Yaya Toure

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
And Toure, what Toure has accomplished on an individual level during his time at Barca no other player in his position at big club has accomplished. He has been successful at shutting down the entire midfield of some of the other top teams in Europe ON HIS OWN. You cannot really ask for more than what he has given to Barca on the pitch.

The level of bias is far too high to have sensible discussions.

hrm............

Generally speaking, the cules have become more dense than the Madristas on this forum.

you're not wrong ;)

B

beautifulgame

I understood very well how that might be interpreted when I wrote it. :)

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I think it's natural, a dense culé will be tolerated despite absurd levels of bias whilst if a madridista came on and acted likewise they probably wouldn't see out the day :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I think it's natural, a dense culé will be tolerated despite absurd levels of bias whilst if a madridista came on and acted likewise they probably wouldn't see out the day :D

What about dense Arseanal fans? They seem to last a while around here..

B

beautifulgame

Of course. Madristas have a lot less room to make nonsensical comments being that it is a Barca forum dominated by Cules. However, that imbalance is only hurting the dialogue and rhetoric that can be potentially produced on this forum. Furthermore, we are all adults with an ability to reason (well most of us). Why aren't we being more objective on here? This is a great opportunity for all of us to learn and understand football and professional football to a higher degree. However we currently aren't taking advantage of that opportunity considering the type of dialogue we currently are engaging in on this forum.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I figured as much, man, was just fuckin' witcha.

The one thing I find incredibly disturbing is more Barca fans around here seem to respect M Diarrhoea than Yaya. I'm surprised more cules around here aren't talking about how underrated Guti is now that he's in Madrid's doghouse.

djila is an epic DM. I mean, I've been a fan of his since his lyon days (when essien took all his credit). as a DM he's better than yaya. yet the idea of that is anathema to some culés.

some of you are becoming like gooners, where just because a great player plays for us he's automatically amongst the world's best in his position. it's kinda pathetic.

now, yaya IS an absolutely awesome DM, I'm a huge fan of the guy, but there are better DM's than him. djila is most certainly one of them, and the fact that he plays for real madrid doesn't change that. so is mascherano. you may not like these players but that doesn't change their qualities as footballers.

B

Barca4life1000

Yaya is one of Barca's most important players...... here is why

1) He is the best at his position (Skill, size, strength, speed, creativity), the man ia a BEAST
2) He played CB in two critical games in the treble run in 2008 (FCB-CHEL and FCB-ATB). His strength against Drogba was invaluable only Puyol could have done better matching drogba pound for pound.
3) He protects our Super creative midfield. I think we can all agree that tackling is not iniesta or xavi's best points. He protects them alot.
4) The guy never stop running. Try to watch a barca game and only watch YAYA, he covers ALOT of ground.

Finally, I know players like yaya never get the praise or respect that he deserves but i think we can all remember that Real Madrid's downfall began when they sold Makalele. These players are rare and when you have one you keep them....

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Everyone and their dog knows M Diarrhoea is one of the best destroyers around, he's intimidating as hell and I would always fear the team he plays for. But he's a skill-less thug and would never be accepted on Barcelona, he can barely pass! To me he's representative of Capello's Madrid, a team that scared the shit out of me but was never even loved by Madrid fans.

Yaya is one of the best DM's around, this is a fact. You accuse me of always badmouthing my own team one minute (and I still don't think Biscuits is a true DM, sorry..he's Van Bommel with skill), now I'm accused of being an Arseanal-esque homer? :lol:

I would take Yaya over M Diarrhoea any day.

Last edited:

zanela

Yaya is one of Barca's most important players...... here is why
2) He played CB in two critical games in the treble run in 2008 (FCB-CHEL and FCB-ATB). His strength against Drogba was invaluable only Puyol could have done better matching drogba pound for pound.

3, u forgot to mention the CL final :)

Anyway, i do accept the fact that there are better DM's out there, though i've been guilty of being bias too.:blush:
But, any culé who has watched him since his time with us would know of his contributions & the the times he has been huge for us. Its hard not to like the big fella. It's not about who is the best DM in the world, it's about who suits us best. And, i don't see anyone who can offer as much or fit in as perfectly as Yaya with this team.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
dude, stop calling him m diarrhoea. it makes you look like a tool.

you're right, though, he wouldn't excel for us because technically he is limited. although it's not like yaya is playmaker of the century. his passing range is greater but it's not like he's xavi-esque or something. but yes, djila is not ideal for our system because we need everyone to be able to play - but that doesn't change the fact that he's not the best there is at his job.

and I wasn't talking about you with the gooner comments. although you do have a strong attachment to our non-cantera players. :p

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I merely call him M Diarrhoea (like his counterpart L Diarrhoea) because that's what he is. :p Without playing the conspiracy card if he played for a non-Madrid La Liga team (with the possibly exception of us) he'd be sent off every game.

Home of Barca Fans