Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Kinlejus

And I agree, a world class performance in a CL final or similar would be the final icing on the cake that is his career. Problem is, he has never even played one. Yet. Hopefully he gets the chance the coming couple of years. Look at Drogba: his final touches as a serious professional finaly gave Chelsea a CL title.

The biggest games Ibra have played the last years, he has been awesome in every single one I can think of. Last one the double games against Portugal; best player on the field, did enough on his own to qualify Sweden had they been lucky. If that would have happened, the performance would have been legendary.

His last bad big game performance I can remember is actually Barca/Inter, where the whole team looked sick and he looked boardeline dead.

And I agree Barcelona really added a couple of dimensions to his play. He learned to up his work rate, stress defefences, and I really think his character grew much stronger having faced the set backs. Became less myopic and more of a team player.

EDIT: He was also questioned in the CL games against Tottenham, first season with Milan. But I cant really agree with that; he was still the best/least bad attacker on the field. Even scored a stunning goal in the last minutes to save the game, but called of by a 50/50 foul. Wish I had a clip of that, if someone has it please link.

He did, against Inter at Camp Nou, CL semi-final second leg. Completely invisible. Until this day I remember that game and how unproductive he was back then.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't like his arrogance. But he is right.

What arrogance? It's a fabricated interview as usual. This always seems to happen and I've said this a million times; If it's not on video, it's probably not true.

Sorry. My bad..

Imo he's not even arrogant (even if what Mirror writes is true), he is Zlatan :lol: Just because he speaks and thinks like that sets him apart from everybody else, some other players think like that but just keeps it to themselves. Football would be a little bit more boring without Ibra. And what he says about EPL is actually true, he's top 10 forward the latest couple of years, this season he's the best - of course he would beast it up, just like Suarez does in Pool atm. But at least Ibra is not a racist cannibal :party1:

He did, against Inter at Camp Nou, CL semi-final second leg. Completely invisible. Until this day I remember that game and how unproductive he was back then.

I know, I know. But you don't think that was down to him being not spoken to by the coach for a month or two? Ibra is a special, sometimes in a funny way, sometimes in a less funny way. But Pep was also special, never funny though, but sometimes bigheaded and weird.

Trillske

I agree, but they all where. Including Messi. That was around a time Messi pretty much never performed bad, and in that game he was suddenly invisible. The players talked about the buss ride (vulcano) screwing everything up, and looking at how almost all players where shit, its easy to believe.

Zlatan might have performed bad anyway concidering he was not in a good place in the club anymore though, who knows. Judging by his book it was right after the vulcano game that the situation got really miserable.

EDIT: since you are talking about the second leg I guess the second paragraph here is more applicable.

Trillske

If you dont love him, you will after this one:
[youtube]JmCNwWrPt78[/youtube]

"Where you afraid that it would stop the goal?"
"No. I would put him and the ball in the goal.".

X

Xavimascapenes

Can understand why they kept Camara even though he never plays, seems a really nice guy. Also Ibra's French is hilarious.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
The striking statistic from Ibrahimovic's career is that he has won more caps for his country (96) than league appearances for any one club, despite turning out for the likes of Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan and now Paris Saint-Germain.
Hahaha, wow, that's actually quite amazing. Don't think I've ever heard of that before.

Theconomist

I love the part where they ask him about the team's vacation and he says: the others have 2, me I have 3 (days off).

Trillske

Its so skick that he is right on track for the golden boot. Scoring a lot of goals has never been his strength. He has even started to score some nice headers.

When he is done, will he have a single weakness left?

Babylonian

Its so skick that he is right on track for the golden boot. Scoring a lot of goals has never been his strength. He has even started to score some nice headers.

When he is done, will he have a single weakness left?
Golden shoe? Uhm nah far from it.. remember he's playing in France and they only have a factor of 1.5..

Theconomist

Golden shoe? Uhm nah far from it.. remember he's playing in France and they only have a factor of 1.5..

Screw the GB, Zlatan can guide PSG to the CL although I doubt it'll happen this season (they have some issues they need to address: a better winger than Lavezzi, a better RB than Van der Wiel but then they're pretty much the perfect team.

Trillske

Oh, thats too bad. And sort of ridicolous, its a lot harder to win a league like La Liga, but its probably easier to score a lot of goals. Ligue 1 is really tight that way, always been. But I guess that is hard to measure quantitatively anyway.

Ah well. Z didnt get a golden ball this year, but he got my unofficial. If he ends up scoring the most goals he will get my unofficial golden boot as well. :p And he is still in the race for CL, should PSG be lucky enough to at least reach semis.

Bertus

a0d5355424d44f3f66483b7b0f10cce2.jpg

784e27ceeeb2961712f2ebbbfdf8c23a.jpg

f5df15ca1163e7f5f994f365b1aba293.jpg

70cd633fa21126cac9c98d36fc72aaac.jpg

Home of Barca Fans