Yaya Toure

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Everyone and their dog knows M Diarrhoea is one of the best destroyers around, he's intimidating as hell and I would always fear the team he plays for. But he's a skill-less thug and would never be accepted on Barcelona, he can barely pass! To me he's representative of Capello's Madrid, a team that scared the shit out of me but was never even loved by Madrid fans.

Yaya is one of the best DM's around, this is a fact. You accuse me of always badmouthing my own team one minute (and I still don't think Biscuits is a true DM, sorry..he's Van Bommel with skill), now I'm accused of being an Arseanal-esque homer? :lol:

I would take Yaya over M Diarrhoea any day.

+1 and I still feel Meta and co overrate M Diarra

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
El tren, are you even talking about? Essien took an uncoordinated swipe at the ball and looked like a buffoon as he kicked the air just barely tipping the ball straight to Messi.

And Toure, what Toure has accomplished on an individual level during his time at Barca no other player in his position at big club has accomplished. He has been successful at shutting down the entire midfield of some of the other top teams in Europe ON HIS OWN. You cannot really ask for more than what he has given to Barca on the pitch.

Frankly man this forum is becoming a joke. Generally speaking, the cules have become more dense than the Madristas on this forum. The level of bias is far too high to have sensible discussions. Personally, I look forward more to Gio and Raed's post's more than MOST (not all) of the cules here.
a) I never denied Essiens mistake

b) Toures flaws in that same match are unchallenged by you - those that would have lead to 1-2 goals if Drogba wasnt incapable this night

c) the "ON HIS OWN" part is simply laughable, considering a possession rate between 60-70% (which means Barca doesnt spend much time defending and the "shut down" of opponents midfield comes from possession ... and Yaya isnt one of the key players there) and the heavy pressing done by everyone around and esp. in front of him (causing the ball to be often won by someone else already)

d) i am hardly biased ... I mean i wouldnt even know towards whom you think im biased ... towards Barca players (apparently not as im arguing against Yaya here) or towards other players i would rather like to see at Barca (if you check my other posts in this forum you would find out that im against a Masch transfer and dont think that Busquests is a full replacement for Yaya yet ...)?

e) to sum it up: learn to read and learn to be objective, esp. if you accuse others to be subjective while YOU most obviously are.

V

Valon

Good post El Tren.

We all love Yaya, that I can say without a doubt but some of us are pointing that he's not perfect( although he is perfect for us and I wouldn't trade him for anyone else ). Are we not allowed for that.

As for Mamadu, I always rated him, hated that he went to Real.

V

Valon

Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure insists he is happy at the club despite speculation over a transfer.

The Ivory Coast star has been linked with a number of clubs in recent weeks, although he recently denied that he wanted to link up with his brother Kolo at Manchester City.

The 26-year-old signed a contract extension with the Catalan club during the summer, but he has found first team opportunities hard to come by so far this season.

But despite speculation of reported interest from Arsenal, Manchester United and Inter Milan, the former Monaco and Olympiakos battler says he is happy to fight for his place at the Nou Camp.

"My future in Barcelona is bright," he told skysports.com.

"It is good to be linked with prestigious clubs but I am fine here in Barcelona for the moment.

"I am not moving unless Barcelona accept an offer, and I know I will not play week in week out."

Toure was part of the Ivory Coast team that secured qualification for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and he expressed his delight for the Elephants' fans.

"We are happy we finished well," he added. "We wanted to give something back to all those people who love us, and show to our country we are ready for future battles."

From Sky Sports.

It's all his fucking agent.

El Mesías

We need Yaya more then we need Mashcerano. Even though many deem him as the "destroyer" of the team, he played with such grace never seen in other defensive mids

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
From Sky Sports.

It's all his fucking agent.

Yeah, I don't know...That was a less than convincing response to the speculation and his agents musings, tbh.

"It is good to be linked with prestigious clubs but I am fine here in Barcelona for the moment.

"I am not moving unless Barcelona accept an offer, and I know I will not play week in week out."

I think this story is far from over

C

CTID

Ha Ha Ha Ha.....This guy is SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Obviously coming to Man City it's almost painfuly funny. The unfunny part is we REALLY don't need another DM. No matter how good he is.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Ha Ha Ha Ha.....This guy is SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Obviously coming to Man City it's almost painfuly funny. The unfunny part is we REALLY don't need another DM. No matter how good he is.
Errr? Weren't you the guy that was claiming on this forum people interpreted everything so that it goes barcelona's way?

:lol:

FlyLo

I hadn't even read this when I made my other post but apparently you really are good at coming to retarded conclusions.

Home of Barca Fans