Yaya Toure

G.J

V.H. 4 life
If Pep has a weakness, there may be a bit too much preferential treatment towards La Masia products, IMHO
This yaya/sergio debate aside, do you honestly think he unfairly picked one la masia product over a more deserving squad member? Just look at Bojan's situation.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Errr, I checked the totals this time. Apologies Zanela.

Strange, I didn't think Busquets played that much in the league. Keita is obviously omnipresent but I thought Yaya was on equal footing of Busquets but apparently Busquets played the double in the league. I can't even remember that Busquets played in all those games.

zanela

No probs gneg
n1oyzt.gif

I really 've no prob with any of our players. I just wish Pep gave equal playing time to everyone. :sad:
Like i said i'm resigned to losing the Ivorian...When it happens, lets hope it turns out well for us & for :toure:

G.J

V.H. 4 life
No probs gneg
n1oyzt.gif

I really 've no prob with any of our players. I just wish Pep gave equal playing time to everyone. :sad:
Like i said i'm resigned to losing the Ivorian...When it happens, lets hope it turns out well for us & for :toure:
So did you get over your nonsensical Ibra hate, and belief in zombies and curses?

Sorry I had to say it.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia

Strange, I didn't think Busquets played that much in the league. Keita is obviously omnipresent but I thought Yaya was on equal footing of Busquets but apparently Busquets played the double in the league. I can't even remember that Busquets played in all those games.
Ye, just double checked myself. Busi has 632 minutes in la liga and Yaya only 381. Yaya however played basically full time in the CL and Busi pretty much no time.

What i also just noticed is the far better looking stats in La Liga for Busi compared to Yaya, this is actually the biggets surprise for me:

Yaya:
assists (shots): 2
assists (goals): 0
fouls commited: 11
fouls against: 10
balls won back: 21
balls lost: 19

Busi:
assists (shots): 5
assists (goals): 2
fouls commited: 9
fouls against: 23
balls won back: 48
balls lost: 28

Busi had very few fouls, and was fouled a lot (which usually indicates that he was stopped from doing sth useful;)). He also won back a lot more balls than losing - that is really a surprise, esp. that he has less balls lost in relation to the playtime than Yaya.

zanela

So did you get over your nonsensical Ibra hate, and belief in zombies and curses?

It was all going well till u reminded me of the choker :angry:
I dont believe in zombies but i do in curses & voodoo...Longlive Pepe, the wizard :hooray: :D

Ye, just double checked myself. Busi has 632 minutes in la liga and Yaya only 381. Yaya however played basically full time in the CL and Busi pretty much no time.

What i also just noticed is the far better looking stats in La Liga for Busi compared to Yaya, this is actually the biggets surprise for me:

Yaya:
assists (shots): 2
assists (goals): 0
fouls commited: 11
fouls against: 10
balls won back: 21
balls lost: 19

Busi:
assists (shots): 5
assists (goals): 2
fouls commited: 9
fouls against: 23
balls won back: 48
balls lost: 28

Busi had very few fouls, and was fouled a lot (which usually indicates that he was stopped from doing sth useful;)). He also won back a lot more balls than losing - that is really a surprise, esp. that he has less balls lost in relation to the playtime than Yaya.

weren't u one of those against using stats to compare players? whatever hap to that?...Anyway, it's no surprise, Biscuits has better stats than Toure 1) because hes being consistently played 2) Toure is off-form & his lack of time in the league hasn't helped him in that regard. An on form Toure getting consistently played 'll 've better stats than Biscuits. I'll assure u that.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Did i "use" the stats in any way? I just posted them here and pointed out my surprise. I didnt do any evaluation at all.

Besides, when i said i dont like to restrict myself to stats when comparing players of different kinds with different roles playing in different teams and vs different opponents. However, 2 of the 4 variables are identically here, which would make a comparison more significant.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
showing faith in canteranos is only a weakness if they don't perform.

I'd be amazed if you could find one of those in the current squad.

I know you all have a mancrush on yaya, I do too, he is awesome and inspires such things.

but busquets is absolutely amazing and as tren's stats show is totally worthy of his league starts. his back-headers are poor but otherwise his game is superb and he helps to guide the team, which our midfielders should do.

I'm glad yaya hasn't played much in the league. due to iniesta and henry's injuries we've been playing keita nearly constantly and everyone knows how un-creative our midfield gets when yaya and keita play alongside each other. our CL results (where yaya is ever-present) are testament to this.

We don't need a player with an agent who wants to dictate the team's lineup etc. Yaya needs to get his agent to shut up or be shown the door, as good as the Ivorian is he ain't irreplaceable.

exactly.

any agent who calls pep's selections into questioning can fuck right off and take his poor client with him. seydou keita has started 10 games because he's been in excellent form, you fucking bellend.

like I said, I can see us selling yaya either in january (to get robinho) or in the summer (to get mascherano).

it'll be sad when he leaves barca, but that's what his career is. he's a world-class player, but has had a journeyman career. that's solely down to his agent. poor guy.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yaya=DeRossi>>>Essien>Hargreaves>M.Diarra>Senna>Cambiasso>Toulalan>Melo>L.Diarra>Frings>D.Albelda>Flamini>>>>Redcardscherano
Oh! if i've missed some good DM's add them before the overrated Argentine.
:lol: :lol:

Essien isn't even a DM anyway(even though he's playing there now and has been brilliant), and he's definitely no less talented than Yaya.

erm good post, but putting DeRossi there basicly negates your entire rant.
He's good, one of the better players in his position. Zanela wants to get in his pants though. :lol:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If all your points are indeed true Zanela, maying Pep is willing to sacrifice on The Yaya for Cesc! May be he's making the team ready for Yaya's departure to include Cesc!! May be there's a mega swap deal being lined up between Arsenal & Barca involving Cesc & The Yaya, not in January but in the summer... But I only hope that's not true

zanela

:lol: :lol:

Essien isn't even a DM anyway(even though he's playing there now and has been brilliant), and he's definitely no less talented than Yaya.

I know, but as a DM, he is still better than most. And, Essien may be as talented as Yaya. But the latter is a beast, he played through injury & pain towards the end of 2007-08 season, a big game player who kicksass even when his teammates suck(check out his epic performance at old Trafford), he is awesome personified. If he was in the EPL, the British press would 've wanked over him everyday.
Its no shame for Essien to come second to a CL winner & a WC winner.
n1oyzt.gif
I do rate him highy...Infact, i'd take him over that doughnut Pep is after.

He's good, one of the better players in his position. Zanela wants to get in his pants though. :lol:

I've him there on merit. Although, i dont mind having his babies but has to be legal & through wedlock. :D

If all your points are indeed true Zanela, maying Pep is willing to sacrifice on The Yaya for Cesc! May be he's making the team ready for Yaya's departure to include Cesc!! May be there's a mega swap deal being lined up between Arsenal & Barca involving Cesc & The Yaya, not in January but in the summer... But I only hope that's not true

Pep also wants Redcardsherano...he clearly doesnt rate The Yaya just like Justin doesn't rate Iniesta. :D

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'd definately have Yaya in my team to anchor the midfield with Essien further up. What a midfield that would be. :D If Yaya ever decided to leave I'd like to hope Chelsea would try to go for him. :)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'd definately have Yaya in my team to anchor the midfield with Essien further up. What a midfield that would be. :D If Yaya ever decided to leave I'd like to hope Chelsea would try to go for him. :)

be a bit like diarra-juninho-essien lyon midfield only not as good.

Home of Barca Fans