Yaya Toure

adil_909

and yes that last game was his absolute worst performance in a barca shirt, no doubt about it. i'm not denying that at all.

B

beautifulgame

when you treat your players like crap obviously their form will suffer. zlatan has been sucking since december, yet he plays a majority of the games. yaya has been nowhere near as bad as zlatan has in his position, yet he can't get games even thought he's widely regarded as one of the best in the world in that position. obviously it will affect his confidence and performances. busquets is very talented, but he is not and can never bring to the team what yaya does. unfortunately, a lot of you have already made up your minds about his contributions. actually come to think of it, you'd made up your minds in september, which is very unfortunate.

Best post in the thread my man. I refrain from posting in here because I just can't understand how others in here see the game in the way that they do, therefore I choose not to try to argue against them.

adil_909

beautifulgame, never be afraid to speak your mind, even if you are in the minority. some of the greatest discoveries and science and medicine were made by individuals who had confidence in their data, even though everyone was laughing at them and calling them idiots. this is just a football forum and it doesn't matter what you do here, but out of these forums, never back down from an argument. even if 99 people laugh at you and call you an idiot, there might be 1 person who your thoughts could have a profound impact on, and at the end of the day that's all that matters :)

iced1776

And maybe, just maybe, one day you'll convince Meta that Busquets isn't the obvious choice for DM [/impossible]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
BG, It´s a sad day if you decide not to post because you are afraid of other comments. That´s the exact thing I´m trying to counter for the past few weeks as I noticed a growing number of people going after other peoples throats over a pov and when they weren´t addressed in any way.
Plenty of us here think that Toure is getting stick for the slightest mistakes while Sergi gets away with murder. It´s just the way it is when you are fighting for your place with a local boy. Happens everywhere.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
BG, please state your opinion, it's refreshing compared to some comments here.

In the case of Yaya's role on this team right now there are a few people at fault. While I admire Pep tremendously it's amazing how some people refuse to admit he does anything wrong; it's always Txiki or the players fault.

Pepe Silvia

It's impossible to expect Yaya, or any player for that matter, to repeat his form of last season with so little playing time. Yes Busquets is on the up and up, but Yaya has proven himself and should get more minutes.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Yaya's bad perfomance can cost us the season so imo Pep is doing the right thing. But he should really get more minutes if Busquets performs as badly as he has done lately(didn't watch the Malaga game so I'm not sure whether he has improved yet). But dropping Yaya for Busquets at the season start was a good call from him since Yaya was off form.

Pepe Silvia

They both are excellent DM and we are lucky to have them but the challenge for Pep is how to keep both of them happy and match fit.

adil_909

He's not weak at all, he just makes bad decisions because of his inexperience.

compared to yaya, he is physically weaker. i mean this is not a debatable point, this is a fact. he also doesn't win the ball as cleanly, gives away more fouls (reminds me of motta), and one thing i am really starting to not like about him is how he's starting to roll around on the floor like alves. yaya is also better at running with the ball, and yaya is better at making the simple passes to xavi and iniesta.

on the upside, he is quicker than yaya, he is more likely to play a good through ball or a wicked pass to the strikers. he's more creative than yaya is, and he's better able to create from a deeper position. but for me, that's about it. speed and creativity are less important in the DM position than positioning, strength, decision-making, and distribution. so for me, this is a no brainer. :worthy: :toure:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
distribution, hahaha, no. distribution is partly WHY busquets is there ahead of yaya.

decision-making is 50-50. yaya's a safe bet, you know what you'll get and it'll be solid. busquets will be more ballsy which means he may make mistakes but will also gain us more ground. probably why yaya has been basically an ever-present in the CL (only games he didn't play were due to injury I think) and why he will probably start every KO away game (if not home game, but he may start them too) we play.

as for the game-time argument: UTTER PAP. I dispelled that earlier in the thread. way earlier. he's barely played since the new year but he's been in africa and then been injured so that'd be why. by the time the team broke for xmas, yaya had played just as much as busquets and for longer stretches than busquets and was still less impressive than the kid.

here's a poem:

For Ryan:

brown man, why are you playin' so bad?
I said brown man, you're makin' some of us mad
I said brown man, and the others are glad
but the most of us are just unhappy!

all we want is our YA-YA TOU-RE!
all we want is our YA-YA TOU-RE!

so stop being gay and forlorn
and you'll get back your ass-kicking form

then we'll have our YA-YA TOU-RE!
then we'll have our YA-YA TOU-RE!