Yaya Toure

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Busquets has played one game very very off but also performed strongly in other games.

There isn't really a case against the whole Keita thing. Beef Supreme said it well and if you see Keita's goals + work, you cannot say it is a bad choice or it didn't work out. Not me at least.
I disagree. There were games that needed Sergio's creative play as oppose to Keita directness. Inter away comes to mind.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
:offtopic: But I disagree on Biscuit...Not sure if it's a confidence issue or not but he hasn't added much whenever he's played this season...In fact, he may actually be guilty of the most numerous & costly errors on the club, atm...I think it's relatively clear, he's not a real DM but doesn't have the pace to be an AM...He's somewhere in between and has to pick up his game rather than flailing about whenever he loses the ball...Or quit pandering to the officials to get a call...He's a gambler, both on defense and offense - which makes him dangerous, IMHO...And not in the good way

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
It's the dreaded second year for Busquets as well, always hard. So far he is doing the same as last year.

At least there is no Busquets agent begging for playtime with press tricks.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think, ideally, Yaya would start and Keita would come on for Iniesta or Thierry (pusing Andres forward) after the half

zanela

"Ah! I see! How about I don't play Yaya for the sake of keeping my darling Seydou from playing bad."

Lets just say, if Yaya was Pep's signing he too would 've been his darling.
We all know Yaya at his best is better than both busi & keita. But i wonder, y only keita is being helped here to showcase his best & not Yaya.

My biggest Beef with pep (no pun intended supreme) is that we didnt see enough of Busi/yaya, because really that was awesome last season.

When did they ever play together last season?

I think Pep will have to make some decisions soon about rotations now that Iniesta is essentially 100%...Does he rest Yaya or Keita in order to play Iniesta & Xavi?...I think it'll depend on the opponent and their style of play.

When both Xavi & Iniesta start in midfield, it is either Biscuits or Yaya not Keita...And since Pep dislikes Yaya, it'll most probably be Biscuits alongside Xaviesta.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I disagree. There were games that needed Sergio's creative play as oppose to Keita directness. Inter away comes to mind.
My apologies, I was thinking about the league since Yaya's agent came up with Keita's ten games versus Yaya's four and Yaya played all four games in CL (which is what this discussion got fired up)

On the other hand, Kieta is not nearly as good in the CL than the league, for sure.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
When did they ever play together last season?
umm a lot? Really we tried ALL combinations with 3. Please dont make research anything now. Also doubt your theory about "pep signings" has much weight. Marquez?

zanela

At least there is no Busquets agent begging for playtime with press tricks.

When u are a manager's fav & given more mins in the league over the more established DM in the team & keep getting played regardless of the performances, i see no reason why he or his agent should complain.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
When both Xavi & Iniesta start in midfield, it is either Biscuits or Yaya not Keita...And since Pep dislikes Yaya, it'll most probably be Biscuits alongside Xaviesta.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm then?...Keita is obviously a player that Pep wants to get onto the field which I can't disagree with...He definitely adds punch and directness when the offense is stagnant.

If Yaya starts at DM and both Xavi & Iniesta are in the midfield, the only way Pep brings Keita on is likely as a sub for Iniesta or Thierry, I'd imagine

Ideally, Pep, I'm sure, wants both Yaya & Seydou on the pitch at the same time but who do you sit?...I think if Pep is truly going to employ a rotation policy then he needs to sit a player, any player, if they are not adding to the effectiveness of the match...I think that's where Keita could be employed as a super sub

I think many of us were expecting an evolution in Yaya's game this season after some brief teases of it last season (Esp. the CDR Final)

zanela

umm a lot? Really we tried ALL combinations with 3. Please dont make research anything now. Also doubt your theory about "pep signings" has much weight. Marquez?

What about Marquez? The Ukranian jesus has pretty much taken his place.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I always felt like Masch was more likely to play in the CM, pretty muhc at Keitas spot alongside Biscuits, supposed to swap positions with him regularly throughout the game though. Fairly unlikely that Pep would run a 3 midget MF ever.

Besides there is a huge tendency towards building up Busi, otherwise he wouldnt see so much play. Dunno what it is, maybe he sees more potential in him than in Yaya (at least i dont share that idea tbh). Or maybe Yaya is indeed tempting to leave Barca and Pep is just planning the future w/out him ...

B

Blaugrana2205

I think he will change, because he plays to less.

But I dont hope it, Yaya is a important player for barca in my mind.:2145960713mundoemot

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
When u are a manager's fav & given more mins in the league over the more established DM in the team & keep getting played regardless of the performances, i see no reason why he or his agent should complain.
Eh? Yaya has had more playing time than Busquets.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I always felt like Masch was more likely to play in the CM, pretty muhc at Keitas spot alongside Biscuits, supposed to swap positions with him regularly throughout the game though. Fairly unlikely that Pep would run a 3 midget MF ever.

Besides there is a huge tendency towards building up Busi, otherwise he wouldnt see so much play. Dunno what it is, maybe he sees more potential in him than in Yaya (at least i dont share that idea tbh). Or maybe Yaya is indeed tempting to leave Barca and Pep is just planning the future w/out him ...

If Pep has a weakness, there may be a bit too much preferential treatment towards La Masia products, IMHO

Home of Barca Fans