Yaya Toure

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
For me, this all boils down to €s, plain & simple...Yaya got a wage bump but remains below the top half of the earners of the club...Should he have a beef?...Perhaps

FlyLo

That small wage bump probably involved a big fee for Touré's manager. Don't underestimate the dirtiness of the football business.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Meta how has our form been not having Xaviesta in CM? It's not been good, and a large part of that has been a lack of fluidity and creativity from the midfield. Now Titi is back the sonner we get those two back in there the better. Biscuits is improving but he lacks the physicality currently to really impose himself vs top top sides IMO. His passing is much better than Keita and Yaya however, which is his major advantage.

Exactly, does anyone think it's a coincidence that when Keita and Biscuits are playing much better than Yaya, our midfield is looking like a shadow of what it was last year? Keita is a very good asset, but people complain about Pedro for only scoring goals and not much else, and Keita in some games has done the same thing? Biscuits is becomming a very good player but just because he wins more balls doesn't mean he's the guaranteed better option, Yaya, at his best, makes every one of his actions count.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Totally agree with you Nolan. Too often Keita is just missing in games, and with our posession style, every player is crucial, particularly the midfielders.

zanela

We all saw how AWESOME both Keita & Busquets were at Stamford Bridge last season
jtl1l4.gif

I'd shave my head & post my pics here if either of the two can reproduce a performance like that of Yaya at Old Trafford or Camp Nou vs Chelsea.(and i'm not joking
6ia1kk.gif
) And, its scary that The Beast can only get better & those who value him know his best yet to come & it's only fair that he spends his prime here.

His case is like Iniesta...Both world-class, both best at what they do, both keep low-profile & go about doing their thing quietly. The only difference being one is criminally underrated by non-culés(not all) & the other by his own club fans & management.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
We all saw how AWESOME both Keita & Busquets were at Stamford Bridge last season
jtl1l4.gif

I'd shave my head & post my pics here if either of the two can reproduce a performance like that of Yaya at Old Trafford or Camp Nou vs Chelsea.(and i'm not joking
6ia1kk.gif
) And, its scary that The Beast can only get better & those who value him know his best yet to come & it's only fair that he spends his prime here.

His case is like Iniesta...Both world-class, both best at what they do, both keep low-profile & go about doing their thing quietly. The only difference being one is criminally underrated by non-culés(not all) & the other by his own club fans & management.

Great about the comparison to Iniesta, I thought that when i saw El Tren's statistical analysis a few pages up. I don't want to disrespect El Tren's commentary by comparing it to that clown Justin because at the very least it gives us something to think about, but I think like Iniesta you really need to watch Yaya to see how good he is. He can intimidate but unlike Diarra, Essien and other strong midfielders he doesn't foul his way to respect, he's accused of playing a passive game at times but it's deceptively effective.

I don't want to hate on Biscuits and Keita because while I think my criticisms of them are valid they are important contributors but I think the way that fans and management are trying to downplay Yaya is disgusting. I know his agent is an asshole, Yaya's history of moving from club to club speaks for itself, but I don't think in this case their insistence for respect is out of line. Yaya is an ambitious player, and while it might be more tasteful to be happy for what you have, he wouldn't be where he is today if he was like that.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
For me, this all boils down to €s, plain & simple...Yaya got a wage bump but remains below the top half of the earners of the club...Should he have a beef?...Perhaps

The fact is that you don't get to the top of the earnings pile by being a DM.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Keita is out injured for ten days so he maybe he will star in the Athletic-Inter-Real combo.

I hope so, especially the two last. Next to Henry en Xavi/Iniesta. Keita can try to destroy Xeerez then afterwards.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I don't want to hate on Biscuits and Keita because while I think my criticisms of them are valid they are important contributors but I think the way that fans and management are trying to downplay Yaya is disgusting. I know his agent is an asshole, Yaya's history of moving from club to club speaks for itself, but I don't think in this case their insistence for respect is out of line. Yaya is an ambitious player, and while it might be more tasteful to be happy for what you have, he wouldn't be where he is today if he was like that.

firstly: yaya's done nothing wrong in terms of his conduct, it's his agent that's the problem. his agent has always been the problem, yaya is a stand-up pro and will do pretty much anything for the club IMO. he's awesome and I love him.

