Yusuf Demir

behindbrowneyes

Rumour in Austria that the buy-option of 10M becomes mandatory if he plays 2 more games for the first team.

When the contract got signed 10 games for the first team seemed far-fetched as he was planned for the B-team. Now that we had so many injuries and he is a player of the first team, it seems easy achieveable.

I'm pretty sure we'll only see him in absolute exceptional situations like against Benfica. Ilias and Abde will be preferred alone to the fact of that clause.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

10M that can go towards Araujo/Gavi/Dembele renewals spent on some punt from the Austrian league that's been shit in every competitive game. Those type of transfers are for state clubs where 10m is pocket change, not us.

We don't have any money to spend on this type of player.

ajnotkeith

Rumour in Austria that the buy-option of 10M becomes mandatory if he plays 2 more games for the first team.

When the contract got signed 10 games for the first team seemed far-fetched as he was planned for the B-team. Now that we had so many injuries and he is a player of the first team, it seems easy achieveable.

I'm pretty sure we'll only see him in absolute exceptional situations like against Benfica. Ilias and Abde will be preferred alone to the fact of that clause.

Xavi subbed him on at '88 the other game. I think the condition of the clause is he has to play over 45 minutes in each appearance. Else that sub must mean Xavi's eager to buy him now.

behindbrowneyes

Xavi subbed him on at '88 the other game. I think the condition of the clause is he has to play over 45 minutes in each appearance. Else that sub must mean Xavi's eager to buy him now.

That part with over 45 minutes sounds reasonable. Good chances this might be the case.

Messi983

Can you read a full version of this article? What does it say?

https://kurier.at/sport/fussball/di...lt-zu-den-zehn-millionen-fuer-rapid/401836540

Messi983

Fucking hell are we stuck with him now too? 10m out of the window

Still not sure about this. That's why I'd like to see what that original article from Kurier says and how reliable they are.

A clause that is conditioned by the dispute of 45 minutes (or more) in a minimum of 20 games with the Catalans. However, according to the daily Kurier, Demir could be ostracized until February. That is, until the winter market session ends in 2022 and said expense (if it occurs) does not affect the financial situation in January (to be calculated as a summer movement 2022-2023). What's more, this source adds that this purchase option (of ? 10 million) will be effective when Yusuf returns to compete with Xavi's.

https://www.fichajes.com/a6554377015997056879-el-curioso-caso-de-yusuf-demir-en-el-fc-barcelona

What is clear is they've f**** up his situation. He should've been registered for Barca B so he could get regular minutes to develop there and be called up for the first team when needed.

Messi983

Nope. We already wanted to do that with Collado but couldn't.

Another great deal by board.

It's actually a good deal. We got a talent that many teams were after and prepared to pay more money for him on a cheap try out before investing anything in him, we just f*** up not registering him for Barca B.

I'm still convinced he'll turn out a very good player in a few years and we'll look stupid to not give him more chances while playing likes of Coutinho.

delancey

Nope. We already wanted to do that with Collado but couldn't.

It's actually a good deal. We got a talent that many teams were after and prepared to pay more money for him on a cheap try out before investing anything in him, we just f*** up not registering him for Barca B.

I'm still convinced he'll turn out a very good player in a few years and we'll look stupid to not give him more chances while playing likes of Coutinho.
Thanks mate. Where?s the logic in allowing B-team players to participate La Liga games, but not allowing A-team players to play in Barcelona B? Also, why shouldn?t we be allowed to reregister players in an open transfer window? He?s our player; we should be allowed to use our assets how we see fit!

Messi983

It's La Liga, there is not much logic here. :)

In Spain first teams and their B/reserve teams are considered almost like independent teams so clubs can't send down players registered for the first team to their B team, not even for a game or two to give players recovering from injuries some match fitness which is possible in all other big leagues AFAIK. I guess it's understandable because Segunda B (Primera RFEF) is not really a reserve league and teams like Barca B, RM Castilla and Villarreal B competing there mostly have much bigger resources than other teams in the division. It could be seen as an advantage for bigger clubs if we could send down likes of recovering Pedri or Ansu to play a game or two against Segunda B oppositions. Mostly just in home games though as I doubt we'd risk them playing on bad pitches in away games.

It's another thing when promoting players from B teams to the first teams. Most clubs wants (and need to due to financial restrictions) to develop their youngsters so La Liga is not preventing clubs from doing that and limiting their chances to promote from within. But yeah, I think there should be a way for clubs to send players to their B teams, especially younger ones (let's say U21) who don't play enough in the first team even if they're registered there.

That said, in summer we've had an option to register Yusuf as a Barca B player (which I don't think would be a problem for him to accept as he would surely prefer to play regularly there than warm first team bench) but for whatever reason we decided to register him for the first team instead (which I've said at the time was probably a bad move) and have now wasted (at least) 6 months of his development.

Similar story with Collado who was first promoted with a thought of going on loan but rejected that to stay and later we couldn't register him for Barca B anymore nor for the first team. The difference is he's a few years older than Demir and too good for 3rd tier football but probably not good enough for even our current first team. With all injuries he could've at least gotten a chance though but now we can't register him as a first team player again in January even if we'd want. So it's up to him to have a good loan spell at Granada and maybe convince Xavi to give him another chance next (pre)season but my guess is he'll be sold in summer.

Home of Barca Fans