Yaya Toure

samg85

haha
don't think pep cares about that. he will just take busi over yaya again

Nah, not really. I stated before that even though he doesn't play in many La Liga matches, he has started in every Champions League games except one. Yaya is a work horse who starts in every big game. He started in almost every champions league games last season and in the 6-2, 2-0 beating of Madrid. He didn't start in this year's Clasico though. I expect Pep to start him against Arsenal.

Merv

thanks merv!

im kinda worried that Pep will bench Yaya once Xavi recovers.

YW.

Well Yaya has a couple of weeks to get his game on and show Pep a thing or two before Xavi returns. I was mightily impressed with him during the last game. He looked like he was enjoying himself too. Wonderful stuff!

iced1776

Another fantastic game from the big man! He was definitely getting tired though, good call from Pep to take him off.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
He huffed, puffed and looked jaded at around 60mins, so yeah. A decent showing tonight, despite of that.

B

beautifulgame

The midfield and forward line was lost. Yaya, Busquets and Keita were not sure who should take charged (that is just how it looked from my seat), then around the 40 minute mark Yaya decided to just take the game.

I think he had the main distribution role today but he found it difficult for most of the first half. He hasn't really ever had that role in this team yet so I wouldn't get down on him too much..

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The midfield and forward line was lost. Yaya, Busquets and Keita were not sure who should take charged (that is just how it looked from my seat), then around the 40 minute mark Yaya decided to just take the game.

I think he had the main distribution role today but he found it difficult for most of the first half. He hasn't really ever had that role in this team yet so I wouldn't get down on him too much..

On the contrary, I don't think that many "get down on him too much" - but they actually think he did a great game. What let him down was the interaction with Keita, because Keita looked lost today (misunderstand me correctly, Keita has been great for us but he just came back from an injury so he looked a little bit confused today) . If he would have Iniesta by his side he would play Xavi's role - and if he was paired with Xavi he would play Iniesta's more attacking role. Overall, if his agent stfu and Yaya keeps playing like last season and the last 2 matches - I would like him to stay untill his retirement.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
seems he has good match then bad.. so next one will be good save him for arsenal fabregas gets a yaya sandchich for 90 min

B

beautifulgame

I really wouldn't call his performance today a bad one.

More good than bad I say.. those two chances on goal however :banghead:

Home of Barca Fans