and as for our midfield being a shadow of what it was last year you don't perhaps think that may possibly potentially somehow just maybe have something to do with the fact that iniesta's only been fully fit for about two weeks and has had to play those games in LW because of henry's injury? and then there's the extra attention our midfield is getting from opponents because of last year's exploits as well. and then there's the fact that xavi has been playing football non-stop since spring 2008.

yes, keita isn't as creative as xavi or iniesta, but he scores more goals and he wins the ball back much more. busquets may not be as defensively solid as yaya yet but he is much more creative and helps xavi out. they are a supreme pairing (busquets and yaya is equally acceptable but keita has been scoring goals for fun so merits his place). as long as injuries keep iniesta in LW then xavi/keita/busquets is our best midfield option by far.

and you all seem to be forgetting that, as of writing, yaya has failed to truly replicate his form from last season. it's not like he's coming in and owning the entire universe and then being unceremoniously dropped because pep doesn't like him. fact is the competition where we've suffered the most is the competition where he's played the most.

the fanboyism that develops around here is mindboggling at times.

keita has been IMMENSE for us this season, and now just because yaya's agent is cussing him and saying he's holding yaya down he's one-dimensional and limited and should be dropped so yaya can take his "rightful place" back in the First XI?

fcvbrs.gif

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
1. You can't play Iniesta in the midfield and also play Keita, unless you want to not have a DM

2. Keita is a very good player who does a bit of everything, but non-consistently. He'll win games for us single handedly, but he has never dominated a game. He is what he is and he's very good at it.

3. As far as Biscuits goes, as I've said before, unlike Keita he has done well playing with Yaya before and I think he's as good of a CM as he is a DM. Yaya's best is still better than Biscuits best, this may change someday but not yet.

4. Yaya won't find form if Pep has no trust in him. Are you a fanboy for wanting to play Chyga even though he's currently a liability?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
1. I'm not suggesting we play iniesta and keita (and xavi, I assume) in midfield together. that's exactly the point. keita has been the form player so he has to start. xavi is the man so he has to start. this leaves one position. iniesta can't really play there and he's been playing in LW mostly anyway. so it comes down to busquets and yaya who have shared the role. we have performed better when busquets has been playing, hence him seeing more gametime than yaya. how is this hard to figure out?

2. accepted.

3. yaya's best is better than busquets' best, but yaya hasn't delivered his best yet.

4. I'm sorry, have I been watching a different barcelona this season where yaya hasn't played at all? or maybe we're talking about a different yaya toure who's not a 26 year old in his third year at the club and has not shown he only needs maybe one game to get going? chygrynskiy's situation is totally different to yaya's. he needs games to improve (he's not a liability, either - he's never been that bad) and yaya doesn't. so your question is flawed, but to answer it: no I'm not.

it's like you people read what the agent said and somehow just accepted it as fact.

I say again:

fcvbrs.gif

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Exactly, Yaya has been played very intermittently so quite how he's supposed to find a rhythm and top form I don't know. Possession is built through the team, and a midfielders job first and foremost is to keep the ball and normally provide for the strikers, who's primary function is scoring goals. It's all well and good Keita popping up with a goal now and then, but if we have to struggle through every match because our midfield is so ineffective then it doesn't balance out.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
but we haven't struggled when we've played busquets and keita alongside xavi.

we've only struggled when we've played yaya and keita alongside xavi.

what is so hard to understand about that?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yaya's poor form can't be written off completely, but you can't see Pep hasn't been odd with how he's used him recently and it's certainly not helping him pick things up. I don't like taking what the media says at face value but truth or not, do you think the rumors linking Yaya to every club in Europe which have been around since last season ended are potentially having some sort of effect on him?

And Yaya has been less of a liability than Chyg so far. And why does Keita get a free pass for being unable to play with Yaya? I don't understand the reason he can't adapt his game to work with Yaya, their skills don't have any rational reason to cancel each other out.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Home to Mallorca? Midfield provided nothing attacking wise (except for Biscuits and his nice header) Away to Osasuna? Midfield was poor.
Everyone knows Keita and Yaya together are a terrible mix. Noone is arguing that. But majority of Yaya's first team chances this season have been alongside Keita. He's played either Yaya or Biscuits. Keita has suddenly been given this starting role every game because of a few goals, when the general play in midfield has not been benefited by him.

Home of Barca Fans