Yaya Toure

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
There's more to a team than the midfield, they can only do so much if the rest of the team isn't up to scratch.

[FCB]Messi[10

picture1cr.png

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I'm really concerned we are going to force Yaya out (he's better than Keita, no argument) and replace him with that wanker Mascherano :rolleyes:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
"better than keita"

really? because so far this season I haven't seen it.

yaya's not hit the heights of last season thus far, while busquets continues to be more effective and keita has improved massively. yaya's not gonna get a place in the side just because he's made of molten awesome. he hasta earn it and thus far he's not doing that.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Keita started well but he's not good enough to be our DM against good sides. Yaya performed against the best last season in protecting our back four so we know he has the ability. Keita has caught the eye with his goals this season but it's been increasing clear of late that he is not good when it comes to assisting Xavi possession wise in the middle. Against Mallorca we had to literally miss out the midfield most of the time (see the first goal) because Keita and Biscuits don't move around looking for the ball and providing an option. Put it this way, when we take on a Chelsea or United, who would you want alongside Xaviesta in the middle giving protection, Yaya or Keita? Obvious choice IMO.

danny10257

i also think that yaya is better than keita. But if keita is playing now maybe yaya is being saved for later. I would like to see yaya more often. Also hopefully he does not leave barca.(been hearing some rumors that he might be unhappy)
EDIT: lol i didnt catch the post that is 4 above me.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
yeah but we're not playing xaviesta much at the moment, are we?

it's xavi and iniesta in LW. this means keita is gonna play (and not in DM). this means busquets has to be the DM.

and right now if we were playing anyone I'd take busquets alongside xaviesta ahead of yaya. but I'm sure the big man's form will improve when he starts playing with xaviesta again.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's xavi and iniesta in LW. this means keita is gonna play (and not in DM). this means busquets has to be the DM.

Even Yaya is good at playing that Box-To-Box role! In fact with his fierce runs & powerful shooting Yaya could be more useful!! IMO Pep played Keita way too much, though he's been in tremendous goal-scoring form, he should have been given some more rest at the same time, occasionally, testing Yaya in that position... Some body even pointed out yesterday that Keita's injury might be because of him being over-played, it's true the lad's got some point!
Most intriguing from these news bits is that it was his agent who claimed Yaya is upset with lack of minutes & not some arbit newspaper who rely on publishing rumors to make a living

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Meta how has our form been not having Xaviesta in CM? It's not been good, and a large part of that has been a lack of fluidity and creativity from the midfield. Now Titi is back the sonner we get those two back in there the better. Biscuits is improving but he lacks the physicality currently to really impose himself vs top top sides IMO. His passing is much better than Keita and Yaya however, which is his major advantage.

Home of Barca Fans