Yaya Toure

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
i agree... yaya had a bad game but who doesn't? I dont think Busquets is physically capable of dealing with physical teams in the CL. i la liga there's no problem however but we let go of Yaya and not bring someone physical it'll cost us

That's rubbish, Busi doesn't get overpowered, when he has a bad game it's because his concentration and decision making lets him down but those are things that will improve with more experience.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
His presence, strength etc will never be as good as Yaya. Yaya needs to get his head down and focus because we need him.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Other players manage it and nobody claims a bizarre conspiracy by Pep. Yaya checked out on Barça a while back.

I for one think it's a strange situation. We all know how good Yaya is, but for some reason he almost didn't get any playing time this season. Maybe Barça checked out on Yaya?

zanela

we all know yaya's qualities as a DM, but if he plays like a twat then he doesn't deserve to start over busquets who has been excellent for the most part this season.

At no point was Bus excellent this season. He was good NOT excellent. Bus made blunders in the first half of the season and yet consistently played. It's plain as day he is one of Pep's fav. He almost cost us the El Clásico. His mistakes either get downplayed or swept under the carpet. He needs to work on his strength, headers & decision making. And, his disgraceful antics on the pitch are not befitting for a canterano. Still needs a lot of improvement before he can consistently deliver in the big games.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yaya clearly wants out, as much as I dislike Busquets as a sole anchor at this point he's our only real option.

While I don't think Pep is blameless Yaya does have a history of moving around a lot and as great of a player as he is, you can't change a mercenary. It's a shame.

iced1776

Don't even wanna talk about it, I was really hoping Yaya was in it for the long haul because on his game he's by far my favorite DM in the world. He is single handedly capable of shutting down the middle of the pitch when he's in top form, not to mention add a good bit of flare and passing to the attack.

adil_909

when you treat your players like crap obviously their form will suffer. zlatan has been sucking since december, yet he plays a majority of the games. yaya has been nowhere near as bad as zlatan has in his position, yet he can't get games even thought he's widely regarded as one of the best in the world in that position. obviously it will affect his confidence and performances. busquets is very talented, but he is not and can never bring to the team what yaya does. unfortunately, a lot of you have already made up your minds about his contributions. actually come to think of it, you'd made up your minds in september, which is very unfortunate.

Home of Barca Fans