Yaya Toure

adil_909

u didnt call him nobody the other dude did

henry has been loads worse.... i try not to hate on him to much but he simply has been SHIT sergi has had some good performances henry simply has just sucked

also chygrinsky has been worse and i would say rafa we concede every time he comes in marquez lol

in reference to the "nobody".

i was analysing the situation from toure's perspective. from his perspective, obviously that's what he will think. if i was toure and i was as crucial to the team last year as toure was, and i had just signed a new long term deal, and then suddenly i was being phased out of the team so that someone who is relatively unknown, someone who hasn't accomplished what i had, then wouldn't i also be pissed? obviously. and this contributes to toure's loss of form. i'm not an idiot, i don't think busquets is a nobody. he has the potential to be one of the best DMs in the world. but my analysis was from toure's perspective, looking at the situation from his eyes. take the big picture into account guys.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
no agent is as bad as yaya's that I've encountered in my time as a football fan. yaya is a world-class talent but before barca has had a journeyman career. given the way his agent was behaving last season at a similar stage, my guess is the piece of shit acts the twat and becomes disruptive to force transfers, which of course pocket him a nice sum of money. this would explain why he tried for a city move. not only would he get a chunk of yaya's epic city wages but city have paid like 16m to agents in the last year or somethin', so he'd get some seriously tasty cash out of that.

This is the one thing I tend to agree with, pretty resolutely...If he's looking to destabilize, then, of course, dump him.

However, it seems to be continually overlooked that Yaya, up until the recent renewal/extension, was among the lowest paid players on the squad...This, IMHO, for one of the key players on the squad...I think that was pretty terrible and I was thrilled that work was done on the renewal/extension.

Yet, it appears that he still remains among the lower paid players on the squad which does beg two questions...One, how is that possible considering how important the player is to Barca's success?...Two, why on earth would Yaya accept those monetary terms if he ultimately wasn't happy with it.

Which brings me back to the agent issue you brought up...If Yaya & his agent are simply angling to routinely drum up money issues, then he's paving the way for his exit...I'd understand perhaps but I wouldn't be happy about it...I think he deserves to be paid in the top quartile of the squad and I continue to believe many of you severely underestimate his value to the club & it's success.

We'll see how it ultimately plays out but I sincerely hope he remains at Barca indefinitely

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
in reference to the "nobody".

i was analysing the situation from toure's perspective. from his perspective, obviously that's what he will think. if i was toure and i was as crucial to the team last year as toure was, and i had just signed a new long term deal, and then suddenly i was being phased out of the team so that someone who is relatively unknown, someone who hasn't accomplished what i had, then wouldn't i also be pissed? obviously. and this contributes to toure's loss of form. i'm not an idiot, i don't think busquets is a nobody. he has the potential to be one of the best DMs in the world. but my analysis was from toure's perspective, looking at the situation from his eyes. take the big picture into account guys.

it seems u )and in this care yaya) forgot about last season sergi was a key part to the team as well

and Pep is the only one who sees both players in training everyday, so once again i put my faith in Pep to decide who is a better fit for the Barca

adil_909

1) Fine, that's your opinion but please stop indulging in such hyperbole and slagging off the kid who has had many a fine performance in a blaugrana shirt.

2) His lack of form is a natural occurrence, it's his reaction to losing his place which is more concerning

3) Yes he does, but he has to adopt the right attitude and so far he hasn't.

fair enough. he shoudnt have acted like an idiot in front of the media. i'll definitely give you that. busquets has a bright future, but toure has a bright present, and we need a fit and functioning toure in order to reach the heights of last season.

i'm out.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
This is the one thing I tend to agree with, pretty resolutely...If he's looking to destabilize, then, of course, dump him.

However, it seems to be continually overlooked that Yaya, up until the recent renewal/extension, was among the lowest paid players on the squad...This, IMHO, for one of the key players on the squad...I think that was pretty terrible and I was thrilled that work was done on the renewal/extension.

Yet, it appears that he still remains among the lower paid players on the squad which does beg two questions...One, how is that possible considering how important the player is to Barca's success?...Two, why on earth would Yaya accept those monetary terms if he ultimately wasn't happy with it.

Which brings me back to the agent issue you brought up...If Yaya & his agent are simply angling to routinely drum up money issues, then he's paving the way for his exit...I'd understand perhaps but I wouldn't be happy about it...I think he deserves to be paid in the top quartile of the squad and I continue to believe many of you severely underestimate his value to the club & it's success.

We'll see how it ultimately plays out but I sincerely hope he remains at Barca indefinitely

He was one of the lower paid players in the squad because he was a new arrival and wasn't guaranteed to be an automatic pick, Piqué was in the same boat. He will never be on the same level as Messi, Ibra, Xavi, Iniesta etc. because he's a DM and like goalkeepers and fullbacks it's not a glamour position and doesn't command a massive paypacket. The fact is that Yaya signed a contract agreeing to the improved terms the club offered him which renders arguments about his pay irrelevent because obviously he's happy with his income and the renumeration he receieves is sufficiently competitive compared to what other clubs would have offered him for his services.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
well that was baffling.

in other news, I hope yaya plays a blinder tomorrow. not only will it help him re-find his form, but it will also push busquets to play better. competition for places is awesome. just look at how well abidal is playing now he has legit competition at LB.

adil_909

by the way, i didn't mean to disrespect anyone. meta and CA you guys always have awesome analysis and i respect your opinons a lot even though we differ here! hope you guys didn't mind my somewhat aggressive stance - i just have a hard time understanding why we are doing what we are doing with toure and get a little heated up about it. no disrespect intended.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
well that was baffling.

in other news, I hope yaya plays a blinder tomorrow. not only will it help him re-find his form, but it will also push busquets to play better. competition for places is awesome. just look at how well abidal is playing now he has legit competition at LB.

Absolutely.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
by the way, i didn't mean to disrespect anyone. meta and CA you guys always have awesome analysis and i respect your opinons a lot even though we differ here! hope you guys didn't mind my somewhat aggressive stance - i just have a hard time understanding why we are doing what we are doing with toure and get a little heated up about it. no disrespect intended.

ouch what about me

:sad::sad::sad:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!

There's never any harm in a hotly contested debate, whilst I believe some of your criticisms of Busi are unfair none of it is so bizarre as to be comparable to some rants against other players! I've enjoyed the exchange :beer2:

zanela

if you do, then you DO understand barca's philosophy, and should understand and know that while it's good to have a pure DM option in the squad, at barcelona the ideal is that everyone is able to play and create.

So, how is Gascherano better than Toure in that regard? If anything, Yaya is a better all round DM than that c*nt.

oh and if the supposed "Bestestestest DM in the world" does take Yaya's place in our team, he too 'll 've to be ready to rotate with the other DM and considering he is liverpool's first choice DM & a regular for them, i'm not too sure he'd be happy seeing a younger & an inexperienced DM play over him either. I can bet he'll be complaining too for lack of playing time after a while. OR, would Pep start to bench Busquets more for his signing? :unsure:

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
So, how is Gascherano better than Toure in that regard? If anything, Yaya is a better all round DM than that c*nt.

oh and if the supposed "Bestestestest DM in the world" does take Yaya's place in our team. He too 'll 've to be ready to rotate with our other DM and considering he is liverpool's first choice DM & a regular for them, i'm not too sure he'd be happy seeing a younger & an inexperienced DM play over him either. I can bet he'll be complaining too for lack of playing time after a while. OR, would Pep start to bench Busquets more for his signing? :unsure:

not this again. :p

1. I don't know what pep would do. it's entirely possible he'd play badger more than he plays yaya as the lil' bastard is more aggressive (which is a problem he has with yaya). however, it's worth noting that badger gets injured a fair bit so a rotation policy would help him perform at his best for a season of football.

2. I don't think yaya is a dick, I think his agent is a dick. i.e. yaya's been poorly advised. badger's agent is nowhere near as much of a dick. plus he seems like he'd be super grateful to play in a team as awesome as ours. I don't think he'd be as disruptive.

3. yaya's never a better all-around DM than badger. badger's reading of the game is simply superb.

4. djila is the bestestestestest DM in the world.

There's never any harm in a hotly contested debate, whilst I believe some of your criticisms of Busi are unfair none of it is so bizarre as to be comparable to some rants against other players! I've enjoyed the exchange :beer2:

I feel the same as my swarthy colleague here.

I love a good debate, even if it gets heated.

Home of Barca Fans