could 've played in those matches? Cáceres? Someone who had very little playing time through out the season that he was never gonna be entrusted to do the job for us in 2 of the most imp games of the season. The only decent option Pep had was Toure, the DM to play as CB which he did. No surprises there, really.
Since Pep took over he has always favoured Busquets & its becoming obvious by the day. Even when Busquets fucks-up he still gets played but not Toure. Yaya's minutes this season has mostly come in the CL & we all know CL games are not played every week...When u dont get played consistently, its difficult to remain confident & get ur form back & it affects ur performances in the process.
For all Pep's greatness, he is flawed. He is biased & has his favourites.
I assure u this to be Yaya's last season with the club. He 'll be offloaded in the summer to make way for Pep's fav, the overrated Redcardscherano.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
People have to take into consideration that Yaya will be off with the Ivory Coast come January so Busi needs to get his chances before then so to prove himself.

I really don't think it's a matter of who Pep likes best. Our squad is small and rotations have to happen especially with the amount of games we have to play.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I really don't think it's a matter of who Pep likes best. Our squad is small and rotations have to happen especially with the amount of games we have to play.

I'd have been more confident to agree with the rotation excuse had he played The Yaya at CAM once or twice but of course may be he wants to make the maximum use of keita's red hot form!!

I assure u this to be Yaya's last season with the club. He 'll be offloaded in the summer to make way for Pep's fav, the overrated Redcardscherano
I told you that the board is trying to renew Yaya's contract even though he had one during summer! I don't think they would do that if Pep really wants to offload him... He wanted Masch, but that's only because we are going to be losing Yaya for ACN and that's that! We are not getting Masch as far as I see it!!

zanela

Pep preferred Busquets over Toure beginning of last season as well, so much that Yaya wanted out in winter & there was no African cup to play then. Ppl would blame Toure's poor form for that, i blame lack of playing time for the poor form..Yes, Pep played him a lot towards the end of the season, but that was due to Busquets lack of experience for the big games. Hence, Toure being played instead...This season has started similarly except Pep 'll now start to play Busquets in some imp games as well. All this 'll force Toure's exit in the summer for Redcardscherno, a player Pep has wanted for almost a year now even though we 've a better player in that position. We all know when Pep doesn't like someone, u dont get to stay at the club for a long time.

I told you that the board is trying to renew Yaya's contract even though he had one during summer! I don't think they would do that if Pep really wants to offload him... He wanted Masch, but that's only because we are going to be losing Yaya for ACN and that's that! We are not getting Masch as far as I see it!!

The board is planning to renew Abidal's contract not Yaya's coz the latter's got renewed in the summer. That bit was a misprint in EMD.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The board is planning to renew Abidal's contract not Yaya's coz the latter's got renewed in the summer. That bit was a misprint in EMD.

Well, now you successfully managed to implant some fear in me!!! But I remember EMD report saying the board wants to renew Abidal AND Yaya... may be I got it wrong. Hope Yaya gets to stay for long:toure:

Home of Barca Fans