Yaya Toure

samg85

Yaya was exhausted, you could tell after the play he made in our half a few minutes before he came off.

Dude, I was watching him most of the game and realized runs more than everybody. He goes back to defend, then he goes up to attack, then you see him on the left helping out a teammate, then he's on the right trying to take the ball away. What a beast.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yaya is way overrated on this forum IMO.

Well, maybe just a little. But I honestly believe he's one of the best DM's playing atm - on a good day nobody is better than him. He's technical, good vision, good tackles, good passing, good crosses, good positioning and he's creative - he just has the whole package. Ad to that, he can play in many positions and do it well - CB, DM and more attacking midfielder.
Tell me Incognitio, what player would you prefer as our DM if you call Yaya overrated? Essien, De Rossi, Mascherano? (even Busquets is soon regeraded as one of the best and he's already with us :p ) They are all great, but it's down to what form they are in. My personal favourit out of them is Essien, he's just so solid - almost never does anything wrong on the pitch. But than again he's not as creative and offensive threat as Yaya is.

[YOUTUBE]Uq_bnrBl7PM[/YOUTUBE]

barca96

Well, maybe just a little. But I honestly believe he's one of the best DM's playing atm - on a good day nobody is better than him. He's technical, good vision, good tackles, good passing, good crosses, good positioning and he's creative - he just has the whole package. Ad to that, he can play in many positions and do it well - CB, DM and more attacking midfielder.
Tell me Incognitio, what player would you prefer as our DM if you call Yaya overrated? Essien, De Rossi, Mascherano? (even Busquets is soon regeraded as one of the best and he's already with us :p ) They are all great, but it's down to what form they are in. My personal favourit out of them is Essien, he's just so solid - almost never does anything wrong on the pitch. But than again he's not as creative and offensive threat as Yaya is.

on their best days i gotta go with
1.yaya
2.essien
3. marcos senna

gimmick

After the way he performed in the latter 1/3 of last season, I cannot agree with that statement. He was immense then. I would far prefer him starting every week than Busquets, and I am actually a Busquets fan.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!

[YOUTUBE]Uq_bnrBl7PM[/YOUTUBE]

Essien for me everytime. He is much more disciplined positionally. Yaya just doesn't do it for me. We are always more disjointed when he plays and he struggles to keep the ball.

barca96

Essien for me everytime. He is much more disciplined positionally. Yaya just doesn't do it for me. We are always more disjointed when he plays and he struggles to keep the ball.

really?
i thought that only for this year he lost more balls than usual.
usually he hardly loses the ball. he either does one touch or he makes those runs.

beef-supreme

Yaya was the best Barcelona player in 2007/08. Since then, he's been immense and versatile in several key matches and i think that's why he's so highly rated. He is great on the ball as well, which is special for a DM.

desoe

Yaya has a sublime touch. He could keep the ball even when he's being pressured up by two or more players. And he'll not just kick it out somewhere, but keep it and pass it to somebody else. He has a great technique for such a tall and big guy. The strange thing is when he lose possession in obviously easier situations :lol:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match

ya know i actually agree with u... he is amazing but rarely TBH i think like 4-5 matches all season i have been wowed by him for me he is a beastly player but sergi has more of a head for the game

Home of Barca Fans