Yaya Toure

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Pep has been unfair to Yaya, especially in the first half of the season. Busquets IMO didn't deserve to keep Yaya out, he made silly mistakes like getting sent off in the Classico and wasn't dropped or punished accordingly.

Not bringing him on today was both insulting and stupid, I have no doubts he will perform in the second leg and then find himself on the bench again.

Must start at CB against Bilbao as a warm up, Llorente is better than Bendtner but equally as challenging in the air.

adil_909

Pep has been unfair to Yaya, especially in the first half of the season. Busquets IMO didn't deserve to keep Yaya out, he made silly mistakes like getting sent off in the Classico and wasn't dropped or punished accordingly.

Not bringing him on today was both insulting and stupid, I have no doubts he will perform in the second leg and then find himself on the bench again.

Must start at CB against Bilbao as a warm up, Llorente is better than Bendtner but equally as challenging in the air.

i don't think he should start in CB, CBs require confidence and a CB without confidence is a liability. why did we give rafa a new contract if not to cover in important games like this. yaya should play with busquets in midfield and milito and rafa should start. it's not fair to put all this pressure on toure to deliver at CB after destroying his confidence by not playing him this game.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

I've posted it somewhere but busquets didn't "keep yaya out" in the first half of the season. he played more infrequently and less times overall than the big fella.

he was sent off in the clasico and didn't play the next game, where yaya was absolutely abysmal against XEREZ, practically handing busquets' starting place back to him. all yaya had to do was play well vs. xerez and he would have kept busquets out for a while but he was cack and let him right back in.

vs. xerez: yaya
vs. depor: busquets
vs. espanyol: yaya
vs. atlante: both (busquets scored the crucial equaliser)

so even though yaya was utter utter gash against xerez, he still only missed out one game after that and was played for two consecutive.

iced1776

Tactically it was the right call to start Busquets, but he should have come off for Yaya towards the end when it was obvious we weren't trying to boss the midfield anymore. And what happens? Sergi pulls another signature give away in our half that leads to a goal.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Tactically it was the right call to start Busquets, but he should have come off for Yaya towards the end when it was obvious we weren't trying to boss the midfield anymore. And what happens? Sergi pulls another signature give away in our half that leads to a goal.

Biscuits was actually very good until he decided to pull one of his trademark :marquez: moments, but Yaya should have came on for Keita when we started to give them space in the midfield. Once again Pep showed he doesn't trust Yaya in big games, and I don't understand why.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
yaya just cant touch sergi in passing and vision.. he is cool yea we all love him.. but his game is based on power and athletism hope he plays on the weekend

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
yaya just cant touch sergi in passing and vision.. he is cool yea we all love him.. but his game is based on power and athletism hope he plays on the weekend

I disagree, Yaya is as good of a passer as Biscuits. The main difference is with trickiness - Yaya is a more direct player that relies on anticipation while Biscuits fouls more and is more deceptive of a mover.

Biscuits was a good choice to start the game but when we began tiring out in the midfield he needed help.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's not, though.

yaya can't pass like busquets and never is this more obvious then when he plays for cote d'ivoire.

his short-range passes are safe and accurate (exactly what you want from a DM) and he has a long-range pass which can be absolutely delightful. but he has no mid-range pass to speak of, at least not without waiting on the ball for at least five seconds to measure it. and the way cote d'ivoire play, with space between the lines, he needs to use mid-range passing and simply does not produce. like ever.

but even then, it's not so much his ability as his mentality. he can't play like busquets does because he wasn't raised in an environment which promoted a sharp passing attack. simple as that really. busquets can participate fully in tikitaka, yaya can't.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
he's not, though.

yaya can't pass like busquets and never is this more obvious then when he plays for cote d'ivoire.

his short-range passes are safe and accurate (exactly what you want from a DM) and he has a long-range pass which can be absolutely delightful. but he has no mid-range pass to speak of, at least not without waiting on the ball for at least five seconds to measure it. and the way cote d'ivoire play, with space between the lines, he needs to use mid-range passing and simply does not produce. like ever.

but even then, it's not so much his ability as his mentality. he can't play like busquets does because he wasn't raised in an environment which promoted a sharp passing attack. simple as that really. busquets can participate fully in tikitaka, yaya can't.

Some of you overrate Biscuits' passing ability because he's a masia product. He gambles with his passes and that's why he's capable of both the spectacular and extremely stupid. He's a better one touch passer than Yaya, yes, but you are making it sound like Yaya is some athletic-only brute like Diarra while Busquets is another Xaviesta, and that's just stereotyping.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Some of you overrate Biscuits' passing ability because he's a masia product. He gambles with his passes and that's why he's capable of both the spectacular and extremely stupid. He's a better one touch passer than Yaya, yes, but you are making it sound like Yaya is some athletic-only brute while Busquets is another Xaviesta, and that's just stereotyping.

come on nolan, you're better than accusing me of racial stereotyping.

read the post: I said yaya's short passing is solid as, and his long-passing is devastating. but he takes time to think about his mid-range passes which is why he can't always participate in tikitaka like busquets can. does that sound like I'm describing an athletic-only brute? give over.

and busquets plays passing on instinct, it's second nature to him.

it's not to yaya and that's fairly obvious to see.

yes right now busquets passes probably TOO much on instinct which is why he can make mistakes in possession. but he's 21. that will go from his game with experience.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
come on nolan, you're better than accusing me of racial stereotyping.

read the post: I said yaya's short passing is solid as, and his long-passing is devastating. but he takes time to think about his mid-range passes which is why he can't always participate in tikitaka like busquets can. does that sound like I'm describing an athletic-only brute? give over.

and busquets plays passing on instinct, it's second nature to him.

it's not to yaya and that's fairly obvious to see.

yes right now busquets passes probably TOO much on instinct which is why he can make mistakes in possession. but he's 21. that will go from his game with experience.

Oh don't get me wrong, I know that's not what you are doing, but it sounds like that at first glance. The thing is I don't believe Yaya and Biscuits have strengths that negate each other, I don't like Biscuits as a lone DM when we take the pedal off the gas and I don't see why Pep doesn't trust Yaya enough to help boost the defense at the end of games.

jairzinho

Well said. while i like Yaya, Sergi is definitely the more technically gifted player and his reading of the game is on the same page of Xavi, Iniesta etc. Yaya on the other hand is the typical ruthless no nonsense stlye defensive mid. strong, physical, menacing etc etc.

Home of Barca Fans