Yaya Toure

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Yeah, Touré would rape Bendtner. I pray to god Márquez doesn't play. I'd even rather have Chyg than Márquez atm.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
it's probably more that:

1. he was rubbish in mallorca
2. pep wanted us to bumrush arsenal, which means loads of attacking play, which means a DM who can play, which means busquets.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
it's probably more that:

1. he was rubbish in mallorca
2. pep wanted us to bumrush arsenal, which means loads of attacking play, which means a DM who can play, which means busquets.

And Yaya can't play? He can only defend or what? Yaya is twice the player that Busquets is in every aspect.

adil_909

seirously, yaya needs to leave in the summer. i can't believe how poorly he gets treated. he had the game of his life against valencia playing with busi at DM, and meanwhile keita has done f-all. why did he select keita over yaya today?? thank you yaya toure for the memories, but you need to go to a club that appreciates you, and this is not barca sorry to say. and hope he has more class, but if he badmouths us after he leaves, well he has EVERY right to do so.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
And Yaya can't play? He can only defend or what? Yaya is twice the player that Busquets is in every aspect.

he's not, though.

not even close in an attacking aspect.

he can pull off individualist attacks (i.e. dribbles and shots) better than busquets but when it comes to our fast passing attack busquets is lightyears ahead - which is how he got into the team in the first place and why pep continues to play him.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Such a disgrace that we need to rely on Yaya to save us playing out of position at CB as he did in the 2 biggest games last year then will probably get tossed straight out of the team. Busquets was great tonight but you could see how overloaded he was at the end and how tired Keita was from 70' onwards.

Pep is forcing out one of our best players and he won't realise what a mistake it is until we are really in the shit.

adil_909

he's not, though.

not even close in an attacking aspect.

he can pull off individualist attacks (i.e. dribbles and shots) better than busquets but when it comes to our fast passing attack busquets is lightyears ahead - which is how he got into the team in the first place and why pep continues to play him.

really don't want to have this debate with you again, but i hope you'll be man enough to admit that he should have started instead of keita today.

adil_909

Such a disgrace that we need to rely on Yaya to save us playing out of position at CB as he did in the 2 biggest games last year then will probably get tossed straight out of the team. Busquets was great tonight but you could see how overloaded he was at the end and how tired Keita was from 70' onwards.

Pep is forcing out one of our best players and he won't realise what a mistake it is until we are really in the shit.

exactly. its going to be the real madrid and makelele situation all over again.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Why is it that everyone jumps the "YAYA IS GOING OUT" bandwagon because another player who is more fitted to the tactics gets to play a game?

Hasn't Yaya played all the previous CL-encounters this season? Why was that? Also because he is being driven out of the team?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
really don't want to have this debate with you again

yes, don't go down that road, because you're wrong and it would just be annoying.

but i hope you'll be man enough to admit that he should have started instead of keita today.

based on what?

based on mallorca? he was rubbish. keita wasn't great but certainly looked better than yaya. not to mention keita and busquets is a proven midfield pairing for us. yaya/busquets notsomuch and yaya/keita is downright awful.

I can't argue with keita starting.

HOWEVER

he should have come off. he kept wide in the first half and worked hard which really stretched arsenal out, and that was great, but he was flat for almost the entire second half. should have been first man out (around the hour if not earlier) with yaya coming in to help solidify us.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

yawn.

I know you love him, and you know I love him, but yaya hasn't been one of our best players since may 2009 mate. he's been underpar this whole season and pep can't keep starting players based on what they did last season or how good they're supposed to be. that's why henry has been on the bench for extended periods this season and why chygrynskiy hasn't played since the sevilla game.

rafa is the only guy who seems to get games regardless of how much he screws up. if pep has a soft spot for anyone it's the mexican't.

adil_909

lol ok meta i think you've forgotten the valencia game maybe you should rewatch how great busquets - toure partnership was that game. toure also played really well against osasuna. mallorca? please who played well that game? yaya should have started, and if not started, should have come on early in the second half at least for keita.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
lol ok meta i think you've forgotten the valencia game maybe you should rewatch how great busquets - toure partnership was that game. toure also played really well against osasuna. mallorca? please who played well that game? yaya should have started, and if not started, should have come on early in the second half at least for keita.

which is exactly what I said!

yaya/busquets has been good (most notably the first clasico last season after sergi came on) but it's not as tried and trusted as busquets/keita.

and yes, several of our players were bad against mallorca but yaya was particularly poor. I really want him to rediscover his form of last season (if you read back through this thread you will see that) but he's just not getting it done.

adil_909

which is exactly what I said!

yaya/busquets has been good (most notably the first clasico last season after sergi came on) but it's not as tried and trusted as busquets/keita.

and yes, several of our players were bad against mallorca but yaya was particularly poor. I really want him to rediscover his form of last season (if you read back through this thread you will see that) but he's just not getting it done.

his games vs. valencia and osasuna were suggesting that he is getting his form back. so i don't know on what basis keita got picked over him today. yaya was not shocking and keita was not superman - both were average. but yaya had two great games before that so objectively speaking he should have started today. i agree yaya hasn't hit the heights of last season. but valencia game was his best performance this year. it's like now when zlatan has finally scored 2 goals and pep were to stop playing him. confidence goes a long way in football, and yaya's will be shot after not playing at all today.

Home of Barca Fans