Zlatan Ibrahimovic

pEllee

I have no idea, I just copied it from Milan forum. Sorry if it's a fake quote, I'll continue believing it happened, until proven otherwise :D

Assist for Cavani:

Nice try:

No worries! :)

But to be honest, many of his so called "legendary" quotes are actually fake. Or in many cases, they were taken out of context which made them sound incredibly arrogant. And also, quite often when he actually did say something it's just him joking...

-

Great skill in the video though, would have been the assist of the year.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No worries! :)

But to be honest, many of his so called "legendary" quotes are actually fake. Or in many cases, they were taken out of context which made them sound incredibly arrogant. And also, quite often when he actually did say something it's just him joking...
I believe those who like his "arrogant" comments, like them because he is doing it for fun... If he is serious when saying them, people wouldn't really lik,e him so much! I know for sure I won't!!

Zincubus

Banned
Looks like Ibra doesn't hate Messi quitevas much as is widely believed , by many Barca fans for some reasons. ......

@barcastuff: Ibrahimovic: "Ribery deserves award? If it's about the team, he should win. But if it's about individual talent, no one's better than Messi !

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Only those people who think Pep can never go wrong and that criticizing him is blasphemy believe that Zlatan is a moron who does not appreciate other players and can't stand players outperforming him! He may be that too for all we know, but the Spanish media, especially the Catalan one, went overboard slamming Zlatan!!

pEllee

Looks like Ibra doesn't hate Messi quitevas much as is widely believed , by many Barca fans for some reasons. ......

@barcastuff: Ibrahimovic: "Ribery deserves award? If it's about the team, he should win. But if it's about individual talent, no one's better than Messi !

Why would anyone think he hates Messi? It's not like this was the first time he praised Messi...

There's even a video of it;

I believe those who like his "arrogant" comments, like them because he is doing it for fun... If he is serious when saying them, people wouldn't really lik,e him so much! I know for sure I won't!!

Well, like I said, many of those comments haven't even been said in the first place. And many seem to dislike him for them.

-

If anyone's interested PSG are playing against Ea Guingamp soon. Starts in 30 minutes.

Bertus

The irish medias made fun of Zlatan on the fringe of the international match between the two teams when the swedish star arrived at the airport.

"The Ego has landed"

"The one man team"

--------

After PSG victory against Gingamp (2-0), Zlatan said something fabulous to the medias once again :lol:

In reply to a question about how he scored only one goal in 4 matches of the French League so far

"It's good to not score much anymore, this way I lessen the abyss that exists between me and most of the player of the team"

:neymar:

Ah zlatan, never changes please :pep:

CesDel

Why would anyone think he hates Messi? It's not like this was the first time he praised Messi...

People bought the fake news(like the sms) that Messi is the reason as to why Ibra left Barca.

--

Dailymail seems to be reporting some quotes from Ibra's book again for some reason. But let's be honest, those quotes hurt his image more than Barça's or Messi's.

pEllee

Ye, what a piece of shit those quotes from Daily Mail were. Makes it sound way worse than it was.

Just look at the headline; "I yelled at Van der Vaart: 'Stop the lies or I'll break both your legs' - I wanted to rip another team-mate limb from limb... and how I dragged one scared opponent along like a disobedient dog

What the hell? He didn't really say it like that and besides, I'd say you have to read the whole book to understand. These quotes are being taken out of context. It's actually funny what kind of power the media has. The headline, together with the pictures of him being angry just makes him out to be a violent thug. To very good effect as well. It's very cheap actually. Can't believe people fall for that...

Sure, he sometimes does have the mentality of a trouble maker. Which you can tell from time to time. But not even close to being as bad as they make it him out to be.

--

Btw, they are reporting it because the book is published in England now. For some reason, two years later than in Sweden. Tomorrow they'll probably report more quotes. We'll see if they decide to go with the scandals or the good parts. The scandals sell better I suppose.

EDIT: Whatever. Discussions about his personality are boring. I think it's been talked about more than enough. I get it, 50% think he's a cunt and the other half thinks he's a legend.

Anyway, I saw someone post a decent article about him in the nation team; http://www.thescore.ie/zlatan-sweden-analysis-1070320-Sep2013/

Last edited:

Zebulun

I still hold the belief that Pep was right in buying a tall technical targetman. Its the final piece of the barcelona puzzle that seems to elude everyone. Maybe if zlatan wasn't such a douche he mightve still been here destroying parked buses. neymar always loves playing off of a central striker, that way you get to mix it up, sometimes dribble sometimes cross to CF. if only zlatan had a better team oriented mentality our forward line would be the most innovative and dynamic.

pEllee

interesting, as always.. interview with Ibra

starts around 7/8 mins in, said he had a fantastic first 6 months.. then pep starting avoiding him and he doesnt know why.

Meh, nothing new. Everything's been said in the book that came out two years ago.

There really is nothing new to add to the discussion. :p

--

Thanks for the link though.

Beast

The Observer
Legend....

"Guardiola is a fantastic coach. But as a human? He is a coward. He is no man," he said.

The Swede alleged that, after Lionel Messi had complained to Guardiola about him because "I scored more goals than him,", he never stood a chance under the Spaniard.

He said: "I told him that if I don't fit here, you have to please tell me that. But all I got was sweet talk: 'Ibra you are a super player, you do everything right.' But I still ended up on the bench."

The forward added that he "would have died for [Jose] Mourinho" Guardiola's rival when at Real Madrid, with whom he worked at Inter Milan.

"He is outstanding. Very intelligent and a great motivator," he said. "Guardiola’s philosophical team talks on the other hand -- they are bull***t for the advanced," he said.

"Mourinho can handle personalities, he is able to form a team out of 11 characters. But Guardiola isn't. Why did he opt for Munich? Because the team functions without him.

"It's a complete team. He bought new players, but he does not need them. It was a smart move by Guardiola, because nothing can go wrong in Munich. He will have success."

ROFL

pEllee

Oh god, not this discussion again. There really is nothing new here. It's just embarrassing that the same old quotes from his book keeps on getting repeated over and over.

Whenever the book is released in a new country, the story gets printed printed again, even though it's about two years old. I just wish it all could end.

So if we all could agree not to have yet another Pep vs Ibra discussion for the 54th time that'd be great. :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